University of British Columbia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of British Columbia Interview Questions

Updated Nov 21, 2017

2.6

Student Info Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of British Columbia in September 2016.

Interview

It was a panel interview with the school director, administrator, and 3 chairperson. About 9 questions were asked and I felt unprepared for all questions, probably because it was my first interview with such a big university.

Each person asked about one to two questions. Most of the questions are behavioural questions. The school administrator was in charge of HR and therefore questions from that person were more challenging.

Questions were both practical and behavioural.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to keep work confidentiality if you are working in an environment that is not private?   Answer Question

Finance Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

Be interviewed by two ladies in the meeting room of research finance. Asked several question about basic accounting question. The tricky part is the in basket test which include Excel stills, analysis and scenario analysis. The excel part was easy. For the analysis, I had no idea what the report they provided to me means. It was a internal report or analysis structure with no explanation, and they expect me to answer 10 questions. I totally failed.

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Meet the PI, discuss projects and interests, work ethics, past experiences, test on knowledge using general questions and quiz. Meet the members of the PI labs, social activity such lunch.

Interview Questions

• What is your interest in chemistry, how to you see your future   1 Answer

Career Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

The interview was 90 mins with a panel and included questions and behavioral questions and task. The panel was thorough in their questioning. The interview would rate as being moderate to difficult.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Quick phone screening interview, followed by in person interview. Mostly behavioral interview questions. Most questions were fairly generic and there was an HR manager as well as HR coordinator who was leaving.

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance where you had to interview a position that is higher than you. What questions have you asked?   Answer Question

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in August 2012.

Interview

Phone screening, second extensive interview with behavioural based questions, scenario questions and a presentation. 3 panelists. The interview was about 2 hours long and there were a lot of probing questions. Second phone conversation to discuss more about the job before the decision was made.

Overall, the interview was tough but fair and gave a good chance to get to know the interviewers and share my vision and personality.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to work with stakeholders on a project. How did you identify the stakeholders and get them on side to achieve the goal?   Answer Question

Records Management Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2014.

Interview

It was a very lengthy process with four people in the interview room and whole lot of complicated and long questions. The interview is difficult but I learnt later that it's university policy to ask these long winded questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are a good fit for the job? The questions were so long I can even remember   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2013.

Interview

This was for a summer research assistantship at a laboratory. There were two interviewers (research associate and research coordinator) who conducted the interview. I was a full-time student at the time, and they asked general interview questions related to my research experience, school and community involvement, and academic life. The hiring managers called my references by phone after the interview. It took them quite awhile to make a decision - about three weeks.

Residence Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of British Columbia.

Interview

The application opens in late December/ beginning of January, and interviews happen at the end of January- February, and acceptances early march. Interview consisted of groups of 10, we had a group interview which consisted of several stations. One station to build a puzzle as a team and an event planning station.

Interview Questions

• Building a puzzle and being asked what you could have done better   Answer Question

Finance Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of British Columbia in January 2014.

Interview

1 1/2 hour interview with 3 panel interviewer ask 5question each. Behavioural based questions. For example, describe the time when you have a conflict with your supervisor and how to resolve this conflict.

Interview Questions

• No specific question was difficult. But there was a numerical reading test and basic counting knowledge question with in-house excel files   Answer Question

Negotiation

non-negitiable