Universal Weather and Aviation Associate Trip Owner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Universal Weather and Aviation Associate Trip Owner Interview Questions

2.7

Associate Trip Owner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Universal Weather and Aviation.

Interview

Talked to different managers who wanted to see if I fit in. They also asked questions to see if I knew about the company. Pretty basic stuff.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. College degrees don't get you more money here.

Other Interview Reviews for Universal Weather and Aviation

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Universal Weather and Aviation (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied online through a third party listing. Minimal work history with bachelors degree. They called to come in for a typing test (standard is over 30wpm) and geography test (standard is over 70). Geography test consists of questions like: how many countries in the world (multiple choice, name the oceans, how many/name continents, etc. I passed the tests and was called to schedule a two part interview. First interview was with a couple of team managers. They just asked your typical questions about being a team player, leadership skills, dependability, punctual, transportation to work, what I know about the company already and what to expect in my role. Second interview was with the director and another manager. This interview was brief. What did I know about the company and what is expected of me. Was told to go take a drug test and was called to when to show up for training. Sign a horrific non-compete agreement saying you won't work for competitors for a long time if you leave.

Negotiation

No negotiation. You are going to be paid this amount. You get 3 automatic increases during the first 9mo and then it's a pretty standard raise process like other companies; performance based, how we'll the company is doing financially, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Universal Weather and Aviation (Houston, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

Initial communication was to confirm the information in my application. Then I was invited to the skills test consisting of a geography test, Microsoft Office 2003 skills test, and a typing test. The in-person interviews consisted of meeting first with senior employees and then a second interview (same day) with team managers. The questions were open-ended to get an idea if you fit their company culture, which is very customer-centric.

Interview Questions

• Describe what Universal Weather and Aviation and what it does.   1 Answer
    • Describe yourself and why you want to join the company.   Answer Question

The starting wage is non-negotiable, while there are pay bumps for new hires, having a degree is given no bonus in terms of pay, only in getting to an interview.

Associate Trip Owner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Universal Weather and Aviation in April 2010.

Interview

Apply online, HR phone call, geography test, then interview with managers, and if recommended, interview with department chair