University of California Berkeley Interview Questions in Berkeley, CA | Glassdoor

University of California Berkeley Interview Questions in Berkeley, CA

Updated Mar 17, 2017

2.5

Recruitment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Met with 6 interviewers who asked standard questions they had prewritten, very basic HR, very uncreative. left the interview feeling less excited by the lack of innovation in the interview, and felt the interviewers were robotic.

They said they'd get back to me in a week, but I had to wait a month to get any feedback after trying to contact the lead recruiter every week. I ended up being very unimpressed with the process, and felt glad I didn't move forward with a company that doesn't respect the interview process. It's clear they are unorganized and don't care about entry level employees. They can blame it on process (as a government entity) but it felt very unprofessional. I've experienced much better interviews many other places, and it's clear their process needs work.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay organized? how do you manage multiple projects?   Answer Question

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I submitted a resume and cover letter through the UC Berkeley jobs website. The first time I tried to submit the application, it didn't go through. I knew it didn't go through b/c I got a confirmation e-mail that said "We got your application for the following position..." and then the rest of the e-mail body was blank. The second time I submitted my application, I submitted it successfully. I got an e-mail the next week asking for a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a bit about yourself and why you applied for this position?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me where you see yourself, career wise, in a few years?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me about your experience working with various sensors?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had to troubleshoot a sensor you installed?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Initial interview was done as a video self-interview - record yourself answering questions. Next is a panel interview with 6 other people for an hour. There is a coordinator that is a primary contact and sits in the interview panel. Overall it was a well-coordinated process.

Interview Questions

• General questions about work experience, what was done, how it was done, and technical questions. Questions such as tell us about your experience in financial systems, software, tell us a time when something didn't turn out as expected, mistakes encountered and so forth.   1 Answer

Admissions Reader Haas School of Business Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

First I spoke with someone currently doing the job. Then I went into the office to be interviewed by the position manager. We discussed my background, the position and the school, then discussed some approaches to doing the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe the culture of Haas? How would you identify candidates who would best fit the culture?   Answer Question

Writer/Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I was asked via email to provide 2-3 writing samples, then invited in to speak in person with the communications director and the assistant director. We talked for about an hour, and a few days later I returned for an hour-long group interview with a couple of additional communications staff members as well as an academic researcher/director.

Interview Questions

• What specific subject areas I had experience writing about. What audiences I had the most experience writing for; how I'd feel about writing for a different set of audiences.   1 Answer

Statistical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

The professor will ask you whether you have certain experience of statistics. If you have then you can be as consultant It is a very good experience I like it so much

Interview Questions

• Have you learned regression before   1 Answer

Negotiation

It is great

Crowdfunding Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone with the hiring manager. It lasted about 30 minutes and I was asked questions about my work history and education. The second interview was over the phone with their crowdfunding consultant. He was very knowledgable and asked a lot of great challenging questions.

The 3nd and final interview was a panel interview with 4 people from the department. They have a list of 9 questions. In the spirit of fairness, they told me that they could not veer from the provided questions.

While I didn't get offered the position, it was a very positive experience. The folks at Berkeley were very accommodating throughout the process.

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview-- brief and pleasant
    Questionnaire--long and arduous
    Panel interview, up to 5 people.
    The HR team only wants to do one interview-- so very typical questions. However, one would expect that after an interview, some type of notification would be sent to the applicants that were interviewed. 3 weeks and no word. A failing process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when a project did not go as planned. What did you learn what would you do differently.
      Describe a difficult employee relations issue you had to deal with
      Answer Question

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

One phone interview and one in person interview with two interviewers. It was pretty chilling experience since the interviewers are really nice and welcoming. I applied it online through college program for this position. A week later, I received an email saying they would like to have me for phone interview. The phone interview only took about 10 minutes. Three hours after my phone interview, I received a phone call that they want me to have an interview with me in person.

Interview Questions

• 1.Describe the time when you have to face stressful situation and how you handle it?   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA).

Interview

months. Applied online through Cal website, phone screen and then a couple of in person meetings. Took 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Standard stuff - experience, pubs   1 Answer

Negotiation

Low balled on salary