University of British Columbia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of British Columbia Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2017

2.7

Career Educator Interview

Interview

Networking helped me learn more about a short term, temporary, opportunity.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of British Columbia.

Interview

Consisted of a one-on-one interview with the professor for around 30 minutes. Asked about relevant experience and expectations of the job.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Interview

Most positions at the University of British Columbia are union positions and, as such, priority is given to individuals who already work at UBC. Once they have gone through any internal applications, they will start considering external applicants. They will do an in person interview, usually with a small panel of interviewers from the department that posted the job ad.

Senior Invigilator Interview

Interview

there is no interview or standardized hiring process. The coordinator makes a judgement, sometimes in consultation with other senior invigilators, as to who should be promoted from the regular invigilator staff. There are no criteria specified. Invigilators are not asked. There are no performance reviews. It is a very haphazard situation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

THere was none. You either accepted the conditions or you did not.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of British Columbia.

Interview

Submitted my CV to the group manager, received an email to schedule a telephone interview (I was in another country), 20 mins of telephone interview with two profs, some technical and some HR based question. Received an offer after about a week.

Web Developer Interview

Application

Interview

a lot of questions about everything ranging from how the internet works to what you should do when your boss asks for something impossible

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Applied for the job and submitted a CV, but the whole process was based on the recommendation of a prof. This happened in the UBC Faculty of Medicine.

Negotiation

Did not negotiate. The rate is fixed.

Research Technician Interview

Interview

professional, good structure, offer to provide information about experience, skills and qualifications, department representation and human resources, questions about work related pressures and on the job performance, future plans and goals, former employer, experience

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Applied with undergraduate academic transcript, resume and personal statement. Sent email to supervisor after I submitted the application to the ECE department of UBC. Then I received email from a professor, he decided to give me an offer, I accepted it!

Interview Questions

Interview

No phone interview, just email contacts between me and the professor. Discussed a few things about thesis and current work. Also talked about the future plan after graduation. I think it depends on which professor's group you are applying. Some may just take a look at your CV and publication. Some may give a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the salary expectation. It is difficult for a student to decide since we are also doing our study when working as a research assistant.   Answer Question