University of Arizona Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 24, 2017

2.5

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Arizona (Tucson, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

Basic resume questions, talk about life goals, programming and research skills. Very Easy interview, PI just basically wanted to know if you were a good for for the lab. Make sure you read up on what research the lab has done in the past and is currently doing.

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Arizona (Tucson, AZ) in March 2016.

Interview

Very formal and structured interview with generic questions designed to make you elaborate on your answer. Like most large entities, they conduct a panel/group interview with the whole team there, They are very punctual so be on time meaning at least 15 min before. Dress attire should be business formal for your interview. Take your time answering the question and do elaborate as much as possible.

Interview Questions

• Major failure that you experienced and how you overcame that situation?
      How would you be successful at performing the assigned tasks?
      What type of management do you like or dislike?
      Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Arizona (Tucson, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

Very casual. First a phone interview, then was invited for an in-person interview about a week later. Small department with people who had worked together for many years. I suspect they were looking for a specific personality or fit as they worked very closely and had a system down that they preferred for day to day operations.

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Arizona (Tucson, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

I met with my would-be boss in my would-be lab. The interview process was fairly casual and quick. He asked me specific questions about my lab experience and other job experience. He spoke about his research the most because it's important that I find it interesting before I accept the positions. I think my references helped seal the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about all of your past laboratory experience, which techniques specifically are you comfortable with?   Answer Question

Automotive Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Arizona (Greenville, SC) in December 2015.

Interview

The Interview was a 1st interview and was held via Skype and was about 30min. The interviewer started of by telling me about the company and what they do and are about. Then they asked me basic questions like why do I want to work for the company? What I did at my previous employer? and When I would be able to begin if I where to be hired?. Then the interviewer continued by explaining there benefits, and the explaining when I could expect to becontacted if i where to get second interview which would be on site. The interviewer ended the interview with asking me I had any questions for them?.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Arizona (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Our professor sent out a mass email to the department with the director's contact info. I submitted CV/portfolio to the director and I got an email back within a week. Got an interview that same week and got a job offer about a week later.

Interview Questions

• What are your greatest weaknesses?   1 Answer

Student Floor Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Arizona (Tucson, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview was more based on how candidates looks at customer service, though the job is related to IT troubleshooting. Interviewers were friendly and approachable. Results of interview were available within committed time period. Overall nice experience in interview.

Interview Questions

• What is difference between customer service and handling customers?   Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Arizona.

Interview

The interview was rather informal and mostly through email. After a few emails back and forth, I was asked to come in to discuss availability and choose a training date to start as well as covering all basic job duties to make sure I understood what I would be doing.

Interview Questions

• My availability, major etc.   1 Answer

Senior Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Arizona (Tucson, AZ) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was smooth. I applied for a position that was vacant, and they needed to fill, so it went quickly. I was referred to the position by a University employee, submitted an application, and was called to schedule an interview the next day. The interview was scheduled for a week later, and I got a call with a job offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you didn't agree with a decision your supervisor made. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiation.

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at University of Arizona in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted via email for a phone interview about 3 weeks later. There was a slight mix up on UA's side on the day of the interview so we rescheduled for later in the week. This threw me off. We had everything in writing confirming both date and time and they didn't double check their calendars. I spoke to the potential manager and her supervisor. I haven't heard back from this one and there are no status updates on their website but it's been a month so I assume I wasn't selected.

Interview Questions

• Provided background about the position and then asked about my background and experiences with similar programs, conflict resolution, strengths, short term and long term goals. They also asked about my flexibility as this position involved traveling and evening/weekend hours.   Answer Question