University College London Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University College London Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2017

3.3

Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University College London.

Interview

A panel of 4 interviewers. Told at the end of the interview that this was the 1st stage of a two stage process. I thought this was very unprofessional! This information should have been given when the job was advertised or at the offer of an interview. The next informal stage required another panel of people who had no idea what my job would entail or how their work would impact my role. Then a test and a third stage interview. All this for a £27K job!

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Interview

I had the misfortune of applying for this role with an agency. I attended the interview location and was shocked to wait 30 MINUTES in reception before being interviewed. A non-panel member who knew this didn't tell me why I was being delayed. This had a negative impact during the interview. The panel simply laughed this off, but I didn't at all appreciate the fact they wasted my time. Demonstrates how unprofessional and poor they are at managing time. I wouldn't waste time with them again.

Graduate Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University College London in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was held over Skype. It was a short discussion about the setup of the team followed by a 30 minute panel interview where questions about customer service, experience working with young people and general questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time where you worked within a team to achieve something.   Answer Question
    • Give a time when you had to deal with bad customer service.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University College London (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

They sent me an email for an appointment in the UCL, I should be there in two weeks and show them a summary of my research data. I arrived 15 min before but I should wait for 25 minutes in the secretary room. The interview were in the meeting room, three collaborators of the proyect asked me questions about my experience and background, the computer wasn't working. Then I showed my research data in a ppt. It was not difficult at all, but I saw the previous candidate giving them certificatess and documentation. They only asked me for my passport, so I am sure I am not in. I am wainting for feedback.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are suitable for this possition, and some specific methodology questions.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University College London.

Interview

Three people on the panel. Each took turn after a five minute oral presentation. The topic was given one week ahead of the interview date. The interview began with the presentation, and the interview itself lasted for about 40 minutes including the presentation. Travel reimbursements provided.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself
      2. why do you think you are fit for this job
      3. research funding agencies
      4. challenges in recrutiment
      Answer Question

MSC In Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University College London (Athens (Greece)) in March 2016.

Interview

Online interview using a Platform ,the questions were all ''out of the box'' questions really challeging. No time to think ahead and no clear questions either. The platform was really slow and the voice of the instructor wasn;t clear and i had problem understanding the guy speaking. The language used from the interviewer was pretty challeging for a foreigner,no explainations given.

Interview Questions

• Descibe all the characteristics about a leader and explain your answer.   Answer Question

Laboratory Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University College London in February 2016.

Interview

Applied Online. Process took about 3 weeks. Interviewed by a Panel of three Head of the Department, Team Leader and an HR professional. Asked about previous job. Specific questions about how I meet the person specification for the role.

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at University College London (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

The shortlisting process was incredibly slow and I did not hear back for over a month. I was informed that I had been shortlisted for the post and asked to prepare a presentation. I arranged time off work, cover for events that I had planned both professionally and personally and spent time preparing for the presentation. A couple of weeks later I received a further email informing me that there had been an error at shortlisting and I had been invited to interview by mistake! What kind of organisation takes weeks to shortlist and then invites the wrong candidate? Particularly in HR, the function that should be promoting best practice. I'm grateful that I was 'uninvited' to interview and did not waste more time with such a shambolic organisation.

Metadata Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University College London.

Interview

The online screening was followed by an invitation to attend a computer-based test and an interview with a panel of 3 interviewers. Both parts of the selection process were very quick, taking about 1 hour in total. The computer-based test was straightforward and clearly related to the job description, while the interview included both technical questions and a more general assessment of transversal competencies.

Interview Questions

• The interview included both technical questions related to the position (metadata) and more general questions assessing transversal competencies (e.g. teamwork, leadership, prioritising).   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University College London.

Interview

I applied for the position online. It took more than a month for the application to be processed and the interview was with the two supervisors. The mood of the interview was quite tense but it might have been my nervousness. Usually the other candidates would have an on-site interview but I was out of the UK at that moment so I had an interview via Skype. There were some delays at the beginning.

Interview Questions

• The questions were about my previous projects and their publications.   Answer Question