Universal Studios Interview Questions in Orlando, FL | Glassdoor

2.3

101 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Market Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

After you go through security, you wait in a large room until you're called. The interview itself took 10 minutes and I was offered a different job at the end.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you did something wrong and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Aquatics Lifeguard Interview

Application

Interview

Th interview process was very organized and well processed. I had to have two interviews, one interview consisted on questions and skills and basically decided if i would be moved on to a 2nd interview, the 2nd interview was just going on availibility and comfort with the lifeguard position where I was congradulated on my positiona nd were given steps to attend a lifeguard test, a week later i had taken the lifegaurd est and passed where i was told i had to come back to dinishing my hring process and then sceduled foe paid training.

Aquatics Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

Filled out the online application, Took a few weeks to get an invitation to attend an interview at the HR building. You'll check in with security then proceed to wait in the main room for 20-30 minutes with other candidates. Everyone was friendly and helpful. After being interviewed I was offered the position and was told to come back in two weeks to complete the Red Cross swim tests. (Brick, Laps, Treading). After completion of said tests I was invited back to complete my paperwork and availability. I was scheduled to attend orientations and training. You will also go through a background check while you're there.

Attractions Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Once application was accepted a small group of applicants, roughly 10 people, were interviewed as a group with the hiring personnel. After group interview was conducted we were offered positions in a one-on-one secondary interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work nights and weekends?   1 Answer

Attractions Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL).

Interview

The interview process was really fast and easy, just some basic questions. Overall it was very easy and the person was very nice. i didn't get what i had applied for but he offered me another opening they had and i said yes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you're good for the roll?   1 Answer

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Almost 4 hours long but organized, they had you do 2 face to face interviews one with HR and if you make the next step, 2nd with the hiring manager of your department.

Interview Questions

• What did you like about your previous job?   1 Answer

Attractions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Arrive at a big lobby area where you are greeted by security and must fill out a quick form that checks you in. Then, you are seated with 50+ people and wait until your name is called (similar to a DMV). Once your name is called, you are taken into a small room with many cubicles of other people being interviewed. During the interview, you decide which position you'd like to participate in. If they like you, you will be granted a second same-day interview with the specified positions manager. After passing the second interview, you will be taken into processing, which verifies proof of work. Then, you are given a Universal Studios folder stating your 3 or more orientation dates.

Ride Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Before the interview, I applied online for a much different position than the one I was later offered. I received an e-mail about 2-3 weeks after applying that the position I had applied for was full or that I did not fully complete the requirements but since I had checked I was interested in other positions they still want me to visit their Human Resources office for an interview. So I scheduled the appointment, for two weeks later. Make sure you bring two forms of identification for your interview (preferably SSN and Driver's license OR passport). You enter, pass through a small security, get a questionnaire (one page, in which you fill out whether you have tattoos or not, what pay are you looking for, what other positions would you like: attractions, food attendant, security, admission... ), you sit for about 20minutes until called and watch the movie they play. I was interviewed by a very nice guy who made me feel hired already even before starting to question me. I told him I was interested in the attractions and he asked me if I wanted to be part of the Harry Potter World, then proceeded to ask me about five questions about it. (I was so nervous, I faltered in a few). He offered the position after 10minutes in and then told me to wait for the orientation schedule and the background check (around 40mins) . The whole process took about 2 hours, so it was pretty long but overall I felt comfortable and they were playing The Avengers. There are three orientation sessions for me (pretty long, about 5hrs+ each) and a class about Harry Potter next month(hopefully its fun).

Interview Questions

• Are you a fan of Harry Potter?   Answer Question
    • Why did Harry Potter faint in the train?   1 Answer
    • Who killed Sirius Black?   1 Answer
    • Name the vault in which the Sorcerer's Stone was found   1 Answer
    • Mention other Weasley's aside from Ron   1 Answer
    • Have you ever made mistakes in previous jobs? If so, how?   Answer Question
    • What was the job you liked the most and why?   Answer Question
    • Are you okay working night shifts, weekends and holidays?   1 Answer

Star Guide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Group Interview together with 3 other candidates. Interviewers were pleasant and genuinely listening to your responses. They asked about 5 questions, all related to how one would handle guests in the park.

Ride Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Universal Studios (Orlando, FL).

Interview

They talk to you over the phone asking some questions just to get a feel for who you are and why you want to work for universal. If they wish to move forward they send an email to you with a link to choose a scheduled interview time that works for you. When you come to your interview you wait in a room with a bunch of other candidates watching whatever movie they have on till they call your name. The interviewer will ask you questions based on your previous jobs that relate to the position you applied for and depending on how you answer will let you know right away whether or not you got the job. After that they finger print you for background check purposes and take a picture of you to print out your employee ID.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example when you had to assist an irate customer and were unable to help them with their initial complaint. What did you do ?   Answer Question