University of Alberta Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Alberta Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2017

2.5

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Alberta (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was quite smooth and everyone was very nice. The process consisted of 1 formal interview, a 40-minute teaching demonstration, individual interviews with various faculty members, and a Q&A with graduate students. Finally, I had to give a formal research talk. Overall, the interview process was intense. The entire job application was highly competitive.

Interview Questions

• What courses could you imagine teaching here?   1 Answer

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Alberta (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

Friendly and welcoming environment. Questions were easy to answer.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Alberta (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

Hired though the university job board, quick interview process, 1 week from within application to receiving call for interview. Interview was mostly a chat about transferable skills, CAD knowledge and etc. Nothing too technical. Professor as interviewer.

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Alberta (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in February 2014.

Interview

Group process where you are required to interact with a group...build things, answer your reaction in a scenario, come up with creative ways to solve problems. They will grade you on your communication, how you respond to questions and on how eager you seem for the job. If you make it through the group process, you make it to one on one interview where more technical assessment of your soft skills takes place.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Residence Services? What sets you apart?   Answer Question

Communications Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Alberta (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

Prior to the interview, I was asked to complete a 300 word writing assignment and bring it with me to the interview. It was a panel interview with 3 people — 2 from the department and one from HR (if I remember correctly). They took turns asking questions for approximately half an hour. At the end, I was to complete another writing exercise, which they left the room for.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay on the pulse of the latest social media trends and platforms?   1 Answer

Summer Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Alberta (Edmonton, AB (Canada)).

Interview

A casual sit down with a prof and an associate where they asked questions. Was in the lab where most of the paper work and meetings were held. They went over tasks duties and talked about the different sites.

Interview Questions

• How is your soil and vegetation identification skills
      Your strengths and weaknesses
      Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Alberta.

Interview

I applied to a job posting online with a resume and cover letter. The job posting was somewhat vague so I did background research on the topic to tailor my cover letter to the posting. I got a call back for an interview 2 weeks later and then had a video conference call with the senior members of the group. Interview questions were all common questions from the "top 30" lists on google.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Brought into office and was interviewed my professor and PHd student where I was asked several questions. Most of the questions had to do with previous programming experience and if I thought I was able to complete the goal they had in mind. No technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Alberta in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Received Skype interview invitation 4 weeks after. Interview lasted around 80 minutes. Interview was mostly technical and about my CV like explain your project in brief, and asked question from it then questions regarding field I choose for PhD. Overall interview experience was good as it was mostly technical questions.
    I advice to talk only on those part of the project/research with which you are most familiar so you can easily answer follow up question. And read little bit on the project/field you have applied.

Interview Questions

• Explain your master project in brief ? Why you chose that project ? And questions from what I said.   Answer Question
    • Why you want to join this group and University?   Answer Question
    • What knowledge do you have on your chosen PhD field ? Do you have any plan how to pursue it ?   Answer Question
    • If you have decided what you would like to do after PhD ?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Alberta (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in July 2014.

Interview

The process is quite simple. My supervisor is the same as the one during my M.Sc. program, and we talked for about half an hour to discuss the future research areas and decided to focus on industrial projects. He also asked me about my other offers and if I would like to renew the contract after the current one.