Universal Protection Service Security Professional Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Universal Protection Service Security Professional Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2017

1.8

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Fairview, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Universal Protection Service (Fairview, TX).

Interview

It started off with an introduction followed by questions about myself that they learned from social media so if you are extremely vulgar on facebook, twitter, or anything else, you might want to clean up before you apply, They then ask the usual interview questions and other questions pertaining to the job. After that, it was another hand shake and then a dismissal.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any previous experience
    Are you able to remember store locations
    Are you able to multi-task   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Universal Protection Service

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Universal Protection Service (Detroit, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

Apply online only. Five minute interview. Background check. Drug test. Job. The process is slow. It took ten days for my background check. The office was messy. Uniforms everywhere. The staff in the office were half friendly and half didn't care I was there.It seems like a very unorganized place.

Interview Questions

• Asked me why I wanted to work for them   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Universal Protection Service (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview questions were straight forward. Actually it was a quick interview. Interview was on the client site and not at the main office. Professional, Formal. The Manager would ask a question from a list and would fill it out as I answered.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over someone else? What are your Strengths? Weaknesses?   Answer Question

Security Professional Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Universal Protection Service in October 2015.

Interview

There was none. It was an acquisition. They have you fill out a bunch of paperwork. Then they lose it and have you fill it out all over again. They have boxes and boxes of our information but they can't view them because they keep merging with other companies.

Interview Questions

• "Do you ever feel like going out drinking?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Universal Protection Service (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and was invited for a interview anytime Monday-Friday. I went in with the proper paper work needed, and continued on to have a meeting with a manager. The manager then let me know what's available, and I ended up taking a offer on a fire watch job.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work graveyard?   2 Answers

Security Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Universal Protection Service.

Interview

Easy, Process took about 1 week, Regular Interview. They have many job opening the interview determines where they send you. So the better you do in the interview the better account they will send you to

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Universal Protection Service (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Very easy interview. Was asked about my prior work experience. What kind of customer service skills did I have. Also, a time when in my life when I had to defend myself or others. Overall very easy and quick interview. The only downpart was the wait time to get interviewed. Had to wait 30 min. - an hour before interviewer came out to greet me.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Universal Protection Service (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process with Universal is simple, as long as you can prove your customer service skills, you will have success. You will also be looked at if you have previous security/law enforcement experience, veterans will get preferred treatment. You will be drug tested at orientation and will be subject to various random drug tests.

You interview with one of the Operations Manager, this is the person you need to impress in order to gain access to their sites. Once the interview is over, if you are selected you will be notified for either a second interview or orientation. If you are chosen for Orientation, be aware that sites and availability will change greatly. I cannot stress it enough that if there is a site you originally applied to is no longer available, you will have to take what they have to offer or be on a very lengthy waiting list, during which you will not be paid.

Some sites all you need to do is elect for and speak with the manager to take it, other sites you will actually have to do an interview with both the site manager and client representatives, some of which might be owners or people of mid-to-high management status. These interviews will vary dependent on the client, business formal/professional attire is required.

Interview Questions

• If something comes up during your shift, can you remain calm, cool and collected?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Universal Protection Service (Dallas, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was so simple. Once you complete your application you go straight into training class. It's like sitting in a classroom for five hours learning the company and it's demands. After training, you fill out all necessary documents needed and interview with one of the employers to get your location. It's that simple.

Interview Questions

• Are you in this for the long haul?   1 Answer

Security Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Universal Protection Service in July 2014.

Interview

The hiring process takes what seems like forever and a day. The two women that work at the front desk are unprofessional, and very unorganized. They lose, your paperwork, account info, and do not relay messages in a timely manner. The account manager, before offering me a position had the audacity, to say my name 4 times, then say are you from here... Here?, he was very condescending. He gave the position to a unqualified, white woman with a common name... Who was fired within a month.

Interview Questions

• The timeframe, is most difficult. If you need a job now, this isn't the place to look   Answer Question