University of California Berkeley Interview Questions in California | Glassdoor

2.5

184 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Academic Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Oakland, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call a month later to schedule an in-person interview for the following week. Lengthy interview with 16 questions, which took about an hour total. Received a phone call from the hiring manager two days later that they selected another candidate that possessed more relevant experience.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. I got a very good impression of the department of the bat. The people were friendly. I was a bit nervous.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

The manager asked a few questions regarding the experiences on my resume, and asked about my availability. Then the manager described the job responsibilities and asked if I had any questions. At the end, I was told to come to the first day of work the following Monday.

Admissions Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interviewer set up an interview through an online school application portal, we had a one face-to-face interview, there were very easy questions and amicable environment set up for the interviewee. Quick, reliable responses in an amicable environment and quiet setting.

CAD Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

You come in sit talk with manager and his assistant. It was kind of off putting the questions but not something you couldn't answer immediately. Its interesting I didn't really feel good about the job as they require a lot of Grad Students and they want a 2 year commitment. Which I find strange like you can't get any experience in other firms just work for them all year long its that good of a deal.

Student Services Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Took forever, and then moved very fast with 2 interviews and offer within 4 days. I waited a very long time, heard nothing, had almost forgotten I was in the running and suddenly got a call one day. Was very surprised and excited.

Interview Questions

• Panel interview. Lots of role play like questions. Lots of questions about how I deal with inefficiency, bureacracy , dysfunction and chaos.   1 Answer

Transportation Interview

Anonymous Employee in UC Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (UC Berkeley, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone screen. Helpful and Friendly Panel Interview. One-on-one interview thereafter. The process went smoothly because the atmosphere allows you to be free and open with discussions, your paradigm, and your approach to problem solving.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer to be a day-to-day operations manager, or a strategic planner.   1 Answer

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a quick process - took less than a month. I applied online but I had a friend talk up my resume to HR. The interview itself was with a host of program directors. Later on, I found it odd that I never had a chance to chat with my colleague with the same title who had been there for years in the role.

Interview Questions

• What are your associations with unions and collective bargaining.   1 Answer

Research Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

2 rounds. One phone and one on-site.
    Phone interview mainly asks questions based on the resume and some behavior questions.
    The on-site one is more high-level. Most of the questions focus on the real work experience.

Recruitment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Met with 6 interviewers who asked standard questions they had prewritten, very basic HR, very uncreative. left the interview feeling less excited by the lack of innovation in the interview, and felt the interviewers were robotic.

They said they'd get back to me in a week, but I had to wait a month to get any feedback after trying to contact the lead recruiter every week. I ended up being very unimpressed with the process, and felt glad I didn't move forward with a company that doesn't respect the interview process. It's clear they are unorganized and don't care about entry level employees. They can blame it on process (as a government entity) but it felt very unprofessional. I've experienced much better interviews many other places, and it's clear their process needs work.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay organized? how do you manage multiple projects?   Answer Question