University of Auckland Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Auckland Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.2

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Auckland.

Interview

I was invited into the role after spending a lot of time hanging around the department, talking to lecturers and tutors and generally getting involved with events in the department. I was offered the job with no formal interview

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Auckland (Auckland (New Zealand)).

Interview

Interview process was easy, but I was called to a different campus than where classes were to be held. I sent my CV via email and they screened it out of maybe 40 odd applications. They said they would call me by the evening indicating whether I get the job or not, but I did not receive any response to my follow up emails or calls, which was a bit odd I guess.

Interview Questions

• General questions were asked like what are your interests and why would you be interested in teaching. Are you okay checking exam papers if you're not selected for tutorship.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Auckland (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of two rounds. The first round was one to one while in the second round there was panel of two professors.The first round was mostly centered on behavioral and past projects. The second round had loads of technical grounds to cover on.

Interview Questions

• They asked loads of questions on Image Processing, Signal Processing, App Development and also about my Masters Thesis.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was nothing to negotiate. The offer was straight forward and I happily accepted it.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Auckland (Auckland (New Zealand)) in March 2016.

Interview

There wasn't really an interview for my department (Science), you just had to have a high GPA - probably above 7.5 and someone gives you an email invitation to apply for the role

Next you're asked to input the hours you're free to work, which roles you'd prefer to work (Lab demonstrator, marker etc) and the papers you can teach.

That's about it, although we were told that getting this invitation doesn't guarantee a role - it really depends on the demand of each paper. After that it was silence on their end until I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What hours are you free to work?
      Which papers are you able to teach?
      Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Auckland (Auckland (New Zealand)) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview panel of 4 people. Behavioural Questioning approach. Each person on the panel had their list of questions to ask. The interview was one hour long. They wanted in-depth answers but there was insufficient time for great depth, considering the number of questions asked.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Auckland (Auckland (New Zealand)) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview was conducted by 2 people, it lasted about 20 minutes long. They asked pretty basic questions, such as tell us something about yourself, can you multi-task and can you handle angry customers.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer was angry?   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Auckland (Auckland (New Zealand)) in February 2015.

Interview

that is a quite easy interview. I applied online and wait two weeks to interview in person. ask me some technique questions and behavior questions. after another 1 week, I got the offer. I think it was a quite efficient recruiting process.

Interview Questions

• some data structure questions like linked list, binary tree traversal, and reversion   Answer Question

Prospect Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Auckland (Auckland (New Zealand)) in October 2014.

Interview

An online application was required. I waited several weeks and had assumed I was unsuccessful before being called for an interview.

The panel was teo people who were professional and friendly. A positive experience.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Auckland (Auckland (New Zealand)) in October 2014.

Interview

At first I worked as an intern during my final semester at university. I was offered a paid position after completing the internship and expressing my interest in continuing the research. There was no formal interview process per se because my supervisor already knew how I worked and what I was capable of from the internship.

Part I Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Auckland.

Interview

Online application, based on minimum GPA of about 6. Previous tutoring experience is essential, either at the University or outside of University. Applicants with higher grades generally favoured. Can apply for first or second semester, generally civil/engsci students preferred first semester and software/electrical/chemmat preferred second semester due to papers taught each semester

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negiotiation, fixed rate