University of Alabama in Huntsville Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 8, 2018

2.6

Administrative Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Alabama in Huntsville (Huntsville, AL) in January 2013.

Interview

I interviewed so well I made it to the Provost and was verbally offered the position. I was then told the position was closed with a vague explanation. the HR department was terrible with follow-up and could never provide concrete answers to your questions.

Admissions Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Alabama in Huntsville (Huntsville, AL) in May 2015.

Interview

First you are called to set up an Interview with HR. I interview by phone with HR then they processed me to the next phase. I then phone interview with the director of Admissions, after our Interview she invited me to an on campus interview via email. Once arriving to campus I interview with the director of Admissions and the Vice-president for around an hour. I then proceeded to a panel interview with the whole admission staff. The whole interview process was very friendly and I would have accepted the position if offered.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you think you want to be an Admissions Counselor.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Alabama in Huntsville (Huntsville, AL) in April 2016.

Interview

I had a phone call with the department advisor to talk about why I wanted to come to the school and the research I would be involved in once I was there. I was connected to a research group to potentially work with, then once I was accepted into the program I drove down to the school to meet with people in person. I learned about their department and spoke to people who would be my advisors.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to study here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was easy once I was accepted into the school. Very laid back.

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Alabama in Huntsville (Huntsville, AL) in July 2011.

Interview

There was no interview process as directly got an offer from Dr Farbod Fahimi regarding this position. I am just filling this up as part of Glassdoor's policy to submit reviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Alabama in Huntsville (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

They send you an email that you have been awarded a GRA position. Next I dont not remember much as it has been more than 2 years now for this.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Alabama in Huntsville (Huntsville, AL) in February 2013.

Interview

Phone interview, a week later I received the invitation for onsite interview. After 3 weeks, I went to the campus and did 1 day interview. I met several faculty and students, and gave a 1 hour long job talk.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Alabama in Huntsville (Huntsville, AL) in July 2015.

Interview

Asked about my previous coursework and my relevant experience in subjects the position was available. Subjects covered included embedded systems, vlsi and signal processing. Had to talk about the contents of each course in detail.

Interview Questions

• What coursework and project experience do you have in xyz subjects?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Alabama in Huntsville (Huntsville, AL) in August 2012.

Interview

Met with president and he hire me on spot. President inquired about my long work history, and if my parents were both deceased.We discussed my work experience at other universities and if I klnew the key professional there. I did.

Phonathon Caller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Alabama in Huntsville (Huntsville, AL) in October 2014.

Interview

the interview was conducted over the phone and planned over email, got interview the same week as initial application. simple questions and the most challenging involved how well i dealt with rejection

Interview Questions

• "how well do you deal with rejection? tell me about a time in which you were rejected and how you reacted."   Answer Question

Negotiation

didnt try to negotiate, i am happy with everything and simply glad i got the job.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Alabama in Huntsville in February 2007.

Interview

After finding the job opening posted on the University website, I mailed a cover letter and resume to the contact person with a date that I would call. I called on the mentioned date with a carefully scripted introduction. I was scheduled to come in and speak to management within the week. After insuring that I had the credentials the position needed, more than one manager interviewed me, and I was told I had the job as soon as the paperwork was finished. The total interview time was about 1.5 hours. After about a month of waiting, I called and asked about progress. The process was begun. About 3 weeks later I called and was told I could start. Advice: If you apply for a job for which you are well-qualified, and if there isn't much competition, your odds are high at getting the job. Perceptions: University work is more advanced and less repetitive than other jobs. Most people are professional, though some tend to withold information to maintain an edge. Politics are similar to other workplaces. The people are usually easy to work with, though I tend to get along with most anyone and am not particularly competitive or ambitious. Managment and scheduling is more flexible than most. The facilities are average to below average and custodians are subpar. I have a 10 x 12 office with a tall ceiling and large windows, view of trees and parking lot, 4 doors from the boss.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or trick questions. I was asked about previous job experience.   1 Answer
    • I was asked to verify my number of years of experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I think I was lucky, and negotiation was very easy and pleasant. I was able to negotiate a very fair salary for my skills. I was well qualified and educated for the position, and I knew the range offered. I was asked to pick the point in the range that I needed to do the job. I picked in the middle, not to be too greedy. It was given to me without hesitation. I was pleasesd with the salary, though I received a raise within 3 months of beginning the job.