Universal Studios Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 19, 2018

2.3

Aquatics Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

Filled out the online application, Took a few weeks to get an invitation to attend an interview at the HR building. You'll check in with security then proceed to wait in the main room for 20-30 minutes with other candidates. Everyone was friendly and helpful. After being interviewed I was offered the position and was told to come back in two weeks to complete the Red Cross swim tests. (Brick, Laps, Treading). After completion of said tests I was invited back to complete my paperwork and availability. I was scheduled to attend orientations and training. You will also go through a background check while you're there.

Senior Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Universal Studios.

Interview

Got an email stating they'd like to interview. I set up a time for the following week. HR called hours before the agreed time and said she over scheduled. Set up a new time for several days later only to have her miss that interview too. Very inconsiderate and unorganized. Had to follow up via email and phone and when I finally connected I was blown off. Very disappointing.

Food Cart Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email the next day asking if I could book a time and day for a phone interview, which I booked for two days later. The interviewer called me exactly 15 minutes before the scheduled time (which the emailed warned of) and lasted only about five minutes. He asked me some basic questions like availability, "why do you want to work at Universal", and a situational question, then offered me a second, in-person interview. I received an email within a minute giving me and appointment time for less than a week later at the Talent Office at USH. On that day, I walked into the Talent Office about 15 minutes early and signed an availability confirmation form, then sat down with some other applicants for less than five minutes. Then the guy called about three of us and took us to another waiting room, where we discovered we were each interviewing for different jobs. We each got called up individually within 10 minutes to three separate interviewers. The last that interviewed me was very nice, asked me general questions and then moved onto situational questions. Then she told me about a few different jobs that she thought I would work really well in and had me choose a first and second choice, then she said she really liked my application and would hire me on the spot if she could, and that she would call me in a week and let me now if I officially got the job. The interview itself was about 15-20 minutes and really easy.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Hollywood, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

After submitting an application, you schedule a phone interview. If they are interested they have you come into the talent office to have a one on one interview. The cubical is very small and tight so expect to be up close with the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to guarantee guests a good experience?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle a rude guest?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever visited the park before?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you had to use time management skills.   Answer Question

Attractions Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Once application was accepted a small group of applicants, roughly 10 people, were interviewed as a group with the hiring personnel. After group interview was conducted we were offered positions in a one-on-one secondary interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work nights and weekends?   1 Answer

Market Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Universal Studios (North Hollywood, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

You check in and wait to be interviewed. They are pretty organized about it. They said I was very qualified so they offered me the position as soon as the interview ended.

Patio Host Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Universal Studios.

Interview

The interview was really simple. You go in and they call you into the interview rooms. My interviewer was really nice and welcoming. Simple questions asked like why do you wanna work here, how would you make the experience better for guests, how would you deal with a coworker who is always late, etc.

Interview Questions

• How would you make the park experience better for guests?   Answer Question

Attractions Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL).

Interview

The interview process was really fast and easy, just some basic questions. Overall it was very easy and the person was very nice. i didn't get what i had applied for but he offered me another opening they had and i said yes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you're good for the roll?   1 Answer

Food Stand Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Universal Studios (North Hollywood, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and summited at least three different applications all under "Entry level position" for the summer. The next day i got a email invitation for a phone interview, i scheduled for the next few days. The phone interview went really well, the interviewer was really nice and she asks about your verification on your application and resume then ask a few interview questions and it only took 10-15 minutes. I got invited for an second interview at their office, they send you a email that includes directions, what documentation they needed, and need to wear business casual outfit. When i got there i came 15-20 minutes early (my appt. was @ 9:30 am), the front desk lady hands you a availability sheet and there is a tv where you can watch previews of movies and tv shows. After about 15 more minutes they call your name and take you outside their balcony where other interviewers and applicants are being interviewed. During the interview they basically ask you the same questions you answered during the phone interview, they talk about your availability and if offered the job, they give you a variety of what positions you would like to work in, i choose food attendant and got the job! The interview took 10-15 minutes and the interviewer was kind and sweet. :)

Costume Skilled Craft Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Universal City, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was pretty simple, we talked about my resume and then she asked what my strengths were. Most of the time we talked about what all the job entails. She was very nice and friendly. I brought in work that I had done, and she looked over it. Then I did the sewing test, which was a lapped zipper, and a half bodice with neck facing and hand sewn sleeve hem. The sewing test was timed and unfortunately I didn't watch the clock and therefore did not complete it in time.