University of California Berkeley Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of California Berkeley Interview Questions

Updated Oct 9, 2017

2.5

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley.

Interview

Most interviews at UCB are a panel interview, where there are 3-6 people at the table. They ask a set of questions and are required to ask the same questions to each candidate. Sometimes they do a phone screen first, and expect to hear some of those exact questions if you make it to a personal interview. Good idea to wear blue and gold to the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position and why do you think you are qualified?   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation where you had to deal with a difficult co-worker. How did you handle it or how was it resolved?   1 Answer

Center Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley in September 2017.

Interview

Phone interview which led to a panel interview with a written portion. Interview panel was 20 minutes late, interviewer was texting during the interview. Drilling going on outside, no one offered water to drink, yet they had it for themselves.

Student Interview

Interview

As of 2014, they would schedule interviews for those who are on the border. Others won't be interviewed.
    I didn't interview but I met the representative in my region in an event after. He is an alumni, very friendly and even offered to drive me to and from the event since I needed transportation.

Interview Questions

• They can be very slow to process paperwork and calling calCentral would put you on hold for at least 20 mins on busy days   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley.

Interview

I got refer from a friend and the process took about 2-3 weeks. The interview was smooth and chill. Just be prepared to explain your research experience and how you tackle technical problems.

CAD Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

You come in sit talk with manager and his assistant. It was kind of off putting the questions but not something you couldn't answer immediately. Its interesting I didn't really feel good about the job as they require a lot of Grad Students and they want a 2 year commitment. Which I find strange like you can't get any experience in other firms just work for them all year long its that good of a deal.

Event Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley.

Interview

I had 2 really great interviews, followed up multiple times, and they ghosted me.

Sad that an industry so theoretically focused on “changing & connecting the world” doesn’t have the basic decency to simply follow up.

People talk to each other- be mindful of the impact your ghosting may have. A candidate is a candidate, and you should treat them as a professional, not like some random girl/ guy you met online.

Advice to recruiters & hiring manager:

Respond to your candidate’s emails, and try to be as honest and transparent as you can about timelines. We all understand that things come up, emails don’t get sent, etc. Your candidate shouldn’t have to follow up with you post-interview (that is your job, not theirs).

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley.

Interview

Presentation for an hour followed by discussion with the PI and lab members for the whole day. Subject related questions mostly, then followed by culture fit for the particular lab you are interviewing for

Interview Questions

• What is the reason for selecting this particular field?   Answer Question

Transportation Interview

Anonymous Employee in UC Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (UC Berkeley, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone screen. Helpful and Friendly Panel Interview. One-on-one interview thereafter. The process went smoothly because the atmosphere allows you to be free and open with discussions, your paradigm, and your approach to problem solving.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer to be a day-to-day operations manager, or a strategic planner.   1 Answer

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a quick process - took less than a month. I applied online but I had a friend talk up my resume to HR. The interview itself was with a host of program directors. Later on, I found it odd that I never had a chance to chat with my colleague with the same title who had been there for years in the role.

Interview Questions

• What are your associations with unions and collective bargaining.   1 Answer

Research Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

2 rounds. One phone and one on-site.
    Phone interview mainly asks questions based on the resume and some behavior questions.
    The on-site one is more high-level. Most of the questions focus on the real work experience.