Universal Studios Attractions Attendant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Universal Studios Attractions Attendant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Hollywood, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview (15 min), then I came in for the in person. Asked to come early, but still had to wait 20 min. Asked to come back in two hours for second round.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to deal with a difficult guest   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Universal Studios

Attractions Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Universal Studios in December 2016.

Interview

I came in through the human resources building, went through security, filled out some paperwork and was told to sit and wait. Watched Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets while i waited. I was called within 10 minutes and taken to a cubicle. The interview was nice and easy, though the question that hurt my chances was am i willing to ride every ride in the park? Not a huge fan of coasters i said no. I'm not denied a position at universal yet, they are going to look to see if i can fit in at food and beverage services, and they told me to reapply in 90 days if i don't hear back from them. I wish i knew about the ride thing before i applied. If i don't hear back within 90 days i'm reapplying with a different job in mind

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

There was a waiting room with about 50 people waiting to be interviewed. They call you back for like 4 rounds of interviews, it takes like 6 hours. Everyone was very cordial, but the process is very long and drawn out. The people in the waiting room watched Captain America Winter Soldier and Jurassic World from start to finish before the interview process was over...at least the movies were good!

Interview Questions

• What makes you stand out from other applicants?   1 Answer

The pay was too low for my qualifications.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online in May 2016, I did not hear back from them until I emailed the staffing office almost a month later when I relocated to Orlando. Once I emailed the staffing office I was invited to come in to interview almost immediately. I was sent a link to schedule an appointment time to come in and the nearest available date was a week later. I came into the interview and was handed a pre-interview questionnaire, basically information already on your application. I was seated in a large room with other people waiting to interview, they were playing Harry Potter so I watched that while I waited. Once I was called back I went into a room full of cubicles. My interviewer was very nice and made me feel like we were long term friends. She asked me basic questions about my availability before going onto asking scenario questions. At the end of the interview she told me what the pay rate was and told me what ride was available at the moment, then she told me about the operations of the ride and asked if I was ok with doing that, when I said yes she offered me a position. Next step was doing the processing, where we went over the new hire paperwork, after that I went to another room to do my background check authorization and ID card picture.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to think outside the box to help a dissatisfied customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

recruiter was very nice and personal. not stressful at all. she asked me which location I wanted out of a whole list of them and i got what i wanted. recruiters are very flexible and if you mention another role while you are there and they like you you might get it

Interview Questions

• Say a situation where you had to resolve a guest situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, choose online when to come in for interview. Interviewed with a guy in a cubicle, it was one on one. Interview took about 10-15 minutes, the wait was about half an hour to an hour though. The interview was at the HR office, and the guy I interviewed with was extremely nice. He seemed to be looking for pretty basic things, basically to ensure that I wasn't insane and gave me the job on the spot. Even let me choose what attraction I wanted to work at.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions, like tell me about a time you had to deal with a dispute with someone, tell me about a time you had to deal with negative criticism, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through their online system, within 24 hours I received an email to set up an interview time. I made mine for 8:30 AM, and was interviewed inside a cubicle. There was an entire waiting room full of new hires/interviewees, and they were all very nice and friendly. The interview was very common, the usual questions that you'd expect from a behavioral interview. Give concise, intelligent answers and you'll do great!

After the interview, they will discuss possible areas that you can work in. I was offered Merchandising and Ticket Sales roles as well, but I chose Attractions as I wanted to do something different. Pay was $9/hour, which isn't great but is better than minimum wage.

The entire process took around 3 hours, and was very orderly and positive. They were very honest and upfront and encouraged me to ask questions and learn more about the position. I'm excited to start next week!

Also, orientation is paid! They didn't tell me this until an HR rep was going through paperwork with me. Super nice perk.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you made a mistake on the job, and how did you correct it?   1 Answer

Attractions Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Universal Studios.

Interview

Applied online, completed questionnaire screening (personality stuff), was asked to interview in person. At the interview, I sat down with an HR representative and was asked very basic situational questions. I was offered the job on the spot, and then we discussed where specifically I'd like to work. From there, I went on to filling out paperwork, making my ID, etc. so it's important to have all of the stuff you might need for that (birth certificate, drivers license) there with you!

Interview Questions

• If you saw someone trying to climb over a gate, what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Attractions Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Universal Studios in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online and less than two days later, got a call to come back for an interview that same Friday. Follow the directions given to you on how to get to Human Resources and you'll be good. Arrive 30 minutes before my appointment time (1:30) and waited in the lobby with a lot of other people, but yay, we got to watch Despicable Me! Got called in for my first interview at 1:45 and it was basic questions about my application and asked about my current job. I wasn't expected to be told I would be going through a 2nd interview in a matter of minutes! 20 minutes later, I was being interviewed by an attractions manager. He was REALLY nice and easy to talk to and asked more job related questions and showed interest in me. He asked questions to get an idea of where I would be comfortable working (indoors, outdoors, busy ride, less crowded ride ect). I was hired on the spot and then waited for 3 hours doing the whole hiring process with paperwork. Everyone was EXTREMELY nice and showed genuine care for all applicants! I went in really nervous and got comfortable quickly.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an angry guest?   2 Answers
    • Has there been a time where your job applied a new policy you weren't happy with?   Answer Question
    • What are your 5 favorite Universal rides?   Answer Question
    • Are you capable of working with a team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

You have to be formal with your resume and ready to fill a form. After that they call you and ask you some questions depending on what you apply for. If you have what they are looking for they send you to the picture area for your ID. 3 days later you pick up your ID and go to the training class that last for 2 days and then someone from the place you've been hire come pick you up to be train for the next day. When you start training it last for 4 days, take a test and after that you can be on your own.

Interview Questions

• What attraction do I like.   1 Answer