University of Bristol Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Bristol Interview Questions

Updated Oct 5, 2017

2.9

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Bristol in June 2017.

Interview

I applied through the University website in March. I didn't hear anything from the University until mid-June, when I was offered an interview with Hiatt Baker. I was not in Bristol at the time, so they offered to do a Skype interview. Admin made a mistake and did not give me a time for the interview, so I was unable to prepare for it. With 5 minutes notice, I conducted the interview with the Warden and deputy Warden. They were very friendly and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond in this scenario?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any special skills or hobbies which you could bring to the halls and conduct with the students?   Answer Question

Lecturer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Bristol.

Interview

Varies by Department. Expect to talk about research for 40-50min to colleagues and graduates, then expect to give teaching example lecture to undergraduates. Then a full interview with a panel.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Bristol (Bristol, England (UK)).

Interview

3 part interview. Comprising of a short test on priorities and basic mathematics.
    A formal competency based interview lasting around 30 mins.
    Then final a informal chat with two of the current staff.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you worked to meet deadlines?
      Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

PhD Interview

Interview

I send an application follows the instructions online, got an interview via skype with some members of the School and then with my potential supervisor. After that (it happened in a couple of days) they sent me an offer by email and then I followed the process described in the email to accept the offer.

Interview Questions

• What would you teach to 1st year undergraduate during the tutorial if you were got some spare hours?   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Bristol in March 2017.

Interview

mainly is about the knowledge of a specific area, you need to give explanation of what you are doing at the moment and what are you going to do for your PhD study

Interview Questions

• why are you going to apply the PhD in this specifc area   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Bristol (Bristol, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

You apply online and if you are shortlisted you are invited to attend an interview. In the beginning, they said that I would have to take a test, but they decided against it. A panel of three people leading the project interviewed me. It lasted around half an hour. The questions were very easy.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to pursue a career in this area?
      What are you currently doing?
      What did you do in your year off between BSc and Msc?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Bristol (Bristol, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Apply online, invitation for interview came after around two months. Fly there, give a presentation and then an interview. Organisation nice in general. Got transportation and hotel refunded after two months.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Bristol in July 2016.

Interview

I've applied for the position using the university website. They contacted me 1 week after the deadline to arrange a face to face interview. The interview process was easy (no many technical questions). I had to prepare a ppt presentation in my previous work.

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Bristol (Bristol, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an invitation to the interview about a week after the closing date. The interview was informal and the interview panel was very knowledgeable in the field. There were few "traditional" interview questions: they mostly asked specific questions about my background and how my experience had prepared me for the job. Travel expenses were reimbursed by the university.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what methods I would use to reach the goals in the job description.   Answer Question

Undergraduate Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Bristol (Bristol, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

The process began with a thirty minute skills test, the first fifteen were a task priority selection and the following fifteen were an Excel test, which required advanced skills.
    This was followed by a thirty minute panel interview with three members of staff. The common interview questions were asked, "Tell me a time when......"
    It was a positive experience, and, although I was unsuccessful, I recieved some very detailed, helpful feedback and a positive critique.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you successfully completed a project.   Answer Question