Universal Studios Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 26, 2017

2.3

Ride Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Before the interview, I applied online for a much different position than the one I was later offered. I received an e-mail about 2-3 weeks after applying that the position I had applied for was full or that I did not fully complete the requirements but since I had checked I was interested in other positions they still want me to visit their Human Resources office for an interview. So I scheduled the appointment, for two weeks later. Make sure you bring two forms of identification for your interview (preferably SSN and Driver's license OR passport). You enter, pass through a small security, get a questionnaire (one page, in which you fill out whether you have tattoos or not, what pay are you looking for, what other positions would you like: attractions, food attendant, security, admission... ), you sit for about 20minutes until called and watch the movie they play. I was interviewed by a very nice guy who made me feel hired already even before starting to question me. I told him I was interested in the attractions and he asked me if I wanted to be part of the Harry Potter World, then proceeded to ask me about five questions about it. (I was so nervous, I faltered in a few). He offered the position after 10minutes in and then told me to wait for the orientation schedule and the background check (around 40mins) . The whole process took about 2 hours, so it was pretty long but overall I felt comfortable and they were playing The Avengers. There are three orientation sessions for me (pretty long, about 5hrs+ each) and a class about Harry Potter next month(hopefully its fun).

Interview Questions

• Are you a fan of Harry Potter?   Answer Question
    • Why did Harry Potter faint in the train?   1 Answer
    • Who killed Sirius Black?   1 Answer
    • Name the vault in which the Sorcerer's Stone was found   Answer Question
    • Mention other Weasley's aside from Ron   1 Answer
    • Have you ever made mistakes in previous jobs? If so, how?   Answer Question
    • What was the job you liked the most and why?   Answer Question
    • Are you okay working night shifts, weekends and holidays?   1 Answer

Dresser Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

manager came in. Described the job to me and asked if it sounded ok. She asked if I was able to work late nights and when I said yes, she offered it to me on the spot 'cause hey! high-turn over rates there.

Patio Host Interview

Interview

I applied online and was called back within a couple days, they set up an interview appointment for the next day. They used to have group interviews but I was happy to see that wasn't the case anymore as I feel I never do well in that type of environment right off the bat. I showed up for a one on one interview and sat in a waiting room for ten minutes. They gave me a 20 question math test and there was one other person also waiting to be interviewed. (The test was easy, even for a person like me that hates math.) The interviewer brought me into a room right next to where I was waiting and he was very warm and comforting which helped my nerves. The questions were pretty simple, a lot of questions about yourself and how you've handled complicated situations and people in your life. All in all the interview only lasted maybe 15 minutes and not a single question stumped me. I got called back a week later with a job offer. The true hard part of the hiring process was the week long (paid) training process where you are still actually being considered for employment. First you go to general orientation where they introduce you to their basic principles and let you participate in team building games. Then you do a job specific orientation (both are in classroom settings) then you go on to the long days where they take you around every area of the park. For parks services we need to know every inch of the park and need to be able to direct every guest where they need to go. We rotate all the time so we also need to be familiar with every station. Then after all of that is over you have take a 100+ question test during the third and final orientation, and yes it's possible to fail and have your job offer revoked. So pay attention and make sure you know all of the attractions an bathrooms

Interview Questions

• How does your major apply to your job here at Universal?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They gave me a list of jobs available and I was able to get the one I wanted. The hourly wage is nonnegotiable. More money comes with seniority.

Attractions Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Universal Studios in December 2016.

Interview

I came in through the human resources building, went through security, filled out some paperwork and was told to sit and wait. Watched Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets while i waited. I was called within 10 minutes and taken to a cubicle. The interview was nice and easy, though the question that hurt my chances was am i willing to ride every ride in the park? Not a huge fan of coasters i said no. I'm not denied a position at universal yet, they are going to look to see if i can fit in at food and beverage services, and they told me to reapply in 90 days if i don't hear back from them. I wish i knew about the ride thing before i applied. If i don't hear back within 90 days i'm reapplying with a different job in mind

Costume Dresser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Universal City, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Super easy interview, just be really bubbly and happy! I had two guys interview me and they made it feel like we were all old friends. The sewing test is more of an assessment and my interviewers told me that it wasn't the end all be all of getting the job. Just make sure to brush up on hand stitching buttons and hooks, and get familiar with blind hems and sewing zippers!

Ride Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL).

Interview

They talk to you over the phone asking some questions just to get a feel for who you are and why you want to work for universal. If they wish to move forward they send an email to you with a link to choose a scheduled interview time that works for you. When you come to your interview you wait in a room with a bunch of other candidates watching whatever movie they have on till they call your name. The interviewer will ask you questions based on your previous jobs that relate to the position you applied for and depending on how you answer will let you know right away whether or not you got the job. After that they finger print you for background check purposes and take a picture of you to print out your employee ID.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example when you had to assist an irate customer and were unable to help them with their initial complaint. What did you do ?   Answer Question

Seasonal Ride Operator/Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Universal City, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was very professional but welcoming and friendly, not stressful.
    About your career, background and a lot about you and your wishes.
    Not lot of time waiting, math test very easy, just in case you apply for cashier.
    It is a one to one interview, about 15 minutes.
    They ask you some questions about Univwrsal, just one in fact the date of the creation of the studios, and your favorite attraction, why do you like Universal company and why do you want to work for them.

Interview Questions

• Question about the date of the creation of universal studios and my favorite universal film   1 Answer

HHN Show Attendant Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Universal Studios.

Interview

It was fast and easy. The process was about 5 days. Straight forward interview. The waiting room was nice and the people were very friendly and positive. One of the best interview experiences I've had.

Assistant Film Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Universal City, CA).

Interview

I interviewed with the main editor on a feature film, therefore I was not intetviewed by an Universal Studio employee. We were both hired by the production company, which was hired by Universal Studio. It went well, obviously, as I was hired that same day.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Begins with an open call, separating new from past employees. After the initial audition, you're given instructions (golden ticket) on the next phase, that involve extensive paperwork, a hearing test, background check and orientation.

Interview Questions

• About availability for the scheduled performances   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, but there is an orientation phase in which you're required to submit to several tests, mostly to see if you're physically fit and able to perform as specific characters they cast you as.