University of British Columbia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 6, 2017

2.6

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

3 hour interview, was long, easy, simple, didn't get to meeting every hiring person, still calm and no too intimidating at all, had to plan what a day in life as a tour guide would be in vancouver

User Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

One interview over the phone
    One interview in person to go over my experience
    One interview to show portfolio and technical assessment.

They tried to involve different people in each of the interviews.

Interview Questions

• tell me a situation where you had to design something you felt didn't solve the problem?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiating anything.

Occupational and Research Safety Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Was asked to prepare a short presentation on safety topic of their choosing (safety culture). I only had two days to prepare the presentation
    After giving presentation to panel of 3 individuals, two managers and the persons who's role i'd be taking over, a traditional interview followed. Both technical and situational questions were asked. Entire interview lasted an hour.

Interview Questions

• What are the differences between WHMIS and the new GHS system?
      Describe the hierarchy of controls for fall protection.
      Are their any type of people you just can't work with?
      Answer Question

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was approximately one hour in length and there were 4 individuals evaluating me. Mostly classic behavioural questions required you give an example when you were in a specific situation and the reaction you took and what the outcome was. Along with some technical questions. Also discussed job conditions and general requirements

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of you handled difficult individuals?   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

it was fair. it did not get much time. the employer asked some questions regarding the researches that I had previously done. I described my interests and what I am mostly inspired of. then he asked some question about my other experiences such as my internship. I descsribed my work during the summer in one of the companies that I had previously attend. the employer acts really friendly and I was really comfortable during the meeting.

Worklearn Interview

Application

Interview

very typical as you would expect, not that formal, but interviews are usually done with 2 people. they will ask you whether or not you know anything about the department or whatever position you're applying for (the goals and values). so research is needed.

Interview Questions

• the typical why do you want this job? and bunch of behavioural questions and what ifs. also asked about your faults and if you ever messed up, etc   Answer Question

Residence Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

Online application, and then considered applicants will get an email regarding a sign up for an interview slot for the carousel process (a unique experience but definitely learned a lot). The interview is usually 2 on 1, so it may seem overwhelming but don't worry too much.

Narrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of British Columbia.

Interview

First, one is called for a test audio recording . One is hired according to recording' quality. There are no interview questions, except when one is able to start and if they are entitled to work in Canada..

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

Apply online then they contact you to answer a series of behavioural question scenarios through video responses. At which point they tell you they will be in contact if you go through to the next step which is face to face interview and computer testing. Basically it's like a short term contract staffing agency for ubc dept. staff is nice but they seem to have turnover there too.

Interview Questions

• What would you do
      If you feel like an employee needs more training?
      Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of British Columbia.

Interview

Applied posting as advertised on university's job site, received an email shortly after (probably because the position was to start quite soon). It was for a position I was already trained in so it was pretty easy.