University Medical Center of El Paso Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at University Medical Center of El Paso

RN I Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University Medical Center of El Paso (El Paso, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview consists of two interviews. The first interview was with the Manager and Assistant Manager. The second interview was with employee who work on the unit. The questions were very standard and felt comfortable in the environment.

Interview Questions

• How can you use your previous experience for this position? What can you bring to the unit?   Answer Question

Patint Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University Medical Center of El Paso (El Paso, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

Called and intervied me-couple weeks later went through a background check and went through a second interview through supervisor. Then they called me back and I got hired. Then I started working a couple of weeks later,

Histology Transcriptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at University Medical Center of El Paso (El Paso, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

Took place before I had to go out of town for brother's funeral. Called on the phone for an interview that afternoon for a temporary position. The Staffing company posed different questions to me, did a drug/background check, and then sent me to the actual Pathology Supervisor. Pleasant, supportive staffing company, but firm in their ways. The Pathology Supervisor was more relaxed in her approach to me with her interview questions. She was friendly but professional as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?   1 Answer
    • Please try to be as detailed as possible regarding the technical question, business case, etc. What would you do if you saw something on a patient's chart you felt should not be there?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate getting the test results done on my arm done in a different state because of funeral. Pay was negotiated by staffing company, not myself.

Rehabilitation Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at University Medical Center of El Paso (El Paso, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

For a job such as this one it is great of course to have interpersonal skills, but a strong stomach, and physical strength are definitely a plus. I would recommend during the interview to be as professional as possible and answer all questions truthfully and to the best of your knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are the best fit for this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was very one-sided as this is a not-for-profit hospital they have set wages and because I was not technically hired on part-time I received no benefits.

Healthcare IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University Medical Center of El Paso.

Interview

Submitted a resume in April for an open postion and did not get called back till October. The hiring process took less then 2 weeks after initial contact. Straight-forward.

Negotiation

Nonexistent.