University of Bristol Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Bristol Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Bristol (Bristol, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

You apply online and if you are shortlisted you are invited to attend an interview. In the beginning, they said that I would have to take a test, but they decided against it. A panel of three people leading the project interviewed me. It lasted around half an hour. The questions were very easy.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to pursue a career in this area?
      What are you currently doing?
      What did you do in your year off between BSc and Msc?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Bristol (Bristol, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Apply online, invitation for interview came after around two months. Fly there, give a presentation and then an interview. Organisation nice in general. Got transportation and hotel refunded after two months.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Bristol in July 2016.

Interview

I've applied for the position using the university website. They contacted me 1 week after the deadline to arrange a face to face interview. The interview process was easy (no many technical questions). I had to prepare a ppt presentation in my previous work.

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Bristol (Bristol, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an invitation to the interview about a week after the closing date. The interview was informal and the interview panel was very knowledgeable in the field. There were few "traditional" interview questions: they mostly asked specific questions about my background and how my experience had prepared me for the job. Travel expenses were reimbursed by the university.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what methods I would use to reach the goals in the job description.   Answer Question

Undergraduate Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Bristol (Bristol, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

The process began with a thirty minute skills test, the first fifteen were a task priority selection and the following fifteen were an Excel test, which required advanced skills.
    This was followed by a thirty minute panel interview with three members of staff. The common interview questions were asked, "Tell me a time when......"
    It was a positive experience, and, although I was unsuccessful, I recieved some very detailed, helpful feedback and a positive critique.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you successfully completed a project.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Bristol (Bristol, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

After the original application, I got a Phone interview, then a Skype interview. After this, I got an offer and a proposal idea to submit a Fellowship application. At last, 3 months later, I visited the city for a face-to-face interview.

Hiatt Baker Senior Resident Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Bristol (Bristol, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

Firstly was met on site by the Deputy Warden and guided to the interview room within Hiatt Baker, where the warden introduced himself. I was then asked about my day, was made to feel very welcome, quite an informal interview.
    Interview lasted around an hour and a half and ended on a fairly high note. It was my second interview for the University so I had practised and was lucky enough to get a second interview at another hall of residence.

applicants expected to have experience in caring roles or demonstrate caring side and practical emergency experience.

Student In Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Bristol (Bristol, England (UK)) in September 2013.

Interview

Panel members will receive an e-mail from your HR Faculty/ Divisional Team entitled Interview - schedule to panel, which will provide full details of the interview and selection process and direct panel members to the actions outlined here. The e-mail will include a link to a single PDF document containing the applications for the interview candidates.

Interview Questions

• what makes you apply to UOB ?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Bristol (Bristol, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied for position via job advert. Sent CV and covering letter via email. I was contacted several weeks later and asked to come in for an interview. I was interviewed by 3 members of staff; line manager, software developer, and HR representative. Interview consisted of standard interview questions related to previous experience with no particularly tricky questions. Was given 10 minutes to complete a practical SQL task on paper while the interviewers left the room. On return I was asked to explain my solution to the SQL task. I was phoned a week later to be offered the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate. Communication regarding contracts and start date was not good. Contract took several weeks to come through.

Peer Mentor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Bristol (Bristol, England (UK)) in June 2013.

Interview

Application form sent online, received interview via email - booked in date that was suitable for me. Interview was with 9 other students. We were put into groups of 3 and were given ethical scenarios and had to discuss how we would deal with them. We were also told to write down a list of typical type of student that might require mentoring.

Interview Questions

• 2 or 3 ethical scenarios answered as a group   1 Answer