University of Brighton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 3, 2017

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Brighton

Interim Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at University of Brighton (Brighton, England (UK)).

Interview

Shambolic, disorganised and incredibly unprofessional. Some lovely people there, but their approach is shocking. No reception staff on duty so no one to meet candidates or give them updates on delays. Candidates all crowded into the corner of a vast open plan office on 2 sofas all facing each other. Writing test done in very noisy open plan area on barely functioning, slow laptop. Zero information on interview format beforehand despite asking several times. No info on what tech available (none!) but expected to present anyway with no access to power. Appalling main interview with senior member of team. I would never work there and relayed this back to agency.

Interview Questions

• To talk about a project I had designed and managed.   1 Answer

SharePoint Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at University of Brighton (Brighton, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

well, i was lucky. i networked with a key member during an event. Attended the interview - knew their issues and was escorted around the workplace by a now colleague. interview was with the top boss, my future manager and a colleague. went well. was a bit hot, and needed water but there you go. these folk knew how to run an interview.

Interview Questions

• so what are your thoughts on providing a SharePoint instance for students?   1 Answer

Research Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Brighton (Brighton, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview with my potential Professor and Supervisor. About 20 mins, in Professor's office. I saw the advert from the Uni's website. Both of them were very friendly and smiley. They asked me about my grades and my backround. They saw my diploma and asked me if I knew some specific software

Student Support Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Brighton (Brighton, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

Straightforward and easy, just submitted an online application with my CV and cover letter as I had just landed in the UK and was in the process of acquiring my NI and applied for part times to supplement my monetary needs.

Interview Questions

• I was given a typing test as the role required fast note taking ability. That was done in 15 minutes following which I was interviewed by 2 members of staff both women who asked questions in an effusive and friendly manner thus making me comfortable.
      Was asked about previous experience in the care of differently abled and my availability as a part time student.
      1 Answer