University of California Berkeley Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of California Berkeley Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.5

Interview

Hiring and Interview Processes went by relatively quickly; two weeks or so at the most. Interviews are relatively no trick; there is some wait time between getting hired and getting notified on when to work. It was a relatively relaxed interview, the people there are really nice and they expect a solid interview.

Negotiation

This was a student job, nonegotiation

Interview

Highly competitive application process, requirements posted on website include current CV, personal statement, research experience, and three recommendation letters. They pay for travel expenses if selected for interviews, which consist of 6-8 meetings with principal investigators in the department.

Interview Questions

Interview

I was contacted by one of the Student Affairs Officers, and was called in for an interview. During the interview I was asked about my personal, educational, and professional background; it was all very straight forward.

Interview Questions

• I can't think of a question I thought was unexpected or too difficult.   Answer Question

Interview

graduated and stay in the same place as a postdoctoral scholar for another year. everything was smooth except that the paper works came one month late than it should. they say they will give me salary for that lost month though. still waiting....

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

The interview is done by a group of people, which can be intimidating at times. However, they are very accommodating as far as scheduling the interview to meet your schedule.

Interview Questions

• No really difficult technical questions were asked; they mainly asked about previous experience.   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Interview

It's a typical application process of entering a graduate school. We have to prepare GRE and our statement of purpose and personal history statement. After we submit our application, we wait for two months, and then some professors that are interested in our application would schedule interviews with us. They ask questions about my past research and wether I will come to Berkeley if I get admission.

CS170 Reader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley.

Interview

I got an email from the professor asking if I wanted to grade papers for his class and I said sure. It was really just as simple as that, get an A the semester before and you'll get a free job offer. Overall, the job is quite a bit of fun as I can see how the students are doing and I get to review the material.

Interview Questions

• Will you please be a reader for me?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Here's the salary, non negotiable.

Research Scientist Interview

Interview

Title changed from Postdoc to scientist, no additional hiring process

Interview Questions

Interview

Open search.

Interview Questions

• Sorry, honestly can't remember. The interview was not that challenging.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Frustrating because they did not expect me to negotiate but I got what I wanted in the end.

Assistant Coach Interview

Interview

Had previous relationship with staff so interview process was them recruiting me via phone.

Interview Questions

• There is a salary freeze (and you're taking a paycut to start with)   Answer Question

Negotiation

None - salary freeze at the time