University of Alberta Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Alberta Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Alberta

2.6

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Alberta in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Received Skype interview invitation 4 weeks after. Interview lasted around 80 minutes. Interview was mostly technical and about my CV like explain your project in brief, and asked question from it then questions regarding field I choose for PhD. Overall interview experience was good as it was mostly technical questions.
    I advice to talk only on those part of the project/research with which you are most familiar so you can easily answer follow up question. And read little bit on the project/field you have applied.

Interview Questions

• Explain your master project in brief ? Why you chose that project ? And questions from what I said.   Answer Question
    • Why you want to join this group and University?   Answer Question
    • What knowledge do you have on your chosen PhD field ? Do you have any plan how to pursue it ?   Answer Question
    • If you have decided what you would like to do after PhD ?   Answer Question

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Alberta (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview was a panel of 3 people that alternated asking questions. An email was sent indicating that they wanted to schedule an interview (within 4 or 5 days). Once I was interviewed, there was a written exercise afterward. I was given 1 hour to complete.

Interview Questions

• If you were to be hired for this position, list some things that you would do to become more familiar with the role and University.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at University of Alberta (Edmonton, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Just a brief talk, she asked me a lot of algorithm questions , and a lot about my past projects, I just answer them normally. And at the end, I got the job

Lab Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at University of Alberta (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

I was informed of the job posting in early July, and submitted my resume and cover letter during their one-week window. I then waited for nearly six weeks while the application was processed, and I was finally contacted for an interview in early September. After the interview, I was contacted immediately after all of the other interviews had been conducted later that afternoon.

Interview Questions

• How do you typically handle stress, and what are your strategies for dealing with stressful situations?   Answer Question
    • How much experience do you have in polymer manufacturing, processing, and testing?   Answer Question
    • How much project management experience do you have?   Answer Question

Administrative Support Interview

Interview

I expected to be interviewed by one person but then I entered the room and it was a panel of 4 people so a little bit intimidating.
    Went well, but then the questions were very vague.

Undergraduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Alberta (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in September 2018.

Interview

I did not have any interviews, but you have to pass the academic requirements first, and then you have to talk to the TA coordinator and figure out the schedules.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Alberta (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in June 2013.

Interview

I applied for the position, and was contacted a few days later for an interview the following week. The interview consisted of a panel, and then half an hour to complete a mock email to a prospective student. After the interview, I was phoned the next day and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all easy and straightforward behavioral interview questions. The mock email was based on a fairly straightforward question about admission to the Faculty of Arts. The information was easily found in the provided University calendar, although the interviewer said that the tone of the email would be most important.   Answer Question

Information Technology Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Alberta (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in September 2018.

Interview

Set up workstation, troubleshoot common problems. Show your knowledge about the hardware, and know how to get information of the workstation such as IP address, serial number, model number etc.. from command prompt.

Interview Questions

• Set up workstation, troubleshoot common problems.   1 Answer

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Alberta in February 2013.

Interview

I got a phone call to ask about background. Firstly, I introduced myself, and my academic experience. Then they ask about why I choose here, etc. The interview is short. I think their admission is mostly based on resume and academic records.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Interview

I applied online and showed the english ability. I think this university really focuses on GPA. If your gpa is high, everything is fine. You can get the offer very quickly.