University of Akron Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Akron Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.2

PhD Student Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Akron.

Interview

The interview process is pretty straight forward. You just meet w/ different faculty members. They show you around campus, feed you and you get to meet many other students that are already in the dept.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Akron (Akron, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

It was an informal interview session with a director, who explained the mission of the department to a group of students and answered questions. We learned about initiatives and projects, then were asked what skills we had that we could bring to the table. We were told to send in our resumes to be evaluated. A group of people chose from students' resumes and interviews to pick out the student assistant to be hired.

Student Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Akron (Akron, OH) in December 2015.

Interview

A one time three person interview. Allot of "what if" and scenarios questions. The interview lasted around 30 minutes. After telling me a did a good job, I was notified a day later that I had received the position.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Akron (Akron, OH).

Interview

I was applied for the graduate program. Was asked to submit all academic transcripts. Then I was called by the department chair and interviewed by him. Then I was interviewed by the subject professor. He asked me general questions and some questions about the subject. Then I was given a student's copy to grade. It was easy and the teacher was very helpful towards me.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage a student who asks you to solve his homework?   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Akron in September 2015.

Interview

I uploaded my resume to the online job board. Once I began the Fall semester (2015) I was called and offered to come in for an interview. This was an opportunity by chance mostly because my hours of availability were what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• The main questions were my hours of availability and how long I expected to remain at the school before I graduated.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Akron.

Interview

Contacting faculty members and attaching CV to find a research position. Waiting for their response and apply for it. After getting admission from Grad School, we have to sign contract with department to get the stipend and other compensations.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Akron (Akron, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. Phone interview first, then in person interviews. It was nice because they introduced me to a lot of people during my in person interview on campus

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Akron (Akron, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

We need to look on the Professor's website and if we like their research ,we need to approach them by taking a appointment thereafter He will have alook on our resume and he explains his project.
    He may ask some questions and tell us how to be in his lab,after that he may offer the job.

Interview Questions

• How many hours you can work in this lab?   1 Answer

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Akron (Akron, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

This was just a standard interview process. Normal questions about yourself and the position for which I applied. There was nothing spectacular about the interview that stood out to mention.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Akron (Akron, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

It was simple. I collected the letters of recommendation I needed and submitted my application. I was called by the chairman of the department that was interested in me and we talked about my work history. He liked my experience and told me I got the job if I wanted it.

Interview Questions

• Describe your responsibilities working at [insert employer here].   1 Answer