University of California Berkeley Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 13, 2017

2.5

Student Veteran Peer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview with the Supervisor was smooth and usually the final approval. They asked a lot of questions regarding your interests and soft skills. Additionally, they ask why you want to work in this position and why you are passionate about the position. The interview process gave me an idea of how the work schedule and interaction I will have with students will be.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work and assist this particular student community?   Answer Question

Research Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

2 rounds. One phone and one on-site.
    Phone interview mainly asks questions based on the resume and some behavior questions.
    The on-site one is more high-level. Most of the questions focus on the real work experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley.

Interview

I got refer from a friend and the process took about 2-3 weeks. The interview was smooth and chill. Just be prepared to explain your research experience and how you tackle technical problems.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

There were four interviewers who asked about 3 questions each. Total interview lasted about 1 hour, including time for me to ask a few questions at the end. The overall interview was pleasant and not intimidating at all.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my experience in all the areas specifically listed in the job description.   Answer Question

Student Services Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

There was a two-round interview process. I met with four people for the first round and three people for the second round. They took turns going around asking me questions. The interview took about 1 hour each time.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Seoul (South Korea)) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied for this program online. Then, I got an invitation letter from the department. I was not able to fly to US, so I interviewed with PI via a phone call instead. Three weeks later, I
    got an admission and discussed salaries.

CAD Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

You come in sit talk with manager and his assistant. It was kind of off putting the questions but not something you couldn't answer immediately. Its interesting I didn't really feel good about the job as they require a lot of Grad Students and they want a 2 year commitment. Which I find strange like you can't get any experience in other firms just work for them all year long its that good of a deal.

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Working closely with a search firm, Berkeley structured a full day of interviews with teams of people. The day was exhausting and most likely should have been split into two days. Finalists were brought in for person interviews from around the country.

Interview Questions

• What experiences do you have in driving a complex organization's mission?   Answer Question

Welder Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley (North Little Rock, AR) in January 2014.

Interview

It was bad. I hated it. I didn't like it at all. If I interviewed someone, I would do a better job. I mean, come on. Really? Man oh man oh man oh man. That is pretty much all I have to say about that.

Event Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of California Berkeley.

Interview

I had 2 really great interviews, followed up multiple times, and they ghosted me.

Sad that an industry so theoretically focused on “changing & connecting the world” doesn’t have the basic decency to simply follow up.

People talk to each other- be mindful of the impact your ghosting may have. A candidate is a candidate, and you should treat them as a professional, not like some random girl/ guy you met online.

Advice to recruiters & hiring manager:

Respond to your candidate’s emails, and try to be as honest and transparent as you can about timelines. We all understand that things come up, emails don’t get sent, etc. Your candidate shouldn’t have to follow up with you post-interview (that is your job, not theirs).