University of California Berkeley Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

2.5

277 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Human Resources Interview

Interview

This was a one on one interview in which the interview asked me a series of behavioral and situational questions. There was an online application with written answers and an in person interview.

Equipment Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley.

Interview

Met with direct manager, and director. Was asked questions about past experiences. Was given quite a few technical questions. Hypothetical situations where certain tools showed certain malfunctions - and what I would do to investigate and or repair.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley.

Interview

Most interviews at UCB are a panel interview, where there are 3-6 people at the table. They ask a set of questions and are required to ask the same questions to each candidate. Sometimes they do a phone screen first, and expect to hear some of those exact questions if you make it to a personal interview. Good idea to wear blue and gold to the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position and why do you think you are qualified?   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation where you had to deal with a difficult co-worker. How did you handle it or how was it resolved?   1 Answer

Center Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley in September 2017.

Interview

Phone interview which led to a panel interview with a written portion. Interview panel was 20 minutes late, interviewer was texting during the interview. Drilling going on outside, no one offered water to drink, yet they had it for themselves.

Student Interview

Interview

As of 2014, they would schedule interviews for those who are on the border. Others won't be interviewed.
    I didn't interview but I met the representative in my region in an event after. He is an alumni, very friendly and even offered to drive me to and from the event since I needed transportation.

Interview Questions

• They can be very slow to process paperwork and calling calCentral would put you on hold for at least 20 mins on busy days   1 Answer

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. I got a very good impression of the department of the bat. The people were friendly. I was a bit nervous.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley.

Interview

I got refer from a friend and the process took about 2-3 weeks. The interview was smooth and chill. Just be prepared to explain your research experience and how you tackle technical problems.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

The manager asked a few questions regarding the experiences on my resume, and asked about my availability. Then the manager described the job responsibilities and asked if I had any questions. At the end, I was told to come to the first day of work the following Monday.

CAD Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

You come in sit talk with manager and his assistant. It was kind of off putting the questions but not something you couldn't answer immediately. Its interesting I didn't really feel good about the job as they require a lot of Grad Students and they want a 2 year commitment. Which I find strange like you can't get any experience in other firms just work for them all year long its that good of a deal.

Event Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley.

Interview

I had 2 really great interviews, followed up multiple times, and they ghosted me.

Sad that an industry so theoretically focused on “changing & connecting the world” doesn’t have the basic decency to simply follow up.

People talk to each other- be mindful of the impact your ghosting may have. A candidate is a candidate, and you should treat them as a professional, not like some random girl/ guy you met online.

Advice to recruiters & hiring manager:

Respond to your candidate’s emails, and try to be as honest and transparent as you can about timelines. We all understand that things come up, emails don’t get sent, etc. Your candidate shouldn’t have to follow up with you post-interview (that is your job, not theirs).