University Hospitals of Cleveland Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University Hospitals of Cleveland Interview Questions

Updated Dec 20, 2017

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University Hospitals of Cleveland.

Interview

I had a brief phone screen with a recruiter and a formal interview with the hiring manager a week later. The entire process from first contact to eventual offer took approximately 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were basic interview questions. The topics that I find to be most difficult include those which ask to describe a challenge or obstacle you've had to overcome in a previous position.   Answer Question

Health Information Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University Hospitals of Cleveland (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Applied online, contacted about a week later by a recruiter via email to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was about a half hour and was very enjoyable and the recruiter was pleasant. Was informed I would hear something by the end of week or I should contact her. I was scheduled by the end of week for in-person interview with department manager in Cleveland on main campus. That interview was ok — was given tour around department, told what I would be doing, asked if I had any questions, etc. A week later I was offered the position.

Resident Physician Interview

Interview

I had to fly out on my own money, however, everything was very pleasant when I arrived. The questions were fair and the interviewers (3 to be exact) each wanted to make sure I was a good fit to the work environment.

Interview Questions

• What was my interest in the Cleveland area   1 Answer

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University Hospitals of Cleveland (Cleveland, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone call was a little rushed about 10 minutes. Then 2+ weeks later I received a phone call for a face to face. Its scheduled for next week but I was rescheduled twice by call backs

Interview Questions

• Have you moved to Ohio yet?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University Hospitals of Cleveland (Cleveland, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

After applying online, a recruiter called me around two weeks later to set up a phone interview. They set up an in-person interview with the rehab director at the facility, which happened about a week and a half after I talked to the recruiter. I got an offer a week later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you needed to work on a team.   Answer Question
    • What is your favorite/least favorite part about the profession?   Answer Question

Clinical Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University Hospitals of Cleveland (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

A phone call and then initial meeting with the manager was set up. Afterwards another meeting with the rest of the team members was required. The group meeting was only with a few other members of the team. They took turns asking questions, and allowed me to ask any questions I had as well.

Interview Questions

• What qualifications from my past work experiences would benefit this position the most?   1 Answer

Human Resources Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University Hospitals of Cleveland in May 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview went very well. Lasted over an hour. I was then brought in for a 3 hour onsite interview. The process began with a peer interview for an hour. It was more of a big conversation with very unorganized questions being asked. I then had an hour interview with two of the managers. The managers seemed very exhausted and unenthusiastic during the process. Seemed more like they were just going through the motions of the interview and not truly interested in me as a candidate or person. I then shadowed an employee for a half hour, which was not very productive. I felt that didn't need to be part of the interviewing process.

I was told I would be contacted within the next few days for a second onsite interview. I sent a thank you letter email. Two weeks later, I still heard nothing from the HR team. I called and left a voice message asking for an update. They called back one week later (3 weeks total wait time, when I was originally told I would be contacted in 3 days). I was told they have decided to move on with other candidates. I was also told that I came off negatively during the interview process, then was further informed that I said certain phrases/ quotes that I NEVER said. I was told they were concerned with my "professional personality". Being a graduate, professional, and within this field for the past 10 years, I was more than shocked and insulted to receive such unprofessionalism from University Hospitals. I've never had that type of feedback, I frequently have companies pursuing me and I'm the one turning them down.

Overall- Very unprofessional and immature interview process within the HR organization. They did not follow up in a timely or respectful manner. On top of that, insulted an educated and seasoned professional. I truly feel I was the "Plus One" that they could legally claimed they interviewed, so they could hire who they already had in mind. I was warned before I interviewed by many colleagues, that It's all who you know with University Hospitals. If you're not good friends or relatives of someone wIthin the corporate side, or you're not considered a diverse candidate, good luck receiving an offer.

Physician Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University Hospitals of Cleveland (Cleveland, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

The mananger refered me to this position. Meeting with an MD I will be working with, providing him with my expertise of the company, since he is new to our company

Certified Medical Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University Hospitals of Cleveland.

Interview

Phone interview last about 15 minutes, Then if interested call set up face to face interview. Nicotine testing, Flu shots required Background checks required Great place to work I did my Externship at UH I loved it I still have one more Interview , praying I get an offer

Financial Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shaker Heights, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University Hospitals of Cleveland (Shaker Heights, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

Found this job on Glassdoor. It immediately peaked my interest, and I decided to apply for it. Received an email requesting a phone interview from an HR recruiter about 5 days later. That was followed up by an in-person interview on March 20th, 2017 with the hiring manager as well as the hiring manager's direct boss. The interview went well, and I walked away from it feeling both confident as well as a bit peculiar in regards to a statement made by both managers. They stressed the need for expedience in getting a qualified candidate in as soon as possible, which left me with a hint of worry.

Fast forward almost two months to May 16th, 2017, when I received a phone call from the recruiter in which I was offered the position. I explained to the recruiter that my current company was in the midst of planning for the coming fiscal year, and that my leaving in the middle of the planning process would create a massive responsibility vacuum. In addition, I wanted to leave my current company on good terms, and leaving amid the craziness of the planning process would definitely be considered a burnt bridge. Finally, my current company incentivizes employees to stay through the planning process by offering a bonus to everyone who is on the payroll when the process wraps up.

Due to the aforementioned reasons, I requested a July 2017 start date. This was absolutely negotiable, and I assumed the recruiter would need to get this approved. The recruiter indeed stated they would need to check with the managers, and get back to me. Three days later, my July start date was approved, and I received an official offer letter with the desired start date, salary, etc. which I accepted.

A little over a week later, I received an email from the recruiter stating that my start date would need to be revisited, and to get in contact with them as soon as possible. I responded and asked what had changed to necessitate moving up the start date, as it had previously been approved. I received no response for over a week, during which I placed several phone calls and emails only to come up empty. The recruiter finally responded via email roughly 10 days later, only to reiterate the same "we need to revisit your start date" line without providing any justification for doing so. I again responded promptly, asking why. Once again, I received zero responses for over a week.

The recruiter finally phoned me on Monday June 5th, 2017 and gave me a company-desired start date of June 19th. I contacted the recruiter the next day (June 6th), and reminded them from our previous conversations that starting any sooner than when I requested would put my current company in a bad position. I would also lose out on a significant amount of money for leaving a mere 11 days early. The recruiter stated they'd need to once again speak with the managers to see what could be done, and if they could compensate me for the lost bonus money. Once again, I did not hear from the recruiter for a week.

Last Tuesday (June 13th), the hiring manager's boss phoned me to see what was going on. I explained that I received an official letter with the July start date, and that I was never given a reason as to why the recruiter was pushing for a different one. The individual then began to get irritated, and questioned my communication style as well as heavily insinuated that what I was doing was unprofessional. The individual accused me of withholding information from the initial interview back in March, which was absolutely and truly false. I was nothing but forthcoming as to why I requested the start date I did. The conversation devolved from there, and culminated in me declining the offer based on the lack of communication from the recruiter, the attempts to change an official start date without providing justification, and the accusatory tone the hiring manager's boss took with me before I even started the job.

In hindsight, I should have contacted the hiring manager and their boss directly once the line of communication between the recruiter and myself broke down. Alas, I did not, as I incorrectly assumed the recruiter knew how to do their job. Furthermore, I did not want to throw this recruiter under the proverbial bus before I even started the job, and I had an official offer letter with my desired start date to go off of. I truly feel this is an isolated incident attributable to the recruiter not getting proper authorization for my requested start date, then attempting to right the ship by bringing me onboard sooner. Finally, calling a future employee's communication skills, professionalism, and credibility into question before they even start the job is the absolute worst way to start off a professional relationship.