University Medical Center (Lubbock) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University Medical Center (Lubbock) Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at University Medical Center (Lubbock)

Emergency Center RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University Medical Center (Lubbock) (Lubbock, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

You meet with the Nurse recruiter, then the director, and then do a peer interview back to back to back. It is very fast-paced but very laid-back. They seemed very interested in knowing me and did not try to intimidate me. They were very friendly and forward with what they asked.

Field Paramedic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University Medical Center (Lubbock) (Lubbock, TX).

Interview

If the job is posted, you apply online and HR reviews your application. They WILL call your references! If you get past that point, you have to take an entry exam for your certification level. Its not easy, but is doable. There is also a skills test and patient scenario to pass. After all that, you may be scheduled for an interview in that week. The interview has a chief panel, an administrative panel, and a peer interview with standard interview questions. If you do well on the tests and interview, you may receive an offer in a few days.

RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at University Medical Center (Lubbock) (Lubbock, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Submitted an application and received a call within two weeks to set up an interview. I then had a 30 minute interview with nursing recruitment, a panel of directors, and a panel of staff nurses. They were all very organized and seemed very interested in what they were asking you. They called within a week to offer me a job. Overall it was a very organized and simple process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself?
      What got you into nursing?
      What are your best qualities?
      Explain a difficult situation in the past and how you handled it?
      Answer Question

Patient Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University Medical Center (Lubbock) (Lubbock, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

Hiring process is pretty basic, you go through a general interview with a supervisor, who will then send you to a peer interview with employees that have been working in your role for some time. Upon completion of that peer interview they will determine if you come in for a final interview with the head of the department. Basically, the peer interview determines if you get the job or not. Be likable, be straightforward, and dress well.

Patient Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University Medical Center (Lubbock) (Lubbock, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

I called UMC to see if there were any available for Patient Service Assistant. I was connected with Human Resources and emailed an application. My first interview was conducted by peers. The questions were typical for a position like this: career aspirations, strengths and weaknesses, customer service, and conflict resolution.
    The second interview was conducted by the supervisor. The questions were similar to the peer interview.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question asked was a scenario depicting a work place conflict between co-workers and how I would diffuse it.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University Medical Center (Lubbock) in September 2011.

Interview

Contact human resources for initial screen process. Qualified applicants referred to department director. Department director performs second screening and telephone interview. Director offers to face-to-face interview to qualified employees. Successful completion of face-to-face interview with director leads to peer review interview. Director considers peer review input and makes decision to extend an offer. Director contacts human resouces and representative of human resources makes offer to potential employee. If applicants are weeded out at any point in the process, a brief letter is sent to them letting them know they were not selected for the position. No explanation is provided.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University Medical Center (Lubbock) in September 2009.

Interview

one on one interview was brief and to the point by the director of the department. peer interview lasted longer and consisted of pre written questions covering 5 broad topics like communication, teamwork, customer service, experience, etc. some of interviewers seemed more nervous than i was. panel consisted of three individuals who took turns asking the questions

Interview Questions

• none were difficult all open ended questions giving you leeway to say what you wanted   Answer Question