University of Arizona Interview Questions in Tucson, AZ | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.4

Student Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Arizona (Tucson, AZ) in December 2016.

Interview

After I applied, they called me to set up a time when I was free for the interview. It was just me and the two supervisors of the department. It was a short 15 minute interview for me, I feel I was very qualified for the position as they offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with supporting the people in your life or in other jobs with their IT problems?   1 Answer

IT Support Center Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Arizona (Tucson, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

Panel interview with 6 interviewers that consisted of the departments manager as well as same level technicians, supervisors of the same department as well as other departments. You can look them up on the universities website to see who you will be interviewing with. I was then asked series of questions, followed by a role play. The questions were fairly simple, but the key is to remember to say that if you can't figure something out to pass it onto the next level technicians to show you are a team player. The role playing consisted of a user calling in who was having an MS Word issue that I exhausted all options with and they still had the issue. The correct answer would have been to try your solutions then pass it onto the next stage technician. Following the role play, I was able to ask questions. Be careful with the questions you ask them! Be very vague and general, nothing that makes the interviewers think too hard. The supervisor for this department does not like being questioned. He felt I asked an unfair question and started to raise his voice to me. I had previously looked up this question online and multiple career sites said it was okay to ask. I asked if my skill set was something that matched well with their department. He did not respond to it directly, said it was unfair of me to ask, and said that he will not give me an answer. Another supervisor of another department answered me in a very general but professional way (the answer I was looking for). The other supervisor told me that they are looking for someone they can mold into what they need, and that experience plays a huge role, but so does personality. Also, do not ask what the time frame is that they will call you back if you are considered. This question also upset him for some reason. There is only 1 female who works in this department and she is blonde and skinny. After looking at the teams website, everyone on the 24/7 team is white. I am Hispanic, and overweight. I feel like looks and race play a huge role to this department. At the very end they let me know that they will let you know within a week if you're considered. Overall, this interview was turned around on me and my questions made me look bad. Interview lasted approximately 50 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Q: If you were a superhero which super power would you want and why?   1 Answer
    • Q: Have you ever had an idea of yours implemented into the IT department, what was it?   Answer Question
    • Q: How do you feel your experience fits with this position?   Answer Question
    • Q: What type of computer user do you not like and why?   Answer Question
    • Q: What would you do if there wasn't anymore work left?   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Arizona (Tucson, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

Basic resume questions, talk about life goals, programming and research skills. Very Easy interview, PI just basically wanted to know if you were a good for for the lab. Make sure you read up on what research the lab has done in the past and is currently doing.

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Arizona (Tucson, AZ) in March 2016.

Interview

Very formal and structured interview with generic questions designed to make you elaborate on your answer. Like most large entities, they conduct a panel/group interview with the whole team there, They are very punctual so be on time meaning at least 15 min before. Dress attire should be business formal for your interview. Take your time answering the question and do elaborate as much as possible.

Interview Questions

• Major failure that you experienced and how you overcame that situation?
      How would you be successful at performing the assigned tasks?
      What type of management do you like or dislike?
      Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Arizona (Tucson, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

Very casual. First a phone interview, then was invited for an in-person interview about a week later. Small department with people who had worked together for many years. I suspect they were looking for a specific personality or fit as they worked very closely and had a system down that they preferred for day to day operations.

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Arizona (Tucson, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

I met with my would-be boss in my would-be lab. The interview process was fairly casual and quick. He asked me specific questions about my lab experience and other job experience. He spoke about his research the most because it's important that I find it interesting before I accept the positions. I think my references helped seal the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about all of your past laboratory experience, which techniques specifically are you comfortable with?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Arizona (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Our professor sent out a mass email to the department with the director's contact info. I submitted CV/portfolio to the director and I got an email back within a week. Got an interview that same week and got a job offer about a week later.

Interview Questions

• What are your greatest weaknesses?   1 Answer

Student Floor Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Arizona (Tucson, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview was more based on how candidates looks at customer service, though the job is related to IT troubleshooting. Interviewers were friendly and approachable. Results of interview were available within committed time period. Overall nice experience in interview.

Interview Questions

• What is difference between customer service and handling customers?   Answer Question

Senior Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Arizona (Tucson, AZ) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was smooth. I applied for a position that was vacant, and they needed to fill, so it went quickly. I was referred to the position by a University employee, submitted an application, and was called to schedule an interview the next day. The interview was scheduled for a week later, and I got a call with a job offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you didn't agree with a decision your supervisor made. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiation.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at University of Arizona (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

My reference wrote a great recommendation for me. Our interests matched and the skills sets required were in demand for future projects at University of Arizona as well. My previous experience in writing and reviewing Journal papers helped me a lot in securing this position along with the nice things my reference had to say in the recommendation letter.