University of British Columbia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of British Columbia Interview Questions

Updated Sep 30, 2016

2.8

Student Info Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of British Columbia in September 2016.

Interview

It was a panel interview with the school director, administrator, and 3 chairperson. About 9 questions were asked and I felt unprepared for all questions, probably because it was my first interview with such a big university.

Each person asked about one to two questions. Most of the questions are behavioural questions. The school administrator was in charge of HR and therefore questions from that person were more challenging.

Questions were both practical and behavioural.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to keep work confidentiality if you are working in an environment that is not private?   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone interview and a pre-screening. Sent me an email requesting a phone time for a few quick questions for a short-list process. Asked me why at this point I'm applying for the job and asked me how I would qualify for this job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you would qualify for this job   1 Answer

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

3 hour interview, was long, easy, simple, didn't get to meeting every hiring person, still calm and no too intimidating at all, had to plan what a day in life as a tour guide would be in vancouver

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was approximately one hour in length and there were 4 individuals evaluating me. Mostly classic behavioural questions required you give an example when you were in a specific situation and the reaction you took and what the outcome was. Along with some technical questions. Also discussed job conditions and general requirements

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of you handled difficult individuals?   Answer Question

Marketing Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in December 2014.

Interview

I first received an email to set up a phone interview. They were very accommodating and flexible and even asked me to suggest a couple of times that would best suit me. I found the interview a bit tough over the phone because there were two people asking questions and I'm much more comfortable face to face. They asked the usual icebreaker 'Tell me about yourself' and other fairly straightforward screening questions. The second interview included doing a writing 'test'.

Records Management Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2014.

Interview

It was a very lengthy process with four people in the interview room and whole lot of complicated and long questions. The interview is difficult but I learnt later that it's university policy to ask these long winded questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are a good fit for the job? The questions were so long I can even remember   1 Answer

Research Technician Interview

Interview

professional, good structure, offer to provide information about experience, skills and qualifications, department representation and human resources, questions about work related pressures and on the job performance, future plans and goals, former employer, experience

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in October 2013.

Interview

Initial communication was positive. The interview was a panel format, and it did not appear that the interviewers were very well prepared in terms of either describing the requirements of the position, nor having made anything more than a cursory review of my resume.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was what a comprehensive business plan might include.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of British Columbia.

Interview

a lot of questions about everything ranging from how the internet works to what you should do when your boss asks for something impossible

Peer Mentor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kelowna, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Kelowna, BC (Canada)) in May 2011.

Interview

After applied, I recieved an email to have a face to face interview. As I was out of the country they accomodated a Skype interview. Questions were pretty straight forward, behavioral and non technical. Super relaxed.