University of California Berkeley Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 20, 2018

2.5

Academic Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Oakland, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call a month later to schedule an in-person interview for the following week. Lengthy interview with 16 questions, which took about an hour total. Received a phone call from the hiring manager two days later that they selected another candidate that possessed more relevant experience.

Event Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

I am a current UC Berkeley employee, seeking to transfer into another department. I applied online and received a follow-up request for a telephone screen in early December. Following the call I was asked to come in for a panel interview. I was told this dept. was in dire need to fill the position and that I would receive a response regarding their decision by the end of the following week. It is now almost 4 weeks and I've heard nothing. Obviously I was not selected but a quick email, either personalized from the hiring manager or through the system would have been appreciated.

Staff Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online through the website. I was called for interview after one and half month. There were two rounds of interviews of which one was with the Director of the facility. The third one was a laboratory work, where they examined my pipetting skill. During the interview, they asked some ten questions which included basics in molecular biology and sequencing. The environment was very optimistic and they answered my queries in the best way. I enjoyed the entire process. They send me the offer letter within few weeks and I have accepted it.

Human Resources Interview

Interview

This was a one on one interview in which the interview asked me a series of behavioral and situational questions. There was an online application with written answers and an in person interview.

Equipment Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley.

Interview

Met with direct manager, and director. Was asked questions about past experiences. Was given quite a few technical questions. Hypothetical situations where certain tools showed certain malfunctions - and what I would do to investigate and or repair.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley.

Interview

Most interviews at UCB are a panel interview, where there are 3-6 people at the table. They ask a set of questions and are required to ask the same questions to each candidate. Sometimes they do a phone screen first, and expect to hear some of those exact questions if you make it to a personal interview. Good idea to wear blue and gold to the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position and why do you think you are qualified?   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation where you had to deal with a difficult co-worker. How did you handle it or how was it resolved?   1 Answer

Center Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley in September 2017.

Interview

Phone interview which led to a panel interview with a written portion. Interview panel was 20 minutes late, interviewer was texting during the interview. Drilling going on outside, no one offered water to drink, yet they had it for themselves.

Student Interview

Interview

As of 2014, they would schedule interviews for those who are on the border. Others won't be interviewed.
    I didn't interview but I met the representative in my region in an event after. He is an alumni, very friendly and even offered to drive me to and from the event since I needed transportation.

Interview Questions

• They can be very slow to process paperwork and calling calCentral would put you on hold for at least 20 mins on busy days   1 Answer

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. I got a very good impression of the department of the bat. The people were friendly. I was a bit nervous.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley.

Interview

I got refer from a friend and the process took about 2-3 weeks. The interview was smooth and chill. Just be prepared to explain your research experience and how you tackle technical problems.