University of British Columbia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2017

2.7

127 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Laboratory Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of British Columbia.

Interview

I was interviewed by a panel of 3 scientist. I was asked a series of technical questions related to the research project. I was asked to give a detailed explanation of PCR, qPCR etc.. The usual behavioral questions were also brought up...give an example of a challenge you overcame etc.. Fairly easy overall.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a mistake that you made and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Another job offer was more appealing.

Intermediate Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of British Columbia.

Interview

Submitted resume online and had interview with 4 senior designers / art directors. Very standard behaviour questions and asked a lot of past relevant experience and portfolio. They made me comfortable and show me around the office after the interview

Interview Questions

• What's your design style? Walk me through your experience and portfolio   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Meet the PI, discuss projects and interests, work ethics, past experiences, test on knowledge using general questions and quiz. Meet the members of the PI labs, social activity such lunch.

Interview Questions

• What is your interest in chemistry, how to you see your future   1 Answer

Finance Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

Be interviewed by two ladies in the meeting room of research finance. Asked several question about basic accounting question. The tricky part is the in basket test which include Excel stills, analysis and scenario analysis. The excel part was easy. For the analysis, I had no idea what the report they provided to me means. It was a internal report or analysis structure with no explanation, and they expect me to answer 10 questions. I totally failed.

Career Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

The interview was 90 mins with a panel and included questions and behavioral questions and task. The panel was thorough in their questioning. The interview would rate as being moderate to difficult.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted a few days after the closing date, and asked to interview the next week. Interview was run by four employees, taking turns asking questions, and lasted approximately 90 minutes. Most questions were very specific, but all related to the skills and duties that would be required in the role. I found them to be very fair.

Asian Library Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Asking questions about my resume, like my previous job and how I think I'm a good fit for this job. Then tell me some requirement about this job and ask me if I can handle different situations during work. This is intended to test if I read their job description carefully

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are a careful and detail-oriented person?   1 Answer

Interview

Emailed the prof 4 times without any responses! Got contacted by the prof after the 5th email! It mostly depends on if the prof has funding to hire grad students! If you think you are a good match keep emailing. or maybe call the prof.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

I was interviewed in person after a scrrening of my CV, but a skype interview it was also possible. They asked me to talk about my previous research experience and my future idea. I present my work to the group.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to present my job to the research group 3 days before   Answer Question

Human Resources Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

The first step was a video interview on an online platform - a bit intimidating at first, but really not too bad. After the video interview was reviewed, I had a quick phone meeting with a member of the recruiting team to set an appointment for a live interview. The interview was with the Manager and Recruitment Manager, followed by a meeting with key stakeholders in the portfolio assigned to the role.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you had to work with a difficult stakeholder. How did you work together? What was the outcome?   Answer Question