University of Arkansas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at University of Arkansas

2.6

Sort:

Internship Interview

Interview

The interview was very casual and laid back. It was a group interview where they told me a lot about the company and asked my own personal interests. There was four different people at the interview and they were very nice. They went into specifics about the job and pay. They also asked me about my own personal experience and work.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Arkansas (Fayetteville, AR) in March 2015.

Interview

My employer was looking for someone to assist in organizing her radio show; the process was smooth and professional, nothing out of the ordinary. I could see that she was indeed in need of someone who could help her get things in order and do the small things so she could focus on the big things.

Administrative Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at University of Arkansas (Fayetteville, AR) in February 2014.

Interview

Standard questions, polite interviewers, but there were more people in the room than I expected. Overall the interview was a pretty simple one. They are look for well rounded, stable employees who they can trust to be nice/friendly to students.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that a customer was angry with you. How did you resolve it?   1 Answer

Administrative Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Arkansas (Fayetteville, AR) in March 2012.

Interview

There was a group interview with the entire office staff (about 15 members). Each person asked about 2-3 questions each. This part of the interview lasted about an hour, then there was a personal interview with the supervisor and assistant that only lasted about 15-20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict when it comes to who has priority?   Answer Question

The office dynamics seemed out-of-sorts - some acted superior and entitled.

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Arkansas.

Interview

Interview process is to meet first with the hiring committee (4 - 5 people), then with a group of potential co-workers who weren't on the hiring committee once you're a finalist (4 - 5 different people), then with the potential direct supervisor and the supervisor's boss once you're a final finalist. The interview by committee can be pretty nerve-wracking, but mostly they try to put you at ease.

Interview Questions

• Didn't really get any memorably difficult or unexpected questions; it was all pretty standard, except for the sheer number of people on the panel, which I'd never experienced before (I had been accustomed to 1:1 interviews). They seemed inexperienced at interviewing, so mostly they were taking turns reading questions for me from a list.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Arkansas (Bentonville, AR).

Interview

Way too much waiting. The interview process took about 5 weeks with 3 interviews total (1 phone interview and 2 in person panel interviews). 5 weeks was how long it took them to tell me they needed someone who already knew the computer system, and that was my ONLY downfall. Otherwise i was a great candidate according to them. This was for a very entry level role, meaning skills are easily taught. my advice—start as a RazorTemp if you really want to work here and if you were never a student. Its not completely the university’s fault, its the government that makes these extensive requirments for employment. Nonetheless, a lot of my time and energy was wasted. I cant stand how political everything has become!

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Arkansas (Fayetteville, AR) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, a week and half later I got a call for a phone interview with a panel of 2. Few days later I got asked for an in person interview with a panel of 7, told to give them two weeks for background checks and HR paperwork. A little past 2 weeks I got a call that said the process was taking a little longer but I should hear something by the end of the week and that they were doing my background check. That took a couple days and then I was officially offered the position. All in all the process took a little less than a month but everyone was very pleasant and straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are the best fit for this position.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Arkansas.

Interview

Formality. You're going to be interviewed by people who already know you, and already want you to have the job. So if you're not in a position where you can network, don't count on getting a better job on campus, even if you are more qualified than your competitor.

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Arkansas (Fayetteville, AR) in February 2009.

Interview

Lengthy but typical for higher ed.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember, but the most telling was, "Do you work well with difficult people?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Fast. I was straight out of college and took their first offer becuase I didn't know any better.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at University of Arkansas (Fayetteville, AR) in October 2015.

Interview

online application, called for first interview, panel for 3 people, emailed to come in for a second interview, panel of 6 people, told there would be background checks and reference checks. My references told me they were never called, and I received an automated "position filled" email later.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a mistake that you made at work?   1 Answer