Universal Studios Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Universal Studios Interview Questions

Updated Dec 2, 2016

2.7

Attractions Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Universal Studios in December 2016.

Interview

I came in through the human resources building, went through security, filled out some paperwork and was told to sit and wait. Watched Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets while i waited. I was called within 10 minutes and taken to a cubicle. The interview was nice and easy, though the question that hurt my chances was am i willing to ride every ride in the park? Not a huge fan of coasters i said no. I'm not denied a position at universal yet, they are going to look to see if i can fit in at food and beverage services, and they told me to reapply in 90 days if i don't hear back from them. I wish i knew about the ride thing before i applied. If i don't hear back within 90 days i'm reapplying with a different job in mind

Seasonal Ride Operator/Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Universal City, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was very professional but welcoming and friendly, not stressful.
    About your career, background and a lot about you and your wishes.
    Not lot of time waiting, math test very easy, just in case you apply for cashier.
    It is a one to one interview, about 15 minutes.
    They ask you some questions about Univwrsal, just one in fact the date of the creation of the studios, and your favorite attraction, why do you like Universal company and why do you want to work for them.

Interview Questions

• Question about the date of the creation of universal studios and my favorite universal film   1 Answer

Market Research Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward. They asked me my previous experience related with the role. Job reqiurements are standing for long hours and good written and verbal communication skills because you will conduct lots of surveys with people throughout the day. Shifts starts really early( like 6 am) and finishes really late (like 2 am) . So you should have a car and live close by. In the end they test your typing skills which was really easy too.

Vacation Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got an email to schedule an interview the very next day. I scheduled my interview for the HR office and waited about an hour to be called for my 1-1 interview.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work for Universal Studios. Afterwards, unfortunately I didn't get a chance to continue because I have a small wrist tattoo.   1 Answer

Ride Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Burbank, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Completed a simple math test, then sat and waited for about 40 minutes. All of the aides in the waiting room were very pleasant and helpful. However the man who interviewed me was clearly having a rough day and made no effort to hide it. After about 5 minutes of questions, only one of which was related to work experience, he told me I wouldn't be right for the position because I barely smiled throughout the interview. I thought he was trying to joke, because I had been smiling the entire time. He told me I could reapply in a few months if I really wanted the position. It was an extremely simple interview for an unskilled minimum wage position and there is no real reason why I didn't at the very least made it to the next phase of the interview process. If the interviewers can't handle the amount of interviews they have to conduct then they shouldn't have accepted their position.

Director Marketing, E-Commerce Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

My first interview was with HR and was your pretty basic HR interview. A lot of touchy-feely questions, but little to do with the actual job. Once past that, I had a phone call with the hiring manager who gave several indications that he liked my background.

I was then scheduled to fly in for a round of interviews about two weeks later. They scheduled 11 interviews for me that day, and about halfway through the process I had lunch with the hiring manager and his boss. The conversation seemed to go well, the hiring manager pulled me aside and said "Now you can relax, from here on out you'll just be meeting the people you'll be working with and getting to know them". Each of the interviewers made comments along the lines of "you're the best candidate we've seen", "I hope you get the job", "you have a great background", "you're over-qualified", etc.

Then I never heard back from them. No "thanks for coming out, but..." or "we decided to go in a different direction" or anything. I did not reach out to them to find out why as I accepted a different position about a week later, but I still can't believe they didn't even bother following up.

Interview Questions

• From HR: "Tell me something you did that you wished you hadn't"   1 Answer

Retail Sales Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Studio City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Studio City, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online. One month after, they send me an e-mail and I had to choose the day for the personal interview. I went to the interview, there were a lot of people in the lobby waiting for being interviewee. When I just came the frontal clerk gave me a form and I had to fill out, then he gave me a math test (It was easy) and after 30 minutes of waiting, I finally were interviewed. The interviewer was a girl, really friendly. She asked me about my experience, my goals and why I want to work for Universal. It was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in Universal Studios amusement park?
      Why are you interesting in working for Universal Studios?
      Do you like to work as a group?
      Described a stress time in the past and how you cope it.
      Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Hollywood, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Checked in early and filled out availability form, took simple math test and waited 20 minutes for my name to be called. What turned out to be an interview that lasted less than a minute.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any visible tattoos I should know about. (Having read the guidelines, one was allowed if not offensive)   1 Answer

Park Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

the process didn't take too long , the questions were a bit hard but my interviewer made me feel comfortable within the process of asking me questions . Theybkeep it professional with you and allow you to ask questions if confused with something

Web Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

To be honest, it was one of the most disorganized experiences of my life. Within a very short period of time I was able to surmise that the managers had no idea what they were looking for in terms of an IT skill set. I was interviewed in person no less than 4 times and rejected. They were very confused about the scope of the project and I personally believe that a manager should have some sort of clue regarding projected work processes. On the final interview, a Marketing manager and an overwrought developer participated in the interview. The developer was very not exactly what I would call an optimist.

Interview Questions

• They didn't really ask me anything just rambled on about themselves and the importance of knowing WordPress. They even went so far as to insinuate that I didn't know it.   1 Answer
Employer Interview Review Title Location Interview Question
Universal Studios Attractions Attendant Interview Are you comfortable riding every ride in the park?
Universal Studios Seasonal Ride Operator/Attendant Interview Universal City, CA Question about the date of the creation of universal studios and my favorite universal film
Universal Studios Market Research Interviewer Interview Los Angeles, CA Are you comfortable with talking and approaching to people?
Universal Studios Market Research Interviewer Interview Los Angeles, CA how fast can you type?
Universal Studios Vacation Planner Interview Orlando, FL Why I wanted to work for Universal Studios. Afterwards, unfortunately I didn't get a chance to continue because I have a small wrist tattoo.
Universal Studios Ride Operator Interview Burbank, CA What is your favorite movie?
Universal Studios Director Marketing, E-Commerce Interview Orlando, FL From HR: "Tell me something you did that you wished you hadn't"
Universal Studios Retail Sales Clerk Interview Studio City, CA Have you ever been in Universal Studios amusement park? Why are you interesting in working for Universal Studios? Do you like to work as a group? Described a stress time in the past and how you cope it.
Universal Studios Retail Sales Associate Interview Hollywood, CA Do you have any visible tattoos I should know about. (Having read the guidelines, one was allowed if not offensive)
Universal Studios Park Host Interview Orlando, FL Why universal
Universal Studios Web Producer Interview Orlando, FL They didn't really ask me anything just rambled on about themselves and the importance of knowing WordPress. They even went so far as to insinuate that I didn't know it.