Universal Protection Service Security Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Universal Protection Service Security Officer Interview Questions

Updated Jan 25, 2017

1.6

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Universal Protection Service (Farmington Hills, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied on online Aug 28 and took the assessment test. Two days later Aug 30 I received a phone call from HR letting me know that I was Scheduled for an Interview Friday Sep 2. When I arrived to the interview I was given another application to fill out, they ask what did you observe upon entering the building.After the interview was done I had to sumbit to a background check and drug test

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There Was No Negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Universal Protection Service

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Universal Protection Service (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview process was in a group setting. They talk to us all at once. Not really interested in telling anymore im done talking about the interview process cause it was a simple group interview that's all

Interview Questions

• Do we have reliable transportation   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Universal Protection Service (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Painless, online application, but you must follow up or no one will ever call you. Once you speak with management and they do the phone interview you'll be contacted for a face to face interview and drug testing occurs at the interview. Expect about a 1-2 hour interview. If hired you'll usually get your picture taken for the company security Identification and get your uniforms needed.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do security?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Very easy, not much negotiations available

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Universal Protection Service (Orlando, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

very good and guaranteed a job the interview process was very easy i don't know if it was because they really need people or what but whatever it is you will get hired its up to u to accept the offer or not. The only thing i didn't like was the position states gated community but doesn't state the job description well it says other wise were sitting in the hot sun making sure no cars go down a road there fixing on 12 hours no breaks. i wouldn't have a problem doing this if we have breaks or a lunch i don't think that's fair.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Universal Protection Service (Nashville, TN) in May 2016.

Interview

Had a brief interview at there office in Nashville, then went to the site and had a interview. Had a tour of the site. Got offered the job, but didn't take it yet have another interview for a job closer to were I am living. Did get asked to come on part time as a fill in at other site.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to tell them about myself, and what I did in the Army.   1 Answer

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Universal Protection Service.

Interview

The application is ridiculous and asks a lot of unnecessary questions. You will not get hired unless you actually know someone who can help you or recommend you. If you do, you get hired pretty quickly. You have to be pushy for them to find you something that pays decently.

Anonymous Employee in Harrisonburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Universal Protection Service (Harrisonburg, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

Was quick and rushed. Just wanted to hurry up and get the paperwork and interview done to put a warm body to work. Told me they were really interested in me but later found it was just to get sites covered with whoever. I have many years experience in armed, corrections and unarmed. It didn't take long for me to see this wasn't going to be a good company to work for. Poor communication.

Interview Questions

• What hours I wanted. I specified daylight and put daylight on my application   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Universal Protection Service (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Very easy,I got hired with this company at a work force did the apllication online had the 1 on 1 interview and was hired and sent to orientation the next day.they discriminate on you based on how you look,not your work ethics but how you look

Interview Questions

• If you have customer service experience you got the job, you apply online and do the asessment either call them or wait for them to call you in my case I got hired at a workforce   1 Answer

Negotiation

If you try to negotiate a higher pay they try to fibd something wrong with your appearance and tell you u cant make X amount of money becayse of how you look basically BE AWARE!!!!

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Universal Protection Service (Columbus, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online, had to do it by city/location. Unless you know exactly which location you want/where you'll be working it might be difficult to navigate through open positions. Online app seems a little dated but pretty straighforwad. Includes a personality type test. I dont think the answers I gave made a difference. I knew the supervisor so the interview was pretty easy/basic, but there is a written sheet with basic job interview questions. Had to submit to mouth swab drug test and background check, fingerprinting done in building. Process was quick because there was an opening that needed filled.

Interview Questions

• Provide a brief summary of what you have observed so far at this location.

Please list relevant experience that demonstrates why you would make a good security guard.
      Answer Question

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Universal Protection Service in February 2016.

Interview

Upon arrival you fill out the standard application. They take some of your info (ss card, perc card, ID card and 20 hour training certificate. You might be asked what have you noticed around the office since you've arrived. They ask you questions about yourself and how you think you'll fit there.