University of Arkansas at Little Rock Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 17, 2017

2.4

Director of Student Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Arkansas at Little Rock (Little Rock, AR).

Interview

The application process is completed through PeopleSoft Admin. You receive an email notification requesting interview to be scheduled soon. You don't see or speak to an actual person until the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why am I interested in the position and what experience did I have related to the position.   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

Interview

There was no interview. They took my all information and screened all with their committee. Then they confirmed me after 1 month. Although I was hired but the process is tedious. Specially not all gets the opportunity as a teaching assistant in masters degree.

Interview Questions

• They did not ask me any question. However the GRE score and the Statement of Purpose was important   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

Interview

it was ok. did a phone interview and then in person . then a made me an offer 2 weeks later. asked me about accounting transactions. did a back ground check, etc.

Application

Interview

The first step was the completion of the UALR online application process,
    After review I was contacted by the assistant for an interview with the Program Associate Director,
    After 2/3 days, I was contacted by the Associate Director and asked to come in to meet the Program Director,
    After meeting with the Progam Director, they checked my background/references and later extended me an offer of employment.

Interview Questions

• What will my strategy be in developing a recruitment plan for prospective students.   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Arkansas at Little Rock (Little Rock, AR) in August 2014.

Interview

Follow the online application process step by step to get your application accepted and then come to the campus earlier than expected and meet with the proffessors if you can get some appointments with them and meet them on time to explain your areas of interest for the research.

Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

Interview

Panel interview with everyone in the office (it was a small office) and asked all the "normal" interview questions. Whole process took about forty minutes. I received the offer within about a week. Quite easy and nice people.

Interview Questions

• If you could live by the ocean, lake, or river, which would you pick and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told this is the deal - take it or don't.

Visiting Assistant Professor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at University of Arkansas at Little Rock in October 2013.

Interview

They interview initially at the FMA conference and then shortlist the candidates for campus visits. They usually have a one and a half day campus vist and let you know of the decision within a week's time

Interview Questions

• What will your reaction be if a student abruptly disrupts you in class   Answer Question

Location was a factor for me

Adjunct Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Arkansas at Little Rock (Little Rock, AR) in June 2013.

Interview

It was a formal interview with the program director who asked typical questions about my education, background, and pedagogy. It was a positive experience that focused on strategies for aiding student development, technology requirements, motivation for teaching and learning, and university and department policies and procedures.

Project/Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Arkansas at Little Rock (Little Rock, AR) in May 2012.

Interview

I just went in the room with Supervisor of Systems/Network group at the time, and was just asked questions about my skills. It was only about 30 minutes. You need to have experience setting up servers, installing operating systems (Windows and RHEL Enterprise Linux), setting up RAID, installing virus protection. You have to spec out server/computer purchases for departments on campus, and do paperwork required for purchases on campus. Unlock user accounts or set up user accounts. Helpful to know PERL language.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever done Windows Server Administration and worked with Active Directory? Have you ever set up servers? What types of servers? Set up RAID on servers? Do you know any scripting languages? Do you have experience with Exchange Server/Email Servers?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiation. They could only offer a set salary at the time. If you are applying after June, you have a better chance at negotiation, because this is the start of their new fiscal year.

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Arkansas at Little Rock (Little Rock, AR) in July 2011.

Interview

Very simple and professional questions were asked in the ability to perform services. Meet with the coordinator whom was very friendly and to the point on how things will work and what is to be done .

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have?   1 Answer