Universal Studios Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.3

Attractions Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Hollywood, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview (15 min), then I came in for the in person. Asked to come early, but still had to wait 20 min. Asked to come back in two hours for second round.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to deal with a difficult guest   1 Answer

Audio Technician Interview

Interview

Its very easy and lay back interview to go to not so many questions and the let me.know right away if got the position or not and sent me.to the hr department right away and told me.when the.orientation would be

Food Stand Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Studio City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Studio City, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied at Universal Studios Hollywood on February 27, 2017 for a entry level position online and I got an e-mail in a few hours asking me to schedule a phone interview, so I took a time for the next day. on the 28th they called me at 3:45pm exactly at the time I chose and had a 10 min. interview which was mostly verifying the information I put in my application and other questions about work experience and so on. after the phone interview I was told that they wanted to come in for an in-person interview, so I choose the very next day at 11am March 1st and long story short, after the in-person interview, I got the job and now I start orientation in 15 days. the whole process took 3 days.

Everyone was super nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe good customer service and extraordinary customer service?   Answer Question

Greeter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Universal Studios.

Interview

The process comprised of several interviews. The interviews were brief but to the point. The questions were getting to know me and if I knew information about Universal. The process was simple.

Attractions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Arrive at a big lobby area where you are greeted by security and must fill out a quick form that checks you in. Then, you are seated with 50+ people and wait until your name is called (similar to a DMV). Once your name is called, you are taken into a small room with many cubicles of other people being interviewed. During the interview, you decide which position you'd like to participate in. If they like you, you will be granted a second same-day interview with the specified positions manager. After passing the second interview, you will be taken into processing, which verifies proof of work. Then, you are given a Universal Studios folder stating your 3 or more orientation dates.

Ride Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Before the interview, I applied online for a much different position than the one I was later offered. I received an e-mail about 2-3 weeks after applying that the position I had applied for was full or that I did not fully complete the requirements but since I had checked I was interested in other positions they still want me to visit their Human Resources office for an interview. So I scheduled the appointment, for two weeks later. Make sure you bring two forms of identification for your interview (preferably SSN and Driver's license OR passport). You enter, pass through a small security, get a questionnaire (one page, in which you fill out whether you have tattoos or not, what pay are you looking for, what other positions would you like: attractions, food attendant, security, admission... ), you sit for about 20minutes until called and watch the movie they play. I was interviewed by a very nice guy who made me feel hired already even before starting to question me. I told him I was interested in the attractions and he asked me if I wanted to be part of the Harry Potter World, then proceeded to ask me about five questions about it. (I was so nervous, I faltered in a few). He offered the position after 10minutes in and then told me to wait for the orientation schedule and the background check (around 40mins) . The whole process took about 2 hours, so it was pretty long but overall I felt comfortable and they were playing The Avengers. There are three orientation sessions for me (pretty long, about 5hrs+ each) and a class about Harry Potter next month(hopefully its fun).

Interview Questions

• Are you a fan of Harry Potter?   Answer Question
    • Why did Harry Potter faint in the train?   1 Answer
    • Who killed Sirius Black?   1 Answer
    • Name the vault in which the Sorcerer's Stone was found   Answer Question
    • Mention other Weasley's aside from Ron   1 Answer
    • Have you ever made mistakes in previous jobs? If so, how?   Answer Question
    • What was the job you liked the most and why?   Answer Question
    • Are you okay working night shifts, weekends and holidays?   1 Answer

Dresser Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

manager came in. Described the job to me and asked if it sounded ok. She asked if I was able to work late nights and when I said yes, she offered it to me on the spot 'cause hey! high-turn over rates there.

Patio Host Interview

Interview

I applied online and was called back within a couple days, they set up an interview appointment for the next day. They used to have group interviews but I was happy to see that wasn't the case anymore as I feel I never do well in that type of environment right off the bat. I showed up for a one on one interview and sat in a waiting room for ten minutes. They gave me a 20 question math test and there was one other person also waiting to be interviewed. (The test was easy, even for a person like me that hates math.) The interviewer brought me into a room right next to where I was waiting and he was very warm and comforting which helped my nerves. The questions were pretty simple, a lot of questions about yourself and how you've handled complicated situations and people in your life. All in all the interview only lasted maybe 15 minutes and not a single question stumped me. I got called back a week later with a job offer. The true hard part of the hiring process was the week long (paid) training process where you are still actually being considered for employment. First you go to general orientation where they introduce you to their basic principles and let you participate in team building games. Then you do a job specific orientation (both are in classroom settings) then you go on to the long days where they take you around every area of the park. For parks services we need to know every inch of the park and need to be able to direct every guest where they need to go. We rotate all the time so we also need to be familiar with every station. Then after all of that is over you have take a 100+ question test during the third and final orientation, and yes it's possible to fail and have your job offer revoked. So pay attention and make sure you know all of the attractions an bathrooms

Interview Questions

• How does your major apply to your job here at Universal?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They gave me a list of jobs available and I was able to get the one I wanted. The hourly wage is nonnegotiable. More money comes with seniority.

Attractions Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Universal Studios in December 2016.

Interview

I came in through the human resources building, went through security, filled out some paperwork and was told to sit and wait. Watched Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets while i waited. I was called within 10 minutes and taken to a cubicle. The interview was nice and easy, though the question that hurt my chances was am i willing to ride every ride in the park? Not a huge fan of coasters i said no. I'm not denied a position at universal yet, they are going to look to see if i can fit in at food and beverage services, and they told me to reapply in 90 days if i don't hear back from them. I wish i knew about the ride thing before i applied. If i don't hear back within 90 days i'm reapplying with a different job in mind

Costume Dresser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Universal City, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Super easy interview, just be really bubbly and happy! I had two guys interview me and they made it feel like we were all old friends. The sewing test is more of an assessment and my interviewers told me that it wasn't the end all be all of getting the job. Just make sure to brush up on hand stitching buttons and hooks, and get familiar with blind hems and sewing zippers!