University of British Columbia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of British Columbia Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2017

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intermediate Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of British Columbia.

Interview

Submitted resume online and had interview with 4 senior designers / art directors. Very standard behaviour questions and asked a lot of past relevant experience and portfolio. They made me comfortable and show me around the office after the interview

Interview Questions

• What's your design style? Walk me through your experience and portfolio   Answer Question

Career Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

The interview was 90 mins with a panel and included questions and behavioral questions and task. The panel was thorough in their questioning. The interview would rate as being moderate to difficult.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted a few days after the closing date, and asked to interview the next week. Interview was run by four employees, taking turns asking questions, and lasted approximately 90 minutes. Most questions were very specific, but all related to the skills and duties that would be required in the role. I found them to be very fair.

Human Resources Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

The first step was a video interview on an online platform - a bit intimidating at first, but really not too bad. After the video interview was reviewed, I had a quick phone meeting with a member of the recruiting team to set an appointment for a live interview. The interview was with the Manager and Recruitment Manager, followed by a meeting with key stakeholders in the portfolio assigned to the role.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you had to work with a difficult stakeholder. How did you work together? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Quick phone screening interview, followed by in person interview. Mostly behavioral interview questions. Most questions were fairly generic and there was an HR manager as well as HR coordinator who was leaving.

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance where you had to interview a position that is higher than you. What questions have you asked?   Answer Question

Student Info Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of British Columbia in September 2016.

Interview

It was a panel interview with the school director, administrator, and 3 chairperson. About 9 questions were asked and I felt unprepared for all questions, probably because it was my first interview with such a big university.

Each person asked about one to two questions. Most of the questions are behavioural questions. The school administrator was in charge of HR and therefore questions from that person were more challenging.

Questions were both practical and behavioural.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to keep work confidentiality if you are working in an environment that is not private?   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone interview and a pre-screening. Sent me an email requesting a phone time for a few quick questions for a short-list process. Asked me why at this point I'm applying for the job and asked me how I would qualify for this job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you would qualify for this job   1 Answer

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

3 hour interview, was long, easy, simple, didn't get to meeting every hiring person, still calm and no too intimidating at all, had to plan what a day in life as a tour guide would be in vancouver

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was approximately one hour in length and there were 4 individuals evaluating me. Mostly classic behavioural questions required you give an example when you were in a specific situation and the reaction you took and what the outcome was. Along with some technical questions. Also discussed job conditions and general requirements

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of you handled difficult individuals?   Answer Question

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online to UBC website. Long wait time, had the interview request after several weeks. The interview was a panel discussion that lasted about 45 minutes. Asked much of the common expected questions. The interviewers were very friendly and helpful.