Universal Studios Food Cart Attendant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Food Cart Attendant Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Universal Studios in August 2011.

Interview

I filled up application online. The next day a recruiter from NBC called me and ask me If I am available for an interview. Just asked me questions like Is it true that you are available throughout the week? Do you have visible tattoos? and Why do you want to work for Universal?

Two days after, I went to my scheduled interview at 1245pm. The staff are really nice. We're 20 applicants that time and half of us are wearing formal like black slacks and blouse while others are very casual. They they took us downstairs for a Power Point presentation about Universal it took only 10 minutes. Then we are given papers that include Math Test with 10 items of course no calculators or cellphones allowed. You're only allowed to have like 2 mistakes. I got one mistake so they send me right away for 1:1 interview.

Questions are:
Why do you want for Universal Studios?
 Your experience in dealing with people?
Why we should hire you?
Do you have visible tattoos?

After that, the interviewer told me he won't asked me anything at all because I am a good candidate already. He told me to come back after 40 minutes for a group interview.

At the group interview we are placed into groups with 4 members each. On the other side of the room there's 3 to 5 managers observing all of us, on how we interact with each other. Then we have 3 tasks to complete:

1. We need to identify similarities we have in our group for 6 minutes
example: are "our first pet are all hamster", our favorite sports are soccer, our first job ever is customer service.
2. Then we are asked to draw our own park and explain what we have there we are given 8 minutes to complete it then after we need to present it to everyone and make sure that all of us participate in explaining what we draw in just 2 minutes.

3. We are given set of legos and we need to choose a leader and come up on the front to see the model then our leader can direct us how to build it, what color and size of the legos we need to use without him/her touching it and we are given 8 minutes to complete the task.

Then after that we are told to wait few minutes for the result. Then they called all male applicants except for one which I remember is a rehire. So it's only female applicants and 1 male in the room, then the managers came inside and greet us and told us that we are hired. So we are just given paper work and instructions such as wait an email within 48 hours and all we have to do is click that and then come back after 2 days for paper works

So the interview started at 1245pm and we finished at 430pm.

I just did my paper work last Tuesday and then the 24 th is the start of my orientation.

This is seasonal work by the way it will end by October or November. I am really happy for getting the job, but I wish it's not Seasonal

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. 8.60/ an hour. Free lunch. But wee need to pay union one time fee of $96.00 and there is a monthly deduction of $46.50 to our salary