University of Calgary Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

53 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I met with a PI and one of the current project managers. The interview process was smooth and the staff were friendly. I was told that there was an internal candidate already being considered at the beginning of the beginning of the interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked about previous project management experience and future career goals   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Calgary (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview took about 45 minutes. It started with some general questions, such as "tell us about yourself", then they asked about behavioral questions. It was just a question after another question, you didn't feel engaging. Finally the interview was wrapped up with salary expectation and inviting questions. In general it was a very standard interview.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Calgary (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied through the University portal for jobs, Careerlink, at the Engineering Career Centre. They sent a mass email with more questions regarding availability, how I would contribute to the student experience, and my goals. I was selected for an interview with two interviewers where they asked behavioral questions for about 45 minutes. They called me for accepting the job offer later that day.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a situation where a co-worker/ friend/ family asked you confidential information that you weren't willing to share?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Calgary (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

applied for the job few weeks back, received a call from office administrator wanting to set up an interview. very surprised it was a panel interview! interviewers printed off interview questions from internet, made minimal eye contact when reading directly off the questions. anytime i answered a question, an interviewer would try to make eye contact with a fellow interviewer. very odd movement

Interview Questions

• If you had to help the vice president, colleague, or patient; whom would you help first and why?   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Calgary (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Basic technical questions.
    Analysing the truss and asking about diffrent comouter program software and courses i had before.
    Some behavioural questions.
    First interview was on skype with one of the super viaors which was close to 30 min length. The second one was in person with department head and the professor that i worked with. The overal interview was easy and you could find moat of the questions online.

Business Intelligence Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Calgary (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by two individuals from two separate departments. Questions were general - usual behavioral questions. They had paper and taking notes on questions answered. Instant feedback after the interview. SOme personal questions such as are you married, I guess it was to know relocation possibilties.

Interview Questions

• Tell about yourself, how you have managed team or a diffcult person   Answer Question

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Calgary (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online through the university website. There was no confirmation that my application was accepted. In a few days received a call to come for an interview in one week. It lasted 30 minutes, and was done by two people (direct managers, not HR). Decision was communicated through the email 5 days later.

Interview Questions

• Describe previous work experience, detailed questions about the previous research topics, describe skills, career goals, why want the job, etc.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Calgary (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Was contacted to interview, First interview was with immediate management, went well, however they were reading almost exclusively off an interview questionnaire, so very little eye contact or organic conversation. Second interview was with potential Faculty staff to be supported in role, went much the same.

Interview Questions

• Typical Interview questions, dealing with stress, competing priorities, etc...   Answer Question

Marketing Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at University of Calgary (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Telephone screening interview. Two in-person interviews.

Three panel interview. They seemed a bit too serious which may indicate the culture.

I didn't hear from them for a few days after and followed up at the one-week mark to be informed they pursued someone else.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay abreast of current marketing trends?   Answer Question
    • In a centralized role, how do you work with decentralized resources to ensure brand consistency?   Answer Question
    • Describe your approach to developing an integrated marketing communications plan.   Answer Question
    • What is your biggest marketing accomplishment?   Answer Question
    • How do you set goals for yourself and follow a plan to maintain them.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Calgary (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview, they asked very common questions, greatest strengths, weaknesses, etc. they looked very busy, seems not prepared what to ask ...then I got email offer... it's a panel, while the HR didn't ask anything, most of the questions asked by the manager. the supervisors asked tech questions