University of Alaska Anchorage Interview Questions in Anchorage, AK | Glassdoor

2.3

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Aviation Technology Center Lab/Support Services Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Alaska Anchorage (Anchorage, AK) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview consisted of a five-person panel asking scripted questions, followed by a brief presentation of an example of my technical work. Though the questions were scripted, the tone of the interview was friendly and informal. The panel members were all of positions that would be co-workers or supervisors of the successful applicant.

Interview Questions

• Q: If you observed a student improperly disposing of hazardous material, what would you do?   Answer Question

Adjunct Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Interview

The hiring process was very minimal. I had a very entry level position with the school which had effectively no interview, and from there, spread without boundary into my adjunct position, as well as others. However, during my employment they made it harder for adjuncts to work in multiple jobs at the university, even though it is extremely hard to live on the basic adjunct salary.

Negotiation

There was no option for negotiation. As an adjunct my salary was fixed on a schedule, and I was not eligible for benefits.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Alaska Anchorage (Anchorage, AK) in January 2014.

Interview

I had a round table phone interview with the Search Committee with each faculty member asking a standard interview question. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. A few weeks later, I received a standard email stating that I didn't make the final list for on-site interviews.

Interview Questions