University of California Berkeley Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at University of California Berkeley

2.5

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA).

Interview

Basic behavioral questions and about my background in the Philippines before I moved to the United States. It was just an informal interview because I took the advanced Filipino class.

Interview Questions

• How would you improve the online classroom setting?   1 Answer

HR Generalist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley.

Interview

First you receive an Initial Interview Questionnaire with pretty basic questions. Then you go in for a panel interview with a lot of situational/behavioral questions. Lastly, you have an interview with the manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to troubleshoot between systems and noticed a problem.   1 Answer

Project Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in UC Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (UC Berkeley, CA).

Interview

Applied on the website for the job I was then got called for 2 rounds of in-person interview. The interview was with the direct supervisor and faculty member with who I was going to work with on various projects.

Interview Questions

• Walkthrough experience and how it related to the job description.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Face to face interview. Got invitation a week after I submitted the application. Required a transcript and a description of classes taken. Deadline if one week before the classes started so submit application early.

Youth Programs Coordinator Interview

Interview

Initial email invitation to a phone interview with link to sign up for available dates & times. First phone interview. Then second round of phone interview. Final would be a video call.

Interview Questions

• There is concern regarding the amount of screen time that students are being exposed to. What recommendations do you have regarding this?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online
    I was emailed by the director of the research center. We set up a video call interview. Within a week I received an email stating that I had not been selected for the second interview.

Interview Questions

Interview

I was asked minimal questions about my work ethic and schedule when I applied. I interviewed with the head of my library and mostly communicated via email with them. Super straightforward and easy.

Communication Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley in August 2020.

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted directly by email from the manager about a written assessment via email. I submitted it and they said they would get back to me within 2 weeks about next steps. After not hearing back after 2 weeks I emailed them and they didn't respond at all. A month later I get an automated rejection email from the system.
    So rude and unprofessional, they could've taken 5 seconds to acknowledge receipt of the assessment or email me saying they were going with another candidate. Discouraged from applying again.

Interview Questions

• What background do you have, what interests you about the position, some scenario questions, salary expectations, etc   Answer Question

Registrar Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in August 2020.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a few weeks later to have a preliminary phone interview.

I spoke with the interviewer and was asked a basic set of questions (It seems UC Berkeley tends to ask the same general questions for multiple positions. This was the 2nd interview I had for the school (different position) and similar questions were asked almost word for word.

I was told the hiring process/interview process would be likely a little slow but should hear back on my status within a week or so. I sent a thank you email to the interviewer after we talked

After 3.5 weeks of radio silence I reached back out to the person that conducted the interview to check on my application status. Within 2 hours I received a general rejection email letting me know my application was no longer being considered. I think they must have forgotten to send this out earlier. I heard nothing directly from the person I spoke with.

I wish I had better insight as to why or what skills I was lacking.

Interview Questions

• Share a situation where you had to make and or implement a (non-personnel) decision that did not please everyone. How did you handle it, what was the outcome, and how did the effected parties feel?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at UC Berkeley?   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Interview

A professor reached out to me and wanted video recording of statistical concepts from me. He sent 5 questions and asked me how I approach those questions. I prepared well for the questions and recorded myself and sent to him