University of Alberta Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Alberta Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2017

2.5

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

After finding a professor with a suitable field of research, you initiate contact and wait for a reply. Usually requires transcript. No interview.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Alberta.

Interview

It is based my MSC program , which is maser of science as a assistant my supervisor ask me to help with his project and program which including data analyze, experiment prepare , material process ,make orders and help other labmates with it

The funding was applied by the professor and as a employee he hire me to do the research work.

Interview Questions

• Why there is no result of your experiment   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Alberta.

Interview

Some professors and research groups maintain positions for research assistants and will recruit them from the general student population, but this is atypical. Most positions are created for specific candidates. The best strategy is to attend as an undergraduate student, get good grades, have good ideas, and talk to professors about opportunities.

Graduate Student Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at University of Alberta.

Interview

The only interview experience I have is with the current graduate supervisor. Really the interview was just a feel for the supervisor to see if I would be a good fit with his team.

Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Alberta.

Interview

I do not have any information about hiring.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

emailed one of the prof in my department, got an email back and schedule for a meeting. Then gave him my transcript and discussed about project details. After that I got the position but need to write application for funding support. I got the funding anyway from the faculty so its all good

Teaching Assistant Interview

Interview

I applied online and showed the english ability. I think this university really focuses on GPA. If your gpa is high, everything is fine. You can get the offer very quickly.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Alberta in May 2010.

Interview

just ask my background

Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Alberta (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in November 2011.

Interview

The interview process was done for a formality. No serious questions. They are interested in knowing whether you will be eligible for external funding.
    Because, the principal investigators dont want to spend their money to fund you.
    Hiring is based on possibility of external funding.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate anything except joining date.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Alberta (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

An online application needs to be filled out and mailed in to the University, along with your high school marks and a cover letter of why you are the perfect applicant for the summer internship. No interview is required unless applying for a lab in the biological field.