University College London Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 16, 2017

3.1

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at University College London (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

The shortlisting process was incredibly slow and I did not hear back for over a month. I was informed that I had been shortlisted for the post and asked to prepare a presentation. I arranged time off work, cover for events that I had planned both professionally and personally and spent time preparing for the presentation. A couple of weeks later I received a further email informing me that there had been an error at shortlisting and I had been invited to interview by mistake! What kind of organisation takes weeks to shortlist and then invites the wrong candidate? Particularly in HR, the function that should be promoting best practice. I'm grateful that I was 'uninvited' to interview and did not waste more time with such a shambolic organisation.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University College London (London, England (UK)) in May 2011.

Interview

The intervieww process consisted of three stages: video assessment, personality test and online assessment. The video assessment was a little bit awkward but you just need to make you do not seem like you are reading any notes and make sure you look at the camera otherwise they will reject you; you do not need any preparation for the personality test as it is quite straightforward and the online assessment simply consists of easy competency questions

Interview Questions

• Tell us a bit more about yourself, what is your motivation and what skills can you bring to this role   Answer Question

Ad Hoc Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University College London (London, England (UK)) in January 2008.

Interview

Submission of required paperwork, with statement of purpose, and one-to-one interview. Interview, like application, was based on internal reference and never opened to outsiders, as this was a cut-rate employment. There was no negotiation. Salary was pre-determined by administrators within the employers. No benefits. No leave. It all amounted to voluntary work with slight financial reimbursement.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want this obligation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University College London (London, England (UK)) in April 2014.

Interview

Contacted via email with interview offer 3 days after submitting application. Interview scheduled two weeks later. Interview in front of panel, with 10 min presentation. After the interview, contacted later that day by email with job offer, contingent on reference checks. Formal offer made one week after interview. Not much more to say really. Don't really understand why there is a requirement for fifty words minimum? Surely what I have already written is sufficient?

Ph D Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University College London (London, England (UK)) in July 2012.

Interview

it's not difficult, just asked about the research proposal. Two professors asked me questions about my research proposal, what your plan is in the future 3-4 years, what your methodology is, how you can get the data, ect.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University College London (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

They sent me an email for an appointment in the UCL, I should be there in two weeks and show them a summary of my research data. I arrived 15 min before but I should wait for 25 minutes in the secretary room. The interview were in the meeting room, three collaborators of the proyect asked me questions about my experience and background, the computer wasn't working. Then I showed my research data in a ppt. It was not difficult at all, but I saw the previous candidate giving them certificatess and documentation. They only asked me for my passport, so I am sure I am not in. I am wainting for feedback.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are suitable for this possition, and some specific methodology questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University College London (London, England (UK)) in April 2012.

Interview

Applied and was offered an interview for the following week. Interviewed via Skype. Interview consisted of some basic questions about experience, behavior, and abilities. Interviewers were friendly and it seemed like more of a discussion than an interview.

Interview Questions

• What are the differences between Alzheimers and Frontotemporal Dementia?   Answer Question
    • Living in a rural town in the US, do you think living in London would be difficult for you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University College London (London, England (UK)) in March 2012.

Interview

Public Adv. for 3 weeks for recruitment, followed by selecting candidates for interviews and final selection.

Interview Questions

• Usually specific to your research experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University College London (London, England (UK)) in September 2012.

Interview

friend emailed me a job link he found on a listserv. I applied online; it was the standard academic application procedure. Maybe a week or two later I received an email setting up an interview for a week hence. Interviewed, and was offered the post by email half an hour after the interview was over.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

My start date was incredibly negotiable. But that was about the only negotiating. Salary was completely non-negotiable. Work schedule was whatever I wanted as long as I averaged enough hours per month.

Teaching Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University College London (London, England (UK)) in August 2009.

Interview

Submission of CV and letter of interest - shortlist invited interview with panel of 3 faculty members (line manager, dept director, outsider)

Interview Questions

• How will the position help you achieve your long-term goals? and What can you contribute?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is little negotiation for this level position at UK universities. Salaries stick very close to determined scales.