University of Arizona Marketing Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at University of Arizona (Tucson, AZ) in February 2010.

Interview

I submitted my application via the online system, and immediately identified individuals (via LinkedIn) that could help with the process. Initial interview was via phone screening. 2nd interview was a panel interview, which would have been done over the phone, but I chose to fly to Tucson to interview in person (wanted to meet the staff). The University did not fund this interview trip. The final round was a UA paid trip to Tucson, where I interviewed with the panel again, had a 1:1 interview with the Vice President of the unit (this was also the hiring manager), and gave a presentation to a group of 50 people on how I would market the UA as a Land Grant university. After this round, it was several weeks before an offer was made. The entire process took 6 months, so there was a lot of waiting and wondering.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of a Land Grant University, and why is this important?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Due to the University funding, it was not negotiable for me at the time. In most cases, I don't believe there is much room for negotiation on compensation or benefits.