University of British Columbia Programme Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of British Columbia Programme Assistant Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Programme Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2010.

Interview

First interview with two managers from the team and one other staff member. Standard behavioral type questions. 2 Days later a second interview with one of the same managers, and two others from the team. An "in basket" test was also given - I was placed at a computer in the office and had to answer some questions/use some data. Basically they want to see samples of your writing as the position was heavily email based. I received a phone call offer the next day from HR person who had not been at any interviews. Prior communication had been via email with the office's receptionist.

Interview Questions

• Imagine that you had 60 seconds to make your last pitch to us about why we should hire you. What would you say?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was only able to negotiate the start date - they wanted me to start right away (in 2 days) I asked to start the following week. The position was unionized so there was no possibility to negotiate any other aspect.