University College London Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 4, 2017

42 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University College London (London, England (UK)).

Interview

only one round, a 10 mins talk and 30 mins for questions. You need to talk about how your previous experience match the new project and why you are interested in the topic.

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University College London (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Was all last minute from them and very rushed. they come across as never really interviewed people before. I chased for a response after the interview and never even got a yay or nay email. very rude and unprofessional

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you want this job   1 Answer

Research Assistant (Psychology) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University College London (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Invited to interview two weeks after application submitted online. The panel included four people (one admin staff, a PhD student, a Research Associate and a Professor). The interview was fairly laid back and and lasted 30 minutes. Each person on the panel asked at least one question.

Interview Questions

• What is a potential challenge for the role of Research Assistant on the project?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University College London (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I had to do a short test of skills involving tests of means and SDs using excel, I had to also highlight some problems on the spread sheet and explain why, and then this was then followed by a panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a problem you've come across in your previous experiences and describe how you dealt with it,   Answer Question

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University College London (London, England (UK)).

Interview

It was Face to Face interview. The day began with an introduction to UCL and then interviews were called in groups of 15. Then one by one student was interviewed by professors.

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University College London (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

A laid-back but focused interview on my experience, what new things I could bring to the role, what skills I have, and also areas of discussion about what I'd like to do in shaping the role.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of when you were under pressure but showed exemplary service.   Answer Question

Lectureship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University College London (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Gave a 20 min presentation on my research to the section senior academics. Followed by a 20-25 min interview to a panel of 7. Interview included another 5min presentation on future aims with 3 slides

General Manager – Infrastructure Services IT Service Delivery Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University College London (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

First stage interview hosted by Gatenby Sanderson (Long list). Face to face interview with prospective candidates, brief run through of CV followed by set series of questions on specific technology topics.

Rest of the process was as follows:
     Closing dates for applications 20 April 2017
     Candidate interviews between selected 27 April – 12 May 2017
     Shortlist finalized 17 May 2017
     First interviews at UCL, London 25 May 2017
     Informal visits to UCL 5-15 June 2017
     Final interview at UCL 21 June 2017

Interview Questions

• e.g. what new or emerging technologies could be used by the university to modernise their IT?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University College London (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Application process took 4 weeks total.

I applied through the website and I was called back for an interview a couple of weeks later, saying there is no need for me to prepare anything (eg. presentation).

At 5pm the day before the interview, I get an email saying that I will have to do a computer-based analysis test right before the interview. I suppose they wanted me to do no specific prep, but it was a bit cheeky to give me half a day's notice.

The test wasn't too hard anyway (excel based) and was followed by a 20 minute interview (3 people panel). I was asked questions about my previous research projects, about the current vacancy and about how I'd respond to certain job-related situations.

I was told I would get an answer within a week. I got an email around 10-14 days later, saying that I didn't get the job.

Regardless, the atmosphere was quite relaxed and the panel wasn't too intimidating.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous research project   Answer Question
    • Questions relating to participants for the current project, how I would act in recruiting and testing phases   Answer Question
    • (since it was a part time position) What would I do the remaining weekdays?   Answer Question
    • What was a challenging situation I've faced and how did I get through it?   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University College London (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Submitted CV and cover letter, was called into interview with 3 academics, was mainly asked CV based questions. Academic questions focused on my career aspirations and the type of projects I was interested in the programme. The supervisors were all friendly and were helpful during the interview.