University of British Columbia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.6

Vice President IRSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

3 rounds: First an online form, followed by a skype call and then an in person interview. First two rounds are easy, in person interview questions get you thinking on your feet.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us? What can you bring to the table?
      Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Human Resources Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

The first step was a video interview on an online platform - a bit intimidating at first, but really not too bad. After the video interview was reviewed, I had a quick phone meeting with a member of the recruiting team to set an appointment for a live interview. The interview was with the Manager and Recruitment Manager, followed by a meeting with key stakeholders in the portfolio assigned to the role.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you had to work with a difficult stakeholder. How did you work together? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Career Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

The interview was 90 mins with a panel and included questions and behavioral questions and task. The panel was thorough in their questioning. The interview would rate as being moderate to difficult.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted a few days after the closing date, and asked to interview the next week. Interview was run by four employees, taking turns asking questions, and lasted approximately 90 minutes. Most questions were very specific, but all related to the skills and duties that would be required in the role. I found them to be very fair.

TA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in December 2015.

Interview

Approach your prof at the end of the semester and tell him how you have enjoyed the course and you need a work experience. Then, he will send you a list of required documents to submit. Also, you will hear from the department regarding the SIN and study permit.

Co-Op Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online via Co-op, notified of interview through Co-op Coordinators & set up time through them. Interviewed at VGH and there were two interviewers. They took turns asking questions, both were really nice and genuinely wanted to get to know me

MASc In Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

After submitting my online application, my supervisor emailed me to talk about the project. He introduced the project and wanted to know if I was interested. After making my decision a few days later, I contacted him. The official acceptance letter came few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Questions were directed towards my projects in undergraduate studies, and regarding my interest towards the new research topic.   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview was fairly straightforward. Most of the questions were related with my research experience and their applicability to the job I was applying. I visited the lab and met with all the people working there. The purpose of this exercise to was to see if the candidate is going to fit in the lab culture.

Interview Questions

• What are the values you can bring to the research team?   Answer Question

Asian Library Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Asking questions about my resume, like my previous job and how I think I'm a good fit for this job. Then tell me some requirement about this job and ask me if I can handle different situations during work. This is intended to test if I read their job description carefully

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are a careful and detail-oriented person?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

I was first asked to take a skills test which included Word, Excel and Outlook. I was then brought into a room with 2 interviewers who took turns in asking interview question. They were fairly standard questions and they were very polite and courteous interviewers.