University Corporation for Atmospheric Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at University Corporation for Atmospheric Research

Manager of Administrative Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University Corporation for Atmospheric Research (Boulder, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

A one-way video interview (answering questions that were pre-programmed and then recorded) and in person. Randy, their Talent Acquisition Manager, was fabulous. The roundtable interview with the team was enjoyable, yet formal. They inserted moments of humor.

While I ended up not accepting the offer, as I was waiting on resolution on a more senior position, I cannot say enough positive things about the entire team. Meeting one-on-one with the President was a joy and quite insightful regarding his enthusiasm and commitment to advancing the organization.

Interview Questions

• I honestly don't remember a difficult or unexpected question. They felt standard and simply looking for more data on executive level experiences and handling stress.   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at University Corporation for Atmospheric Research.

Interview

I have family working for the company so the interview process was straight-forward but I know without those family connections it would have been hard to get access to the company because my background isn't in the academic fields they usually look for.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can do the required work?   1 Answer

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University Corporation for Atmospheric Research (Boulder, CO) in February 2015.

Interview

There was one panel interview. The interviewers had a prepared list of questions that HR apparently required them to ask of all the candidates and they went round the table one by one, taking notes on the answers. The questions have little to do with one’s actual resume or experience.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing. They offer the salary and that's it. HR controls all salary bands and are very unwilling to consider flexibility even if the candidate is asking less than the maximum amount.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University Corporation for Atmospheric Research (Memphis, TN) in January 2015.

Interview

no actual interview, ask for two referral letters, transcripts, academic status, resume, cover letter, submit two papers, submit a statement of research, after a few days, got the offer of job, overall speaking, the process is easy, takes some time, responds quickly

Interview Questions

• what research you have done   1 Answer

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University Corporation for Atmospheric Research (Boulder, CO) in August 2014.

Interview

Panel of people asked a list of questions, some were technical, some were about work style. The people were pleasant. The worse thing is I never heard back from them, positive or negative.

Engineering Intern Interview

Interview

Had an interview over skype. Talked about basic electrical knowledge for the industry. I was working with power so a few questions on the advantages of AC vs DC and what transformers are used for & one question about current & voltage relationships.