University of Alberta Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 27, 2017

2.5

Librarian Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Alberta (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

Interview was conducted by 3 people. Questions were well thought out and easy to answer. Interviewers were nice and made me feel comfortable. I was given an offer 5 days later by telephone.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a challenge you had in a previous position and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Alberta (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in May 2013.

Interview

It was a Skype interview where they look at your personality and how you can fit into a collaborative environment. They don't really look for analytical skills but your nature and ability to work in teams.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Alberta.

Interview

It was an easy interview. I saw it more like a friendly talk than an interview itself. I felt comfortable with answering all questions, and did not feel pressured if I did not know any of them. It is nice that they were open to jokes and conversation during the interview, that gave me more room for expression.

Engineering IT Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Alberta (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview took about half an hour, pretty relax and interviewers are nice as well. Asked around 8 questions, half of them are technical questions (but not hard to answer). The other half are behavior questions. Questions are easy but need to be prepared to get a good answer.

Administrative Assistant - Students' Council Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at University of Alberta (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in April 2014.

Interview

Very broad questions; interviewers were nice; one was recording everything I said, while the other asked the questions. Felt it could have been shorter, considering the position. But they were ultimately very helpful in answering my questions at the end. Received follow-up email after a while.

R A Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Alberta.

Interview

Done by professor who would be my supervisor.
    Inquiry about my experiences and generic logical question mildly related to the field.
    Question answering was a long process which involved help from the interviewer.

Laboratory Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Alberta (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in October 2013.

Interview

Not the typical interview. Short and to the point. Had worked with interviewer previously. They asked how I could contribute to their contribute project and described some of the challenges that they were currently having.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Alberta (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was quite smooth and everyone was very nice. The process consisted of 1 formal interview, a 40-minute teaching demonstration, individual interviews with various faculty members, and a Q&A with graduate students. Finally, I had to give a formal research talk. Overall, the interview process was intense. The entire job application was highly competitive.

Interview Questions

• What courses could you imagine teaching here?   1 Answer

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Alberta (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

Friendly and welcoming environment. Questions were easy to answer.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Alberta (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

Hired though the university job board, quick interview process, 1 week from within application to receiving call for interview. Interview was mostly a chat about transferable skills, CAD knowledge and etc. Nothing too technical. Professor as interviewer.