University Hospitals of Cleveland Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 18, 2017

2.7

Clinical Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University Hospitals of Cleveland (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

A phone call and then initial meeting with the manager was set up. Afterwards another meeting with the rest of the team members was required. The group meeting was only with a few other members of the team. They took turns asking questions, and allowed me to ask any questions I had as well.

Interview Questions

• What qualifications from my past work experiences would benefit this position the most?   1 Answer

Human Resources Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University Hospitals of Cleveland in May 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview went very well. Lasted over an hour. I was then brought in for a 3 hour onsite interview. The process began with a peer interview for an hour. It was more of a big conversation with very unorganized questions being asked. I then had an hour interview with two of the managers. The managers seemed very exhausted and unenthusiastic during the process. Seemed more like they were just going through the motions of the interview and not truly interested in me as a candidate or person. I then shadowed an employee for a half hour, which was not very productive. I felt that didn't need to be part of the interviewing process.

I was told I would be contacted within the next few days for a second onsite interview. I sent a thank you letter email. Two weeks later, I still heard nothing from the HR team. I called and left a voice message asking for an update. They called back one week later (3 weeks total wait time, when I was originally told I would be contacted in 3 days). I was told they have decided to move on with other candidates. I was also told that I came off negatively during the interview process, then was further informed that I said certain phrases/ quotes that I NEVER said. I was told they were concerned with my "professional personality". Being a graduate, professional, and within this field for the past 10 years, I was more than shocked and insulted to receive such unprofessionalism from University Hospitals. I've never had that type of feedback, I frequently have companies pursuing me and I'm the one turning them down.

Overall- Very unprofessional and immature interview process within the HR organization. They did not follow up in a timely or respectful manner. On top of that, insulted an educated and seasoned professional. I truly feel I was the "Plus One" that they could legally claimed they interviewed, so they could hire who they already had in mind. I was warned before I interviewed by many colleagues, that It's all who you know with University Hospitals. If you're not good friends or relatives of someone wIthin the corporate side, or you're not considered a diverse candidate, good luck receiving an offer.

Physician Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University Hospitals of Cleveland (Cleveland, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

The mananger refered me to this position. Meeting with an MD I will be working with, providing him with my expertise of the company, since he is new to our company

Certified Medical Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University Hospitals of Cleveland.

Interview

Phone interview last about 15 minutes, Then if interested call set up face to face interview. Nicotine testing, Flu shots required Background checks required Great place to work I did my Externship at UH I loved it I still have one more Interview , praying I get an offer

Radiologic Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University Hospitals of Cleveland (Cleveland, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

I thought the interview process went really well. The managers were really polite and relaxed - which helped me relax and be able to answer their questions better. Even though they decided to pursue other candidates, they were really polite about not choosing me for the job.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University Hospitals of Cleveland (Cleveland, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

received email from recruiter, had a phone interview that went well. the interviewing manager told me she thought I would be a good fit and I was told I would hear from the hiring manager for the 2nd interview. A month later...Never heard back.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when you had to deal with an irate customer   Answer Question

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at University Hospitals of Cleveland (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

I meet with the administrative assistant and the Head of the department I applied for, ask some questions and I ask my own question, explained about their department. Asked me about myself and what I could bring to the table.

Interview Questions

• Are we allowed to excel within the department?   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? Where did I see myself in five years.   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University Hospitals of Cleveland (Cleveland, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

First applied online, then was contacted by "talent acquisition" to schedule a phone interview. After phone interview we scheduled an in person interview with the nurse manager on the floor. After the interview with the NM and ANM I shadowed an RN on the unit for an hour. After the shadow experience I was offered the job on the spot and accepted.

Medical Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University Hospitals of Cleveland.

Interview

I applied for the job online and shortly got a call back from a recruiter. I was scheduled for a phone interview for a few days later. After my phone interview, I was called for a one on one interview. They called all my references and proceeded with a background check. I checked my status online quite often. I was then offered the job about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions.
      Why do you want to work for UH?
      Tell me a time when..
      What would you do if ...
      How would you handle ...
      Answer Question

Junior Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University Hospitals of Cleveland (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

The interview screening process was great, via PC and phone. No webcam. It was a good learning experience since this was my second technical interview after college graduation. They ask a lot web dev questions, which aren't taught in school, you have to learn it yourself. Never used ajax in my life, but i expect you need to know that to get the job. The feedback was positive, but they said they needed someone a little bit senior-ish. I was hoping they were open to me learning in the job.