University of Arkansas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

2.6

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Arkansas (Fayetteville, AR).

Interview

I had one interview and then got the job. It was a very straight forward interview with the HR Manager. Nothing out of the ordinary, just a one on one in his office.

Interview Questions

• There were no curveball questions, or any sort of thing like that. Very straight forward questions. It was easy to tell his intent in asking the questions he did. Good interview as a whole.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Arkansas (Fayetteville, AR) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, a week and half later I got a call for a phone interview with a panel of 2. Few days later I got asked for an in person interview with a panel of 7, told to give them two weeks for background checks and HR paperwork. A little past 2 weeks I got a call that said the process was taking a little longer but I should hear something by the end of the week and that they were doing my background check. That took a couple days and then I was officially offered the position. All in all the process took a little less than a month but everyone was very pleasant and straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are the best fit for this position.   Answer Question

Club Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Arkansas (Fayetteville, AR).

Interview

I arrived at the guest services office and greeted by the director of guest services. During the first part of the interview I was asked some questions about my background and which was in the form of a chat. There after I was asked about my work experience and my skills. The interview ended with instruction of my first shift.

Study Abroad Peer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Arkansas (Fayetteville, AR) in August 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview with full-time staff that consisted of a series of basic interview questions, and questions regarding my strengths and weaknesses. Overall a great interview experience.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 words that an employer would use to describe you?   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

I had applied through university online process. All paper works and recommendation letters has to be sent to graduate school which is the same process as in other university. Follow up with the professor whom i was going to work with is key.

Interview Questions

• Initially had in touch with professor through email. Professor decided to talk with me in phone and asked me about the research interest, experience and publications.   Answer Question

Systems Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Arkansas (Fayetteville, AR) in June 2016.

Interview

I was emailed in response to my resume and asked to interview. I interviewed once with a panel of 4 or 5 people and then was asked to come back in for a follow up interview, which was actually more of a meet and greet with upper management than a formal interview.
    I've also been a part of hiring since I've worked there and we sometimes also ask that IT professionals complete a skills test to determine how proficient they are. You would be surprised at how much people are willing to talk about their skills and how poorly they perform in a basic skills test of those same skills.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time with things didn't go the way you had hoped and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • What accomplishment are you most proud of in your past?   Answer Question
    • If you get the job and we are sitting here one year from now celebrating what we have done over the past year, what did we accomplish?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Arkansas (Fayetteville, AR).

Interview

I was asked to submit a resume to the hiring manager, after it was reviewed I was asked back for a one on one interview with the hiring manager. The interview was in the style of a conversation more than direct knowledge based questions.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the things you have done while at the University?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation.

Institutional Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Arkansas (Fayetteville, AR) in January 2016.

Interview

Four of the Housing Coordinators join in the interview and ask a series of brief questions regarding the position requirements. They are all very professional but also very down to earth and easy to communicate with so the interview process is fairly simple.

Interview Questions

• They will most likely ask you what percentage of attendance you expect to have in that position.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at University of Arkansas (Fayetteville, AR) in October 2015.

Interview

online application, called for first interview, panel for 3 people, emailed to come in for a second interview, panel of 6 people, told there would be background checks and reference checks. My references told me they were never called, and I received an automated "position filled" email later.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a mistake that you made at work?   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Arkansas (Fayetteville, AR) in August 2015.

Interview

There were 3 parts to the interview process. The first was a phone interview with basic questions about experience and skills. If you pass the phone interview, you move to a 1:1 interview. It was about 3 hours. I met with the supervisor individually, then the immediate team for a group interview, followed by a skills test, and ended with the supervisor again. The third part to the process was an interview with the supervisor's bosses for a final stamp of approval.
    Usually they call about 5 contenders, bring in 2-3 for interviews, and 1 to meet the bosses.