Universal Studios Interview Questions in Orlando, FL | Glassdoor

Universal Studios Interview Questions in Orlando, FL

Updated Jun 13, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Once application was accepted a small group of applicants, roughly 10 people, were interviewed as a group with the hiring personnel. After group interview was conducted we were offered positions in a one-on-one secondary interview.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL).

Interview

The interview process was really fast and easy, just some basic questions. Overall it was very easy and the person was very nice. i didn't get what i had applied for but he offered me another opening they had and i said yes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you're good for the roll?   1 Answer

Attractions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Arrive at a big lobby area where you are greeted by security and must fill out a quick form that checks you in. Then, you are seated with 50+ people and wait until your name is called (similar to a DMV). Once your name is called, you are taken into a small room with many cubicles of other people being interviewed. During the interview, you decide which position you'd like to participate in. If they like you, you will be granted a second same-day interview with the specified positions manager. After passing the second interview, you will be taken into processing, which verifies proof of work. Then, you are given a Universal Studios folder stating your 3 or more orientation dates.

Ride Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Before the interview, I applied online for a much different position than the one I was later offered. I received an e-mail about 2-3 weeks after applying that the position I had applied for was full or that I did not fully complete the requirements but since I had checked I was interested in other positions they still want me to visit their Human Resources office for an interview. So I scheduled the appointment, for two weeks later. Make sure you bring two forms of identification for your interview (preferably SSN and Driver's license OR passport). You enter, pass through a small security, get a questionnaire (one page, in which you fill out whether you have tattoos or not, what pay are you looking for, what other positions would you like: attractions, food attendant, security, admission... ), you sit for about 20minutes until called and watch the movie they play. I was interviewed by a very nice guy who made me feel hired already even before starting to question me. I told him I was interested in the attractions and he asked me if I wanted to be part of the Harry Potter World, then proceeded to ask me about five questions about it. (I was so nervous, I faltered in a few). He offered the position after 10minutes in and then told me to wait for the orientation schedule and the background check (around 40mins) . The whole process took about 2 hours, so it was pretty long but overall I felt comfortable and they were playing The Avengers. There are three orientation sessions for me (pretty long, about 5hrs+ each) and a class about Harry Potter next month(hopefully its fun).

Interview Questions

• Are you a fan of Harry Potter?   Answer Question
    • Why did Harry Potter faint in the train?   1 Answer
    • Who killed Sirius Black?   1 Answer
    • Name the vault in which the Sorcerer's Stone was found   Answer Question
    • Mention other Weasley's aside from Ron   1 Answer
    • Have you ever made mistakes in previous jobs? If so, how?   Answer Question
    • What was the job you liked the most and why?   Answer Question
    • Are you okay working night shifts, weekends and holidays?   1 Answer

Ride Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL).

Interview

They talk to you over the phone asking some questions just to get a feel for who you are and why you want to work for universal. If they wish to move forward they send an email to you with a link to choose a scheduled interview time that works for you. When you come to your interview you wait in a room with a bunch of other candidates watching whatever movie they have on till they call your name. The interviewer will ask you questions based on your previous jobs that relate to the position you applied for and depending on how you answer will let you know right away whether or not you got the job. After that they finger print you for background check purposes and take a picture of you to print out your employee ID.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example when you had to assist an irate customer and were unable to help them with their initial complaint. What did you do ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

There was a waiting room with about 50 people waiting to be interviewed. They call you back for like 4 rounds of interviews, it takes like 6 hours. Everyone was very cordial, but the process is very long and drawn out. The people in the waiting room watched Captain America Winter Soldier and Jurassic World from start to finish before the interview process was over...at least the movies were good!

Interview Questions

• What makes you stand out from other applicants?   1 Answer

The pay was too low for my qualifications.

Guest Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

I went in for a turn style agent . Walked out with a 2nd interview for GS. Daniel i believe his name was ,was a sweet heart very comfortable and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Has there been a time where you had a difficult guest ,what was the reason and how did you resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Halloween Horror Nights - Scareactor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

Given a number and taken a picture of. We sit and fill out information, then they take some into a bigger room. 30 are called to go in the casting. We stand in lines and answer a question to the directors, then waited outside for about 20 minutes until they came out and called for specific numbers.

Interview Questions

• Who is your favorite horror movie villan?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL).

Interview

The hiring process and interview process was pretty easy. Usually at universal depending on what you apply for they hire you on the spot and if they do they have you stay to fill out some papers and take your photo id. Some other job offers however have to come in for a second job interview.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a difficult time you had to overcome?

Why should we hire you?

Describe a time working in a group and someone didn't do their part of the project.
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online in May 2016, I did not hear back from them until I emailed the staffing office almost a month later when I relocated to Orlando. Once I emailed the staffing office I was invited to come in to interview almost immediately. I was sent a link to schedule an appointment time to come in and the nearest available date was a week later. I came into the interview and was handed a pre-interview questionnaire, basically information already on your application. I was seated in a large room with other people waiting to interview, they were playing Harry Potter so I watched that while I waited. Once I was called back I went into a room full of cubicles. My interviewer was very nice and made me feel like we were long term friends. She asked me basic questions about my availability before going onto asking scenario questions. At the end of the interview she told me what the pay rate was and told me what ride was available at the moment, then she told me about the operations of the ride and asked if I was ok with doing that, when I said yes she offered me a position. Next step was doing the processing, where we went over the new hire paperwork, after that I went to another room to do my background check authorization and ID card picture.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to think outside the box to help a dissatisfied customer?   Answer Question