University of Alberta Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Alberta (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was quite smooth and everyone was very nice. The process consisted of 1 formal interview, a 40-minute teaching demonstration, individual interviews with various faculty members, and a Q&A with graduate students. Finally, I had to give a formal research talk. Overall, the interview process was intense. The entire job application was highly competitive.

Interview Questions

• What courses could you imagine teaching here?   1 Answer

Communications Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Alberta (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

Prior to the interview, I was asked to complete a 300 word writing assignment and bring it with me to the interview. It was a panel interview with 3 people — 2 from the department and one from HR (if I remember correctly). They took turns asking questions for approximately half an hour. At the end, I was to complete another writing exercise, which they left the room for.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay on the pulse of the latest social media trends and platforms?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineering Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Alberta (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Two people interviewing. First question was tell us about yourself?
    Afterwards went over my resume and along the way had to explain certain things and provide examples. Overall the interview was fairly straight forward. Make sure to focus on your key strength that will be useful for the job.

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Alberta (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online via the careers section of the university's web site. Was contacted a month after I applied and offered an face-to-face interview downtown. Panel interview consisting of the human resources representative, director of marketing, program team lead and program assistant. The interviewers were very friendly and engaging. Completed an hour long questions interview, then completed forty-five minutes of testing. The testing involved formatting Microsoft Word and Excel denouements. About halfway through this component, a person came to check on me and gave me two additional tasks as "projects sometimes pop up at unexpected times." Was told I would be informed of the hiring decision by the end of the week and was via phone call.

Interview Questions

• Very behavior and situational based. For example:

1. What makes you the best candidate for the position?
      2. How do you prioritize?
      3. How would you use technology to reach out to current and prospective students?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant - Students' Council Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at University of Alberta (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in April 2014.

Interview

Very broad questions; interviewers were nice; one was recording everything I said, while the other asked the questions. Felt it could have been shorter, considering the position. But they were ultimately very helpful in answering my questions at the end. Received follow-up email after a while.

Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Alberta.

Interview

I do not have any information about hiring.

Quantitative Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Alberta (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in September 2010.

Interview

Phone call came at the specified time. Several questions about the background, followed by questions like 'Do you follow the market? What's Dow today? What's Morganstanley's stock price today?"

After that, there were 4 math and finance questions.

Interview Questions

• What's Morganstanley's stock price today?   1 Answer