University of California Berkeley Catering and Events Coordinator-Housing and Dining Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

5.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Catering and Events Coordinator-Housing and Dining Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA).

Interview

The phone interview went well. After that, everything went down hill. I was interviewed by a panel of 6 people. I wasn't aware that it would be a panel but, you have to be prepared for just about anything so that was fine. What I wasn't prepared for was what rude, lifeless, unengaging, less than hospitable people they were. The questions were broad and as an event planner, one always wants to drill down to the core of a detail--so when I tried to clarify the question, one of the women on the panel threw her hands up and proclaimed "perhaps I'm not making myself clear!" and shook her head. When I interviewed canditates at my last job, I went out of my way to make that person feel welcome so that I could bring out their best and hopelly get a good sense of them and their talents.. Nope! Just the opposite here. Part of me wanted to run for the hills as I knew I would never want to work with these people....ever. The professional in me knew I needed to finish the interview and then get the heck out of there. What a shame that they were the representatives of such a fine school!

Interview Questions

• The questions were unengaging and read from a piece of paper   Answer Question