University College London Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

57 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Postdoctoral Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University College London (Evanston, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Introduce yourself, show them your research work. Then they will ask some questions. some questions are based on your presentation and your research work. some are based on your career and your interests.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University College London (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Application process took 4 weeks total.

I applied through the website and I was called back for an interview a couple of weeks later, saying there is no need for me to prepare anything (eg. presentation).

At 5pm the day before the interview, I get an email saying that I will have to do a computer-based analysis test right before the interview. I suppose they wanted me to do no specific prep, but it was a bit cheeky to give me half a day's notice.

The test wasn't too hard anyway (excel based) and was followed by a 20 minute interview (3 people panel). I was asked questions about my previous research projects, about the current vacancy and about how I'd respond to certain job-related situations.

I was told I would get an answer within a week. I got an email around 10-14 days later, saying that I didn't get the job.

Regardless, the atmosphere was quite relaxed and the panel wasn't too intimidating.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous research project   Answer Question
    • Questions relating to participants for the current project, how I would act in recruiting and testing phases   Answer Question
    • (since it was a part time position) What would I do the remaining weekdays?   Answer Question
    • What was a challenging situation I've faced and how did I get through it?   Answer Question

General Manager – Infrastructure Services IT Service Delivery Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University College London (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

First stage interview hosted by Gatenby Sanderson (Long list). Face to face interview with prospective candidates, brief run through of CV followed by set series of questions on specific technology topics.

Rest of the process was as follows:
     Closing dates for applications 20 April 2017
     Candidate interviews between selected 27 April – 12 May 2017
     Shortlist finalized 17 May 2017
     First interviews at UCL, London 25 May 2017
     Informal visits to UCL 5-15 June 2017
     Final interview at UCL 21 June 2017

Interview Questions

• e.g. what new or emerging technologies could be used by the university to modernise their IT?   Answer Question

Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University College London.

Interview

A panel of 4 interviewers. Told at the end of the interview that this was the 1st stage of a two stage process. I thought this was very unprofessional! This information should have been given when the job was advertised or at the offer of an interview. The next informal stage required another panel of people who had no idea what my job would entail or how their work would impact my role. Then a test and a third stage interview. All this for a £27K job!

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Interview

I had the misfortune of applying for this role with an agency. I attended the interview location and was shocked to wait 30 MINUTES in reception before being interviewed. A non-panel member who knew this didn't tell me why I was being delayed. This had a negative impact during the interview. The panel simply laughed this off, but I didn't at all appreciate the fact they wasted my time. Demonstrates how unprofessional and poor they are at managing time. I wouldn't waste time with them again.

Phd Interview Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at University College London.

Interview

Standard application route. After two Skype talks: one for the position and one for the scholarship. Overall the interview wasn't very difficult because they were already quite incline to give me the position but some questions can be quite technical.

Interview Questions

• Some basic stuff related to my field study and some other related to motivations & Co   Answer Question

Interview

Short question-based test followed by panel interview where I was asked about my answers on the question-based test as well as other technical questions and relevant experience. Overall process lasted about an hour.

Graduate Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University College London in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was held over Skype. It was a short discussion about the setup of the team followed by a 30 minute panel interview where questions about customer service, experience working with young people and general questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time where you worked within a team to achieve something.   Answer Question
    • Give a time when you had to deal with bad customer service.   Answer Question

EPSRC Sponsored PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University College London (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

I was in Wales at the time so the supervisor suggested we use Skype. We were joined by an external supervisor from Shell (the sponsor) and somebody else from Shell who did a similar PhD to this one. I was asked questions regarding my motivation and my ability to learn independently, along with a line of questioning about specific statistical topics, and if I had experienced them in my BSc.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you to learn?   1 Answer
    • Have you any experience with "enter one of about 6 things here"?   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University College London (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

They sent me an email for an appointment in the UCL, I should be there in two weeks and show them a summary of my research data. I arrived 15 min before but I should wait for 25 minutes in the secretary room. The interview were in the meeting room, three collaborators of the proyect asked me questions about my experience and background, the computer wasn't working. Then I showed my research data in a ppt. It was not difficult at all, but I saw the previous candidate giving them certificatess and documentation. They only asked me for my passport, so I am sure I am not in. I am wainting for feedback.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are suitable for this possition, and some specific methodology questions.   Answer Question