University College London Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 28, 2016

3.3

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Interview

I had the misfortune of applying for this role with an agency. I attended the interview location and was shocked to wait 30 MINUTES in reception before being interviewed. A non-panel member who knew this didn't tell me why I was being delayed. This had a negative impact during the interview. The panel simply laughed this off, but I didn't at all appreciate the fact they wasted my time. Demonstrates how unprofessional and poor they are at managing time. I wouldn't waste time with them again.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University College London (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

They sent me an email for an appointment in the UCL, I should be there in two weeks and show them a summary of my research data. I arrived 15 min before but I should wait for 25 minutes in the secretary room. The interview were in the meeting room, three collaborators of the proyect asked me questions about my experience and background, the computer wasn't working. Then I showed my research data in a ppt. It was not difficult at all, but I saw the previous candidate giving them certificatess and documentation. They only asked me for my passport, so I am sure I am not in. I am wainting for feedback.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are suitable for this possition, and some specific methodology questions.   Answer Question

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at University College London (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

The shortlisting process was incredibly slow and I did not hear back for over a month. I was informed that I had been shortlisted for the post and asked to prepare a presentation. I arranged time off work, cover for events that I had planned both professionally and personally and spent time preparing for the presentation. A couple of weeks later I received a further email informing me that there had been an error at shortlisting and I had been invited to interview by mistake! What kind of organisation takes weeks to shortlist and then invites the wrong candidate? Particularly in HR, the function that should be promoting best practice. I'm grateful that I was 'uninvited' to interview and did not waste more time with such a shambolic organisation.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University College London (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

applied via the UCL web-page, got an e-mail with invitiation to interview with a specific date and time. It took place about 2 weeks later and lasted for about 40 min. The interview panel had 3 people- everyone working in the lab. They asked about my previous experience, plans for the future and why am I not doing a PhD. I got an e-mail with comments a few days later. I didn't get the job, but the professor said I did a good job.

Interview Questions

• previous experience and working with various molecular bio techniques   1 Answer

Postgraduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University College London (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied with a cover letter and CV to the department's Postgraduate Administrator and had an interview a little under two months later. Interview started with a conversation about the setup of the course then covered standard questions about prior experience and research and you would approach teaching scenarios.

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University College London (London, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

I sent in a CV and covering letter and got an invitation for an interview within a week. Very quick turn-around. The interview was with a panel five of future supervisors. I was asked to give a short presentation about my work and was asked skills questions (see below). The interview was mostly technical. But it was a good experience. Very friendly people.

Interview Questions

• "How would you address this problem"/"How would you go about solving this problem"   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University College London (London, England (UK)) in April 2012.

Interview

Applied and was offered an interview for the following week. Interviewed via Skype. Interview consisted of some basic questions about experience, behavior, and abilities. Interviewers were friendly and it seemed like more of a discussion than an interview.

Interview Questions

• What are the differences between Alzheimers and Frontotemporal Dementia?   Answer Question
    • Living in a rural town in the US, do you think living in London would be difficult for you?   Answer Question