Universal Service Administrative Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Universal Service Administrative Company Interview Questions

Interviews at Universal Service Administrative Company

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Universal Service Administrative Company (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

A current employee suggested I apply. I used the on line application process. I spoke with two different HR people, which I think is unusual but they might have had a change in personnel. Then I spoke to the hiring manager, two associates in the same group, and the head of the department. The questions weren't too hard. Ultimately it didn't seem like the right job for me, and I said so at the end of the interview. Seems like a decent place from what I know about it.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time you had to negotiate between two groups with different priorities.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Universal Service Administrative Company.

Interview

The interview process is fairly comprehensive. You will interview with HR, who will verify or ask you to confirm some of the info on your resume. Each department varies, but I interviewed with the entire team. They each asked questions, which varied wildly based on the person's level of interviewing experience and job focus/priorities. The interview typically wraps up with a final interview with the senior person managing the team.

Interview Questions

• What will be the first thing you do to be successful in this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Universal Service Administrative Company (Washington, DC) in January 2012.

Interview

Interview process was easy.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. The questions were directly related to my experience, so they could learn if I could do what I said I could do.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was unable to negotiate a salary.

Application

Interview

I interviewed with the VP and the COO, and a very short time with a couple members of the staff. I had to do all the follow-up with HR. On first day, the HR person forgot to set up several of the trainings (indicative still of HR except for some recent hires who are pretty good). The interview processes are better now but the hiring process is still a bit of a disaster.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a higher salary, but paid for it in lower raises every year after that.

Program Analyst - DC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Universal Service Administrative Company (Washington, DC) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied and within a few days I received an email requesting phone interview. I was excited because of the fast turn around on my application. Only indication was they were impressed with my resume. Phone interview came and it didn't start as expected. As soon as I answered the phone, the hiring manager I spoke with told me I had a certain amount of time for the interview. Shocked! She goes on to tell me whenever I'm ready I can begin. This even confused me more. As I now understand, I was to give a speech as to why I'd be a good candidate. Yes, that was to be the "phone interview". I gave my speech, finished and phone went silent for 30sec. I thought we got disconnected, only for me to say "hello" 3 times thats when the individual responded.
    She then proceeded to tell me if I have any questions for her. Still puzzled and confused at the direction the phone interview was taking, I asked her several questions I had written down. Shockingly enough, she told me I should refer to the job description. I was then told I have 10 mins to ask any other questions but I chose to end the interview. I thanked her for considering me. It was one of the strangest phone interview I've ever had.

Technology Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Universal Service Administrative Company (Washington, DC) in September 2017.

Interview

HR called and asked bunch questions. Did not provide specific guidelines on the answer so i was nice enough to provide background info and complete details. Heard through 3rd party the recruiter felt answers were too long. No mention about the content. Weird.

Interview Questions

• What was the most important thing you have done   1 Answer

Assistant Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Universal Service Administrative Company (Washington, DC) in July 2019.

Interview

First was a phone call from the hiring manager detailing the position and seeing if I was still interested in the company. The next step was inviting me to an interview with a panel of three team members

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you experienced communication issues and detail how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Assistant Program Analyst Interview

Interview

First was a phone interview with two hiring manager. Basically was talking about my experience on resume. Then I had a phone interview with the manager. Just received a interview day invitation. Not sure whether it is the last round or not