Universal Studios Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 11, 2017

2.3

270 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Driver Interview

Interview

I have been a personal Driver for 4 years
    Driving celebrities, high end corporate CEO’s
    Drive owner of LA Car Connection and his family
    I would love to have at least the opportunity to have an interview
    I’m also very dependable, always on time
    Hope to here from you even if it’s a no
    You will love me, I can guarantee you that

Robert

Interview Questions

• How long have you lived in Los Angeles   1 Answer

Front Gate Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Universal Studios.

Interview

They give me a form to choose jobs I was interested in and what hours I was available (was I just wasting my time completing the online application?) Then I sat in a small room full of people who are watching the TV, one TV was broken. I was dressed in business casual as others were also but there were some people were dressed in sweatpants. Some people were called in groups, some were called alone. I was called alone. I was told by the recruiter the (3) jobs I applied for were not available in FT or PT or SEASONAL but she may have other positions. She said you do not get any benefits for seasonal, pay for all jobs are $10/hr. She said it is very rare to hire for FT positions, so I thought we were going to discuss PT permanent positions, but actually, we were discussing PT SEASONAL. I specifically said on my application that I would NOT be interested in any jobs unless it was full time, yet they called me in for an interview anyway! We discussed SEASONAL positions that I wasn't interested in. By the end of the interview, I was a little upset, because I felt I had been a victim of the old "Bait & Switch" tactic. Yes, everyone was nice, but nice doesn't pay the bills. A lot of wasted time, why didn't someone just call me and tell me the positions were no longer available? I suppose they think people are so desperate they will take anything. She said if they had any openings in the Front Gate Operations she said she would let me know and if I didn't hear from them to apply again in 90 days. She only asked me 2 interview questions.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Universal Studios.

Interview

Phone interview. Asked the usual questions you typically get at an interview. Make sure to sound peppy and energetic. Will give you a call back if you got the job.

Scare Actor Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Universal Studios (West Hollywood, CA).

Interview

Audition & Interview, required endurance & stamina, energy, character commitment, & passion. Audition for your role, if selected you went through another audition and interview, then they take your measurements. It was fun! Practice Animating & Stamina.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Clerk/Ride Operator for Harry Potter World Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Universal City, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

(Leaving gender out from interviewer to keep them anonymous)

In 1st interview, interviewer called a couple minutes early which was fine and asked whether I was ready even though s/he called early (I was). S/he first started off with asking about my availability, then went into the appearance guidelines (do I have a tattoo, natural hair coloring, etc), then asked me about what I do in my current job, why I wanted to work at Universal, what was my favorite ride at Universal, and if I had any questions. As long as you sound upbeat and confident and have a draft of how you might answer (don’t read from them!) you should be fine for the phone interview.

In 2nd inteview, I arrived 15 min early as said in my email, where I waited about 10 min until the receptionist guided me to the other office where I waited another 10-15 min where I watched “Scott Pilgrim vs. the World” with other people waiting to be interviewed.

Then I was taken to the next room where a few others were being interviewed in (like closed in booths so you can’t hear anyone else). The interviewer first asked me about my availability and whether I had tattoos like in the first interview. Then we talked about guest service questions then moved on to relatively easy Harry Potter questions (as long as you watch all the movies and read all the books). Then s/he proceeded to tell me that the position I wanted (retail at HP World) was all filled but presented me different options (Starbucks in USH or ride operator in HP World) so I chose the ride operator because it was Harry Potter World or bust for my case. S/he had me reschedule for another interview that same day three hours later.

In the third interview, it was basically the same process. They just asked a few more in-depth questions like whether I’ve been to Universal, etc. After 10 minutes it was done. I assumed I didn’t get the job because apparently you are offered the job right after and that it didn’t happen.

I advise you choose an interview date and time to the earliest date after your phone interview because they filled all of the positions for retail clerk at HP World two days before I was even going to interview which is why I had interviewed for the ride operator position.

Market Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

After you go through security, you wait in a large room until you're called. The interview itself took 10 minutes and I was offered a different job at the end.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you did something wrong and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Aquatics Lifeguard Interview

Application

Interview

Th interview process was very organized and well processed. I had to have two interviews, one interview consisted on questions and skills and basically decided if i would be moved on to a 2nd interview, the 2nd interview was just going on availibility and comfort with the lifeguard position where I was congradulated on my positiona nd were given steps to attend a lifeguard test, a week later i had taken the lifegaurd est and passed where i was told i had to come back to dinishing my hring process and then sceduled foe paid training.

Aquatics Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

Filled out the online application, Took a few weeks to get an invitation to attend an interview at the HR building. You'll check in with security then proceed to wait in the main room for 20-30 minutes with other candidates. Everyone was friendly and helpful. After being interviewed I was offered the position and was told to come back in two weeks to complete the Red Cross swim tests. (Brick, Laps, Treading). After completion of said tests I was invited back to complete my paperwork and availability. I was scheduled to attend orientations and training. You will also go through a background check while you're there.

Senior Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Universal Studios.

Interview

Got an email stating they'd like to interview. I set up a time for the following week. HR called hours before the agreed time and said she over scheduled. Set up a new time for several days later only to have her miss that interview too. Very inconsiderate and unorganized. Had to follow up via email and phone and when I finally connected I was blown off. Very disappointing.

Food Cart Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email the next day asking if I could book a time and day for a phone interview, which I booked for two days later. The interviewer called me exactly 15 minutes before the scheduled time (which the emailed warned of) and lasted only about five minutes. He asked me some basic questions like availability, "why do you want to work at Universal", and a situational question, then offered me a second, in-person interview. I received an email within a minute giving me and appointment time for less than a week later at the Talent Office at USH. On that day, I walked into the Talent Office about 15 minutes early and signed an availability confirmation form, then sat down with some other applicants for less than five minutes. Then the guy called about three of us and took us to another waiting room, where we discovered we were each interviewing for different jobs. We each got called up individually within 10 minutes to three separate interviewers. The last that interviewed me was very nice, asked me general questions and then moved onto situational questions. Then she told me about a few different jobs that she thought I would work really well in and had me choose a first and second choice, then she said she really liked my application and would hire me on the spot if she could, and that she would call me in a week and let me now if I officially got the job. The interview itself was about 15-20 minutes and really easy.