University of Arkansas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

University of Arkansas Interview Questions

Updated Dec 29, 2017

2.6

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Arkansas.

Interview

20 to 30 min with manager. Nothing super fancy but it was good overall. Started with basic questions and continued with details about what I have done in the past.

They gave me the offer a week after that.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Arkansas (Fayetteville, AR) in September 2017.

Interview

Casual environment with two interviewers. Took place in a large conference room, but the interviewers were relaxed and easy to talk to. Wanted to know experience with managing people and what my availability looked like.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficultproject/group you’ve managed?   Answer Question

Program Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Arkansas (Fayetteville, AR) in September 2017.

Interview

Informal, lunch interview. Asked questions about why I wanted the position and I answered specifically why I wanted to work for the program. Very good experience! No time was wasted and we got to the offer very quickly.

Interview Questions

• Casual conservation was all.   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Arkansas (Fayetteville, AR) in February 2017.

Interview

Skype interview with two professors which took about an hour. They usually use skype or phone interview first because there are applicants from different parts of the country. I was contacted first by email and then I was called to join the skype interview. The whole process did not take more than two interviews.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions about background and experience, why you think you are a good fit for the position, and how you would manage certain situations at work depending on your role. It is usually asked how do you picture yourself within 5 to 10 years and what challenges you think you would face if you are hired for the position.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Arkansas (Fayetteville, AR).

Interview

I had one interview and then got the job. It was a very straight forward interview with the HR Manager. Nothing out of the ordinary, just a one on one in his office.

Interview Questions

• There were no curveball questions, or any sort of thing like that. Very straight forward questions. It was easy to tell his intent in asking the questions he did. Good interview as a whole.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Arkansas (Fayetteville, AR) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, a week and half later I got a call for a phone interview with a panel of 2. Few days later I got asked for an in person interview with a panel of 7, told to give them two weeks for background checks and HR paperwork. A little past 2 weeks I got a call that said the process was taking a little longer but I should hear something by the end of the week and that they were doing my background check. That took a couple days and then I was officially offered the position. All in all the process took a little less than a month but everyone was very pleasant and straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are the best fit for this position.   Answer Question

Club Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Arkansas (Fayetteville, AR).

Interview

I arrived at the guest services office and greeted by the director of guest services. During the first part of the interview I was asked some questions about my background and which was in the form of a chat. There after I was asked about my work experience and my skills. The interview ended with instruction of my first shift.

Study Abroad Peer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Arkansas (Fayetteville, AR) in August 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview with full-time staff that consisted of a series of basic interview questions, and questions regarding my strengths and weaknesses. Overall a great interview experience.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 words that an employer would use to describe you?   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

I had applied through university online process. All paper works and recommendation letters has to be sent to graduate school which is the same process as in other university. Follow up with the professor whom i was going to work with is key.

Interview Questions

• Initially had in touch with professor through email. Professor decided to talk with me in phone and asked me about the research interest, experience and publications.   Answer Question

Systems Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Arkansas (Fayetteville, AR) in June 2016.

Interview

I was emailed in response to my resume and asked to interview. I interviewed once with a panel of 4 or 5 people and then was asked to come back in for a follow up interview, which was actually more of a meet and greet with upper management than a formal interview.
    I've also been a part of hiring since I've worked there and we sometimes also ask that IT professionals complete a skills test to determine how proficient they are. You would be surprised at how much people are willing to talk about their skills and how poorly they perform in a basic skills test of those same skills.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time with things didn't go the way you had hoped and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • What accomplishment are you most proud of in your past?   Answer Question
    • If you get the job and we are sitting here one year from now celebrating what we have done over the past year, what did we accomplish?   Answer Question