University of California Berkeley Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of California Berkeley Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2017

2.5

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley.

Interview

It was decent. There were three people interviewing me.
    They asked me to introduce myself, asked me about items on my resume.
    They had a sheet of questions to ask me and they took turns to ask me the questions.

Interview Questions

• What were your previous experiences, why do you want this position, etc.   Answer Question

Recruitment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Met with 6 interviewers who asked standard questions they had prewritten, very basic HR, very uncreative. left the interview feeling less excited by the lack of innovation in the interview, and felt the interviewers were robotic.

They said they'd get back to me in a week, but I had to wait a month to get any feedback after trying to contact the lead recruiter every week. I ended up being very unimpressed with the process, and felt glad I didn't move forward with a company that doesn't respect the interview process. It's clear they are unorganized and don't care about entry level employees. They can blame it on process (as a government entity) but it felt very unprofessional. I've experienced much better interviews many other places, and it's clear their process needs work.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay organized? how do you manage multiple projects?   Answer Question

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I submitted a resume and cover letter through the UC Berkeley jobs website. The first time I tried to submit the application, it didn't go through. I knew it didn't go through b/c I got a confirmation e-mail that said "We got your application for the following position..." and then the rest of the e-mail body was blank. The second time I submitted my application, I submitted it successfully. I got an e-mail the next week asking for a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a bit about yourself and why you applied for this position?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me where you see yourself, career wise, in a few years?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me about your experience working with various sensors?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had to troubleshoot a sensor you installed?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Initial interview was done as a video self-interview - record yourself answering questions. Next is a panel interview with 6 other people for an hour. There is a coordinator that is a primary contact and sits in the interview panel. Overall it was a well-coordinated process.

Interview Questions

• General questions about work experience, what was done, how it was done, and technical questions. Questions such as tell us about your experience in financial systems, software, tell us a time when something didn't turn out as expected, mistakes encountered and so forth.   1 Answer

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

First is a small code question: Create a dictionary of every word in a text file and then create a matrix based on the text file. After 2 weeks, have an interview with professor on skype. Asks about my background and the projects I did. Also, the weekly work load. Get offer after a week.

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley.

Interview

Went through a 30 minutes phone interview. The interviewer was friendly, she asked some questions about my work experience,and what I knew about the job scope and the study involved.

The general job scope was posted online but not the specifics about the study, it was useful to read up on previously published journals to ease this process. The bulk of the interview involved me predominately asking her about specifics about the study and what it entails.

Interview Questions

• Please describe your background. What are your previous experience in research and coordination.   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Hartford, CT) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was 17 questions, they said it was Berkeley policy. All the interviewers were super nice but there were 3 which made me a little intimidated. I applied on skype and half way through the connection cut out, but they had given me a number before so I could call if something like that were to happen. We then continued the interview on the phone. Overall it was pretty relaxed, they do ask you why you are interested in the specific department of study you are applying for even if you have an administrative job, so be careful of that.

Interview Questions

• How would you plan an event from start to finish?   1 Answer

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in UC Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (UC Berkeley, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

30 mins phone screening with HR, followed by a 1.5 hour panel interview on site. HR was very difficult to communicate with during this process, did not follow up very well and were not easy to reach. The interview itself went fine, although I had been informed if they'd asked me back for a second interview, it would have been another 1.5 hours with a different panel. To me, this seems like a large waste of the interviewee's time, the first interview could be a bit shorter, down to the normal 1 hr time, and then anyone who was going further along could come back for a longer, second interview.

Interview Questions

• What ideas do you have for how to measure successful project outcomes?   Answer Question

Admissions Reader Haas School of Business Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

First I spoke with someone currently doing the job. Then I went into the office to be interviewed by the position manager. We discussed my background, the position and the school, then discussed some approaches to doing the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe the culture of Haas? How would you identify candidates who would best fit the culture?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley.

Interview

The interview process was simple, but it took them a while to get back to me. I submitted an application two months before they reached out to me for an interview. There was a panel of interviewers who asked to see your resume and asked basic interview questions. Questions included your hours availability, strengths and weaknesses, mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What past experience did you have that made you qualified for the job?   Answer Question