KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

University of California Berkeley Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 386 of over 386 interviews

In Person10%
2.5
HardAverageEasy

University of California Berkeley

Application

I interviewed at University of California Berkeley

Interview

I was invited to interview, and I provided some available times as requested. I never got a confirmation email. In my experience of doing interviews and regular work meetings, everyone I've encountered so far has confirmed a time before calling. No one else has ever just picked one of my available times without informing me which specific times you'll call me at. Unless it's a cold call, which I don't think it was meant to be because this was supposed to be an interview. They usually happen at scheduled times. I replied to their email very politely and apologetically for the miscommunication (though hardly any fault of my own) -- and got no response.

University of California Berkeley

Application

I interviewed at University of California Berkeley

Interview

interview started with groups of three to four people and the interviewers take turns asking questions which each member of the group will have to respond. The interview was fairly quick with quite a lot of behavioral questions and at the end of the interview, each person must show a presentation.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you like econ.
    Answer Question

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,927

972 Comments

Join the conversation on

University of California Berkeley

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley in May 2022

Interview

Sent a questionnaire with several questions and scenarios. After completing and returning, never heard from them again, even after following up, even to say no thank you or not interested.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

University of California Berkeley

Application

I interviewed at University of California Berkeley

Interview

interview with founders, explaining what was my major interest for work and outside work. Getting to meet the team, set up expectations and tasks and communications for the semester. a very easy process

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

University of California Berkeley

Application

I interviewed at University of California Berkeley

Interview

Interview process was fairly straight forward. The interviewer was laid back and it didn't feel too formal. We talked about past experience and any questions I had about the job.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

University of California Berkeley

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley

Interview

Really laid back interview process. As much as your skills are important I think employers are also looking to see if you would be a great fit for the team.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

University of California Berkeley

Application

I interviewed at University of California Berkeley

Interview

Very brief, mostly about my past teaching experience. I also shared a little bit about my favorite classes in college and what I could bring from those experiences. As a past GSI at Berkeley, I found the interview for the reader to be very easy.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

University of California Berkeley

Application

I interviewed at University of California Berkeley

Interview

Very simple interview, just asked about past experiences, how to handle difficult situations, and future goals. One on one interview with current lab manager and another interview with the PI.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

University of California Berkeley

Application

I interviewed at University of California Berkeley

Interview

Super quick and fast turn around. I was hired last minute so the paper work took a month (after my appointment) to be finished, but if you have a contact, the process usually goes fast.

Interview Questions
  • Have you GSI-ed before and have you taken a pedagogy course at UC Berkeley.

University of California Berkeley

Application

I interviewed at University of California Berkeley

Interview

30 minutes, 2 interviewers, mostly behavioral questions (leadership, why this course, etc.), pretend that you're explaining a problem to fifty students. List of questions are provided a couple of days before interview

Interview Questions
  • Explain a problem (problem differs for each course), imagine you're explaining it to 50 students in a review session.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 386 Interviews

University of California Berkeley Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at University of California Berkeley as 74.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.52 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Graduate Student Researcher and Research Assistant rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Postdoctoral Scholar and Administrative Assistant roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at University of California Berkeley takes an average of 24 days when considering 387 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Research Assistant had the quickest hiring process (on average 4 days), whereas Postdoctoral Scholar roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 45 days).

Common stages of the interview process at University of California Berkeley according to 387 Glassdoor interviews include:

Group Panel Interview: 22.78%