University of Alabama at Birmingham Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 20, 2017

2.6

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Alabama at Birmingham (Birmingham, AL) in January 2017.

Interview

Directly contacted to an interesting laboratory head by e-mail and waited for a response.
    The head replies to me and schedule an interview and discuss about the job and head showed around the laboratory and meet the lab members.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Alabama at Birmingham (Birmingham, AL) in January 2017.

Interview

Completed a convention interview in whichever i was asked questions about my research and teaching. Was invited to campus to deliver a research presentation. Answered questions. Also gave a teaching demonstration. Answered questions. Discussed research and teaching and service agenda going forward.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at University of Alabama at Birmingham (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

HR calls to tell you to set up a time to interview. You have to take a math test. There is a panel of people who sit in on your interview.

Position In Vice Provost's Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Alabama at Birmingham (New York, NY).

Interview

Lots of lag time between initial interview and in person interview - lasted all day - seemed to go well - then crickets. No contact made to tell me I wasn't getting the job. Terribly unprofessional. Also shared unflattering info about other candidates so I'm sure they did the same with others about me. Spoke negatively about University of Alabama proper. I expected more from academics. No reimbursement for travel to interview. Extremely negative experience.

Temporary Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Alabama at Birmingham (Birmingham, AL) in July 2016.

Interview

interviewed with the director of temporary services-- had to do testing in the office and a drug test--accepted in the temp pool and waiting for appropriate assignment--was offered one immediately but timing didn't work out

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Alabama at Birmingham (Birmingham, AL) in July 2016.

Interview

Took a very long time to get to an interview, once the interview process began it went by quicker. It is difficult to get a job at UAB. Many people find other employment while waiting for their application at UAB to be processed.

Visiting Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Alabama at Birmingham (Birmingham, AL) in December 2015.

Interview

Was typical, short description of your research career, the most important achievements, expectations, etc, future plans, collaborator status, written articles.
    Overall was nice and pleasant. I can recommend this working place to everybody.

Interview Questions

• What is my future goal to achieve.   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Alabama at Birmingham (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

I was invited by a professor who worked actively in research. He showed me his lab around, and tried to convince me that Birmingham is a urban place having nice and decent people. At the end of the day, he offered me a job as a postdoctoral fellow.

Interview Questions

• What else place did you got offer? What do you want to do in future?   Answer Question

Histotech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Alabama at Birmingham.

Interview

Very long interview, the Pathologist did most of the talking didn't ask lot of questions. A thorough explanation of the lab is explained. You are introduced to the other people in the lab you will be working with. It would be good to make a good impression on the other lab personnel their opinion in heavily regarded.

Administrative Office Specialist IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Alabama at Birmingham (Birmingham, AL) in October 2015.

Interview

Short phone interview was done first to go over previous employment and discuss experience and skills. This determined an interview in the office. Brief introduction with the HR to do a screening for background check. Also to take skills test for the microsoft office suite, general office duties, tying test, and data entry.

Interview Questions

• How much administrative experience do I have?   1 Answer